Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Camera advice/help needed please.

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
I Have a minolta dynax 3L camera with an af/zoom 0.48m/1.6ft macro,af28-100,if that makes any sense.takes film not digital, it is something i would like to use on my next hols but it does not have any instructions,any advice or help on this please would be great.

Comments

• Options
    Try http://www.nodevice.com/user_manual/konica_minolta/film_cameras/dynax_3l__maxxum_3.html (Googled it and you might be able to download a manual from there!)
  • Options
    Get yourself to your nearest jessops they can be quite helpful
  • Options
    Here's what those numbers mean:
    af refers to the fact that the camera has auto focus as opposed to just manual (most cameras do).
    zoom means that the lens isn't fixed but cam be used to get closer or further away from the subject.
    0.48m/1.6ft macro is the minumum distance you need to be away from the subject for it to be in focus
    af 28-100 is the range of focal lengths that you lens will zoom to. 28mm for taking landscapes and panoramas, 100mm for portaits and more close up shots. That's quite a flexible range that I'd guess means it can cover most subjects reasonably, but probably none brilliantly.
  • Options
    The camera and lens do nothing brilliantly,that is down to the photographer.

Steve Lamb
    Nikon Professional user.
  • Options
    Whatever you do, don't buy panasonic. All their new cameras have a "feature" whereby they can detect if the batteries you're using are genuine panasonic batteries or not, and refuse to work with ones that aren't.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice.