Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TORCHWOOD....

2»

Comments

• Having never seen it before i'm surprised at how Barrowbloke is not the main focus & pleasently surprised at how the focus is more on the welshies. I won't lie to you, i may be a tad bias, but i'm all the happier for it. I'm with you Fraggle, her hubby is a real sweetie!
  • Wrong aliens are in the box , let em out put the Welsh in the box !!
  • Who says they're not Welsh, GH?
  • cardiff is just a suburb of Bristol anyway, its when you go further west you get proper welsh, I know believe me.
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]I've no idea who the 456 are but they appear to have taken over my mobile!
    I believe they're Portsmouth
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Having never seen it before i'm surprised at how Barrowbloke is not the main focus & pleasently surprised at how the focus is more on the welshies. I won't lie to you, i may be a tad bias, but i'm all the happier for it. I'm with you Fraggle, her hubby is a real sweetie!

Russell T davies is the writer, openly gay writer on Doctor Who, so not surprised with the Gay storyline, they make references to it on Doctor Who, but as it's a traditional kids show at prime time on a Saturday, he could not get away with it, or get it sanctioned, Torchwood is a different thing altogether.

A real sweetie, are you a chubby chaser? LOL
  • chubby chaser??????

lol

would you consider him chubby????? i wouldn't............but I said sweetie cos i thought/think him sweet...........certainly don't think he's attractive.............other than the fact he's welsh ;-)
  • edited July 2009
    456 ? thats a bus ! if they wanted REAL aliens they could have just taken the 145 from Londonbridge to Dalston. Breathing poison gas and eating children thats f**k all to what you can see or be seated next to on that route. Easy to get a seat tho just say"tickets please" dont say "imigration" as u might get flattened in the stamped.

Its not great but more believeable than CSI Miami.
  • yep particularly the inconspicuous blacked out range rover with a naff bit on top, almost as incognito as the starsky and hutch motor..
  • Bloody hell, that last episode was gut-wrenching, and I don't even have kids.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have to say I thought all 5 episodes were great ! Never watched it previously but for pure "escapism" I couldn't fault a thing.

Agree about last night's finale. Aliwibble . A real tear jerker.
  • Just realised that Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who, spose you all knew that NOT!
  • I knew that:
    FACT.

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Just realised that Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who, spose you all knew that NOT!

I will admit that I didn't know
  • Yeah I knew that, I think RTD mentioned it in an interview a while back.
  • Ok, sad git moment ...

When the first "new" series of Dr Who was being made in Wales, to disguise/protect the tapes whilst in transit to London they were all marked-up as Torchwood in the hope that no one would nick them.
  • Look out for True Blood coming on FX this week. Saw a bit of it while in the Caribbean and picked up the box set on line. Really good.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mstoneaddick[/cite]Look out for True Blood coming on FX this week. Saw a bit of it while in the Caribbean and picked up the box set on line. Really good.[/quote]

saw this advertised last night after the finale of Dexter (brilliant!). Looks good and fills the gap now Dexter's finished.

Thought Torchwood was really good, the last episode was brilliant.
  • Torchwood is being replayed on Watch tv. Still think it was a great series.

"We are....Here" !
  • Just watched "RandomShoes" (Series 1 ep: 9).
    Must be alot of dust in the air as my my eyes kept getting watery.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Lovin it' Lovin It' Lovin It'

Been cheating and tried to look for spoilers on the net but cant find anything beyond last nights episode (Which I looked at this morning...doh)
    Think it's been excellent, even if only to look at sexy Gwen
    So come on, who are the 456 then? (Yes, I know it's a radio frequency initially)

Oh yeah! Eve Myles :)

• Just started watching this week. Found the first few episodes absolutely awful. Stuck with it and appears to be getting better.
  • Watched one episode to see what all the fuss was about, had 2 blokes in it getting it on , put me right off , haven't watched since.
  • Watched one episode to see what all the fuss was about, had 2 blokes in it getting it on , put me right off , haven't watched since.
    What do you expect from a show that has John Barrowman as the lead?