Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

betting ****THE OPEN****

as with the US open (and the other majors) i have small each/way bets on the golf.
this year i am backing (win market and place market on betfair) hunter mahan 33-1, retief goosen 54-1, mike wier 119-1 and rory mcilroy 39-1 (all 4 of which gave me a good run for my money in the US open).
also backing david duval 159-1 and chad campbell 309-1.

c'mon lifers, forget about takeministration and tell us your winners.

Comments

• Duval, O'Hair, Poulter and Leonard pour moi
  • Mine are as follows

Henrik Stenson 35/1
    Sean O'Hair 75/1
    Just leonard 100/1
    Ross Fisher 40/1
  • E/W Goosen 50/1 with Corals

And Paul Lawrie 300/1
  • Goosen and Poulter would be my tips.
  • can't have the Goose after his monster choke last Sunday
  • I think its going to be a European - Links course might be too tough for the Americans....
  • with that Im going with, Westwood, Mcilroy, Ogilvy, Casey and maybe one more.....
  • Poulter really fancies himself this year (shock!)

Im gonna have an each-way bet on him....plus gotta be patriotic, means i can shout at the TV.
  • Hunter Mayhan and Kaymer also stand out both in very good form!
  • edited July 2009
    Won big time 2 years ago with Padraig @ 25-1 and last year at 16's. Not sure if he can do it again, might be worth e/w with Paddy Power paying out to 7th place.

If the weather is bad his chances improve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think i read Boyle Sports is 1/4 odds to 8th place
  • I shall be doing e/w on:
    Stenson 28/1
    Stricker 28/1
    Scott 60/1
    Zach Johnson 66/1
    Tim Clark 125/1

those odds are totesport but I will be doing paddy power as that is where my account is.
  • what about Sam Snead he must be up there with Gary Player
  • P.Casey
    G.Ogilvy
    K.Perry
    N.Watney
    T.Clark

All each way. I don't normally have a flutter on golf, but I've got the week off and will be able to watch it for a change.
  • Paddy power are doing each way bets down to 7th place.
  • Probably be some American you've never heard of before. Or Harrington for the hat-trick.

Meant to be going tomorrow, so will tell you after I've had a closer look at them...
  • I'm on Betfair:

Westwood @ 40
    Stenson @ 44
    Fisher (hope his wife doesn't give birth during the Tourney) @ 48
    Duval @ 130

Jumped the gun on Fisher and Duval who are trading at bigger prices than I took a week ago.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]I shall be doing e/w on:
    Stenson 28/1
    Stricker 28/1
    Scott 60/1
    Zach Johnson 66/1
    Tim Clark 125/1

those odds are totesport but I will be doing paddy power as that is where my account is.

Got these odds on Ladbrokes in end

Stenson 40/1
    Stricker 50/1
    Johnson 100/1
    Scott 66/1
    Clark 150/1
  • Just got back from a couple of days of watching practice up there and i have to say poulter and mcilroy look in great shape and were both hitting the ball very well but they are both on really short odds. 2 players i would recommend, after seeing them out on the course...are Justin Rose, who i believe you can get odds on him at 110/1 or Zach Johnson.
  • I reckon Martin Kaymer...but i hope Lee Westwood
  • Sponsored links:

• Ive backed Nick Dougherty at 150-1

He's been in very good form recently.
  • Westward's flying at the moment playing with Tiger Woods and a Japanese feller Ishikawa, what absolutely belting pair of strides he's wearing! I knew I seen them before, he's had them taken in a few sizes ;)
  • The pocket says Fisher or Westwood, the Heart says Tom.
  • Ross Fisher a couple ahead now (just be hoping his wife doesn't go into labour)
  • [cite]Posted By: Super_horns[/cite]Ross Fisher a couple ahead now (just be hoping his wife doesn't go into labour)

I dont think it'll matter as he's just taken an 8 and is back at level par.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Super_horns[/cite]Ross Fisher a couple ahead now (just be hoping his wife doesn't go into labour)[/quote]

I dont think it'll matter as he's just taken an 8 and is back at level par.[/quote]

Yes...its the sort if time really when your better off saying nothing till the end because so much changes!
  • If Watson wins this (and its a big if, especially the way he's started and the way Westwood is playing) I think it will be the best sporting story ever. I'll probably cry!
  • Westwood to drop a shot?

Seems like once somebody gains a little advantage they let it slip.
  • Jesus wept - Watson leading by one going to the seventeenth!!!
  • Westwood and Wood will be annoyed at getting their bogeys on the last hole but then I guess Watson will be even more gutted (albeit having won 5 times before!) if he doesn't win the play-off.