Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blatant lies related to the club

edited July 2009 in Rumours
Anyone else getting annoyed with blatant lies being posted at the moment with no internet links to support the info?

Facts only please during these stressfilled times!

Or use this thread alone to paste your lies :o)

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• like....
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Anyone else getting annoyed with blatant lies being posted at the moment with no internet links to support the info?

Facts only please during these stressfilled times!

Or use this thread alone to paste your lies :o)

Thanks everyone!

Blatant lies?
    Where?

If we don't know the truth, how can we tell what are lies???
  • I deffo saw the arger khan, richard branson, the hinduja brothers, the lord of westmister and duncan banatyne in the snug at the antigalian discussing there take over bid, then I finished beating jimmy white at pool then done phil taylor with a 9 dart finish at the ochey in the pub before my limo turned up with karley from big bro, stacey from eastenders and davina mccall in the back and we went back to my 2m riverside penthouse.... truth I tells ya !!!
  • Dazzler........................ I think our American friend makes an excellent point don't you?
  • LOL !! The only actual lies I've heard have come from RM himself. Perhaps you could have a word with him.
  • [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]If we don't know the truth, how can we tell what are lies???

Deep.
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Dazzler........................ I think our American friend makes an excellent point don't you?
    you are right he does lol

I just wanted to see how many of the "rumours" would come to light as BS and be added over here!

p.s this does not refer to the Mail story.
  • what mirror story
  • Sorry NLA meant Mail story!
  • Sponsored links:

• If you do not wish to be lied to, do not ask questions. If there were no questions, there would be no lies
  • [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]If you do not wish to be lied to, do not ask questions. If there were no questions, there would be no lies

As Derek Chappelll said to AFKA....
  • Heard on the news that David Beckham has siad he will come back and play in England. So he must be part of the takeover consortium.
  • at least someones got the idea!

I heard that Alfonso Alves is going to be our new striker in a deal worth 50p!
  • I heard there was going to be a meeting with fans and board members
  • Isn't Curbs coming back at Christmas?

Or was that last Christmas.....?
  • Charlton Life members badges are now available free of charge !
  • Notts County will taken over by a Middle Eastern Company..............
    ..........What do mean thats NOT a lie..............?
  • ''Pot Holes 'r' Us'' pick-up seen in west stand car park.
  • edited July 2009
    Have they started on the bowling alley under the West stand yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• OK - here is one: That Parkinson's permanent appointment would be based on "results," and results alone. So said Derek Chappell at Bromley in December, 2008.

Here is another: No new kit for 2009-10, only the possibility of a new sponsor on the same kit sold at a reduced price. So said Steve Waggott, at the very same public meeting where Derek Chappell made the statement on Parky the caretaker.

Neither have anything to do with the mysterious takeover, where there are fewer facts available than Millwall supporters in a Mensa Society.
  • OK - here is one: That Parkinson's permanent appointment would be based on "results," and results alone. So said Derek Chappell at Bromley in December, 2008.

But did he specify that the results had to be "good"?
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]OK - here is one: That Parkinson's permanent appointment would be based on "results," and results alone. So said Derek Chappell at Bromley in December, 2008.

But did he specify that the results had to be "good"?

Ah..the small print!
  • Chill out guys, enjoy the break and look forward to the next chapter in supporting our club. This is all one big game of Chinease whispers, whatever happens happpens, we can not change it.

And to those of you accussing Richard Murray of lieing, ask youselves, have you never bent the truth just a little in your jobs or at home.And besides how do you know that he didn't mean some of the things that he said when he said them because if he meant them but they just didn't happen does that make him a liar? Don't take it all so personally, enjoy it for what it is.

That is why supporting Charlton is so much more fun than being an armchair fan following one of the big 4 (or 5 )
  • i am not referring to RM im referring to here!
  • Sorry Dazzler, I know that.

I was responding to the couple of replies that followed your original post and in general as well.

Some of the guys on here take everything that happens at Charlton way too personally and need to try and relax over things that they have abslutely no control over whatsoever.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jpb Junior[/cite]Chill out guys, enjoy the break and look forward to the next chapter in supporting our club. This is all one big game of Chinease whispers, whatever happens happpens, we can not change it.

And to those of you accussing Richard Murray of lieing, ask youselves, have you never bent the truth just a little in your jobs or at home.And besides how do you know that he didn't mean some of the things that he said when he said them because if he meant them but they just didn't happen does that make him a liar? Don't take it all so personally, enjoy it for what it is.

That is why supporting Charlton is so much more fun than being an armchair fan following one of the big 4 (or 5 )

agree with you to an extent Jpb Junior BUT when someone like RM says some of the things he said you tend to take it as gospel. If what he said wasn't cast in stone he'd have been better off keeping quiet. It has come back to bite him on the arse as have comments by Waggott and Chappell.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]agree with you to an extent Jpb Junior BUT when someone like RM says some of the things he said you tend to take it as gospel. If what he said wasn't cast in stone he'd have been better off keeping quiet. It has come back to bite him on the arse as have comments by Waggott and Chappell.
    But to an extent they can't win, as if they don't say anything, people start complaining about the lack of communication, and suggest that they're hiding things from us.
  • Heres an idea.

Why not just tell the truth ?
  • X- FILE moment commig on ....... The Truth is out There !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!