Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sam Sodje anyone

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Would anyone want to see this fella back?

I thought he was brilliant when he was on loan a few years ago and was disappointed he didn’t join on a permanent.

He's a local lad (born in Greenwich) and even though Leeds are fav's to get him now he's free, Sam's stated that he's keeping his options open... For maybe a valley return anyone?

Comments

• I thought he was ok too, always put in loads of effort .Certainly good enough for league one, but i thought i read somewhere that he had signed for someone.
  • He'd do a job in division 3 for sure.

Got the odd useful goal too.
  • i'd definitely take him. i thought leeds had got him though.
  • [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]i'd definitely take him. i thought leeds had got him though.

As far as I know Leeds haven't made an offer, but I thought the suggestion though was that Bristol City were the interested party??

If Hudson does go then we'll need another CB - unless we want to repeat last year's experiment of only having two recognised CB's at the club, but we have to be careful to get the chemistry right. Fortune is a good player but doesn't strike me as a leader, I'd like to see us sign a CB who compliments his skills and negates his weaknesses.
  • Get him signed!
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]i'd definitely take him. i thought leeds had got him though.

As far as I know Leeds haven't made an offer, but I thought the suggestion though was that Bristol City were the interested party??

If Hudson does go then we'll need another CB - unless we want to repeat last year's experiment of only having two recognised CB's at the club, but we have to be careful to get the chemistry right. Fortune is a good player but doesn't strike me as a leader, I'd like to see us sign a CB who compliments his skills and negates his weaknesses.

Fortune and Sodje were our most successful centre half pairing in Pardew's first Championship season.

The thing is a) will Fortune sign a new contract and b) even if he does when will he be fit?

Either way we need somebody else in, finances permitting, given that Mambo isn't ready and Youga is better employed at left back.

Sodje would be as good as anybody assuming that Ward is too expensive.
  • [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Get him signed!

seconded
  • I would like to see him down there in this league although Ward would be my first choice
  • I would love to see him back at the club as he was one of my favorite players whilst here even thou he was on loan! We was going to sign him last season but he got an injury which them left him going on loan to Watford and then later Leeds if I am correct. He done a good job at Leeds and would be a great signing on a free!
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]I would like to see him down there in this league although Ward would be my first choice

We'll never afford him. He's on decent championship wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sam Sodje, if he's not already been signed elsewhere would be ideal.

After last season's limp wristed bunch, we need to sign players with balls, backbone and a big heart.
  • Would love to see him back.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]I would like to see him down there in this league although Ward would be my first choice

We'll never afford him. He's on decent championship wages.

He's on Premier League wages now !!
  • Said before a few times, Sodje is ideal for League One, squad player at best at Championship level. He said after the Coventry game he'd like to sign for us and he's out of contract (assuming he's not yet signed for anyone).

Of course Ward is the better all round player, but he'd obviously want bigger wages.
  • Would be an ideal partner for with Fortune or Llera with his pace and tenacity. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign in the next couple of days when most players contracts expire who have not been retained by their parent clubs.
  • Looks like we are about to miss out on another potential freebie.

SSN are reporting that Sodje is weighing up offers from Bristol City & Leeds.

Have only seen 45mins of Llera so far and I hope he does well for us, but I know who I'd rather have got in......
  • edited July 2009
    Still very early to judge Llera I think. He's not going to be perfect (but neither is Sodje) but I get the feeling he'll play a lot better than he did against Welling as we go through pre-season.

Hopefully we get Fortune's contract sorted out soon and then bring in someone else. Sodje would be ok but it's hardly a huge mistake either.
  • sodje would be a miss imho. Would be ideal in this league.

Not gone anywhere else yet so lets hope TO happens in time.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]sodje would be a miss imho. Would be ideal in this league.

Well I know what you mean, but it's really only because most of us don't know many other options that are both available free/cheaply and definitely up to League One football. There must be other players out there that are around a similar level that would sign for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• true Scoham, there may well be as good alternative out their but we know Sodje and his ability.

Whatever we need two more CHs. Hopefully one is fortune. Who is the other to be?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]true Scoham, there may well be as good alternative out their but we know Sodje and his ability.

Whatever we need two more CHs. Hopefully one is fortune. Who is the other to be?[/quote]

Patrick Kisnorbo is on trial somewhere at the moment. Think he was pretty highly rated when he was at Leceister.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Patrick Kisnorbo is on trial somewhere at the moment. Think he was pretty highly rated when he was at Leceister.

class act IMO
  • Kisnorbo is on trial at Derby and set up their goal yesterday. Not a bad player but i'm sure player recruitment is lower on the agenda at the moment.
  • Has Sam Sodje actually signed for anyone yet?
  • I hope he joins us after Manana when the T/O has taken place
  • edited August 2009
    Don't think he has yet.
  • I thought he'd signed for Bristol City, but if he's still free I'd have him