Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sony Walkman help - playlists

Got given a MP3 Walkman (NWZ2-E436F). Never had an MP3 before and I cannot for the life of me work out how to set up a Playlist.

I'm trying to set up a Podcast playlist separate from my music. It appears yu have to do it in Windows Media Player as opposed to the Sony software but cannot work out how to do it.

Can anyone give me any tips. Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited July 2009
    I've got the NW-A3000, you should be able to do it in Sonicstage?

You can create a new playlist and add tracks to an existing playlist.

Click "My Library."
    The screen switches to the My Library screen.
    Click "Create/Edit Playlist" in the upper right of the screen.
    The Main Window switches to the Create/Edit Playlist screen.
    Select one or more tracks from the contents list on the left.
    To select multiple tracks, click the tracks while holding down CTRL.
    To select all the tracks in the contents list, click "Select All."
    Select the playlist to add to from the list on the right.
    Hint
    To add the track to a new playlist, click the "New Playlist" button. An empty playlist is created and is displayed in the playlist contents list. You can now input a name for the playlist.
    Click .
    The selected tracks are added to the playlist contents list on the right.
    Hints
    You can also add the track by dragging it to the appropriate playlist.
    To delete a track, select the track in the playlist contents list and click "Delete."
    When you have finished adding all the desired tracks, click "Close Edit."
    The My Library screen reappears.
    To change playlist information (album name, artist name, or genre)
    When the left side of the Create/Edit Playlist screen is in the Playlists View or Albums / Playlists View, right-click a playlist and select "Properties" in the menu that appears to display the Playlist Properties dialog box. In this dialog box you can view and edit the detailed information (including album name, artist name, and genre) for the playlist. - See Details

To add a track to a new playlist by selecting the track first
    To select a track first, right-click the track listed in the Albums View or the All Tracks View of the My Library screen. Point to "Add to Playlist" on the menu and select "New Playlist" to display the Create/Edit Playlist Screen. (A new playlist is created and the selected track is added to it.) You can now proceed from step 3 ab
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I've got the NW-A3000, you should be able to do it in Sonicstage?

You can create a new playlist and add tracks to an existing playlist.

Click "My Library."
    The screen switches to the My Library screen.
    Click "Create/Edit Playlist" in the upper right of the screen.
    The Main Window switches to the Create/Edit Playlist screen.
    Select one or more tracks from the contents list on the left.
    To select multiple tracks, click the tracks while holding down CTRL.
    To select all the tracks in the contents list, click "Select All."
    Select the playlist to add to from the list on the right.
    Hint
    To add the track to a new playlist, click the "New Playlist" button. An empty playlist is created and is displayed in the playlist contents list. You can now input a name for the playlist.
    Click .
    The selected tracks are added to the playlist contents list on the right.
    Hints
    You can also add the track by dragging it to the appropriate playlist.
    To delete a track, select the track in the playlist contents list and click "Delete."
    When you have finished adding all the desired tracks, click "Close Edit."
    The My Library screen reappears.
    To change playlist information (album name, artist name, or genre)
    When the left side of the Create/Edit Playlist screen is in the Playlists View or Albums / Playlists View, right-click a playlist and select "Properties" in the menu that appears to display the Playlist Properties dialog box. In this dialog box you can view and edit the detailed information (including album name, artist name, and genre) for the playlist. - See Details

To add a track to a new playlist by selecting the track first
    To select a track first, right-click the track listed in the Albums View or the All Tracks View of the My Library screen. Point to "Add to Playlist" on the menu and select "New Playlist" to display the Create/Edit Playlist Screen. (A new playlist is created and the selected track is added to it.) You can now proceed from step 3 ab

Christ alimighty....thank god I wasn't given one of those!!!!!!! LOL!
  • Options
    Thanks DA9 but what is Sonicstage?

Cannot see it on the software or info pack.
  • Options
    [/quote]

Christ alimighty....thank god I wasn't given one of those!!!!!!! LOL![/quote]

It's easier than it looks mate, LOL
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: HardyAddick[/cite]Thanks DA9 but what is Sonicstage?

Cannot see it on the software or info pack.

Downloadable software from Sony, manages their Walkman range

when downloaded, plug your Walkman into your pc/laptop and you should be able to click & drag songs from your walkman to your library, then vica versa, also good for burning cd's to the library then transferring to your walkman.

Sonicstage
  • Options
    Thanks. just about got the hang of it by trail and error!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HardyAddick[/cite]Thanks. just about got the hang of it by trail and error!

Best way :-)