Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sad to say ---but

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Over last few days there has been the dribble of "Parky this ---Parky says that" form the OS and the local press. Looks as if they are trying to soften the blow of this megga under achiever still being "the manager" this season. The "take over" --if its there at all, sounds more like an investment and to lift some of the finanical burden off Murry/DC, this could stablize the debt and on a positive maybe keep ZZ,Fourtune,Baily,JonJo at the club instead of the need to sell. Seems hugely late if someone else is coming in , with friendlies only 3 weeks away.

Comments

• Options
    Agree. The OS says Phil Parkinsons side ! That pretty clear imho.
  • Options
    Well he has won 4 out of 28 matches after all.
  • Options
    Oh...I thought you were going to say....."Sad to say... but'...."I got it comletely wrong about June 23rd."
    Oh well................it's just a thought.
  • Options
    People keep going on about the clear signs of improvement, so this must be a good thing, right?

Right?

That's right isn't it?

Hold my hand...
  • Options
    At least we can look forward to the big ipswich friendly though you guy's, i cant wait for it, i mean we haven't played them for a good few months...................Head up eh!!
  • Options
    We had ZZ,Fourtune,Baily,JonJo last season and got relegated !

In my opinion when you look at our squad on paper, especially our midfield, is far and away better than most of the rest of the division. The problem is our squad should have been too good to go down last season but because of the appalling manager we had we accumulated our worst season ever. Why would Parkinson suddenly become a manager capable of motivating this group of players ? He wont, and as a result we will struggle this year with Parkinson as manager. I’d rather we let a couple of players go (apart from the holy trinity of Bailey-Raccon-Shelvy) and use the saved wages in brining in a decent manager. For instance wages saved on Burton and Spring should get us a decent enough coach. I’d rather have a squad of 22 players and a decent manager than 24 and Parkinson !!
  • Options
    Phil Parkinson is our manager and will be for the foreseable future.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Well he has won 4 out of 28 matches after all.

All this criticism of Parky is most unfair.

No defeats in May or in June so far ....... that's 2 months unbeaten.
    And yet people still want him out. Unbelievable.

;o)
  • Options
    What time is the board meeting ?
  • Options
    Its depressing, but I agree.

I hope I'm wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What Nick... sorry SE9 said. Its right. With that midfield we should easily have pulled ourself out of the mire. I know that they were only fullly fit come the end of the season but then we had no strikers to score the goals. If we had kept Varney and played him with them or played a mix of them and 442 with varney and mcloed I personally think we would have stayed up!

I personally have already got my season ticket and would have done regardless. Thats just what I think being a supporter is about, but I'll feel decidedly flat should it be announced that he will retain the managers position for this coming season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]What time is the board meeting ?

After lunch
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Phil Parkinson is our manager and will be for the foreseable future.

I agree B.....but the future may only be as far as lunch time.....forseable....Mmmmmmm that could mean 24 hours or 24 years....though the latter is stronging it a bit in my case!
  • Options
    sorry to disappoint you SE9 addick, the 2 players you mention you would like to see off the wage bill (Burton & Spring) are the only 2 permanent signings Parky made last season......so I think they will be the last ones to leave !!
  • Options
    been saying this since after the norwich game, parky and the munch bunch are here to stay, we REALLY have to get off to a flyer or there will be big trouble.. if we lose a few friendlys and then stutter into the league im sorry but somthing will have to be done, hes got 5 league games to prove to us he is the man, if were struggling in midtable and have lost a game at home then we all have to finally do somthing about it. No more we will have a review at christmas and see where we are! i take it they have had there end of season review and Parky is still there only option.. I thought Parky may have had the balls to step down himself but i guess he dosnt.. if nothing happens in the next week or so we are in the merd big time, we have been told we cant afford a fee for gherkin which would be no more than 350k im my eyes so apart from a couple of frees (we have already missed out on Clarke from southend) we once again will be playing the loan market for the 3rd season in a row, only now as a league one club we wont even be able to attract 'bigger' names. Sorry to rant shoot me down at will for those who dont agree just my view thats all, will still be there at welling and for Wycombe shouting and backing the team all the way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]What Nick... sorry SE9 said

Don't start that again !!!
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]sorry to disappoint you SE9 addick, the 2 players you mention you would like to see off the wage bill (Burton & Spring) are the only 2 permanent signings Parky made last season......so I think they will be the last ones to leave !!

And this is the man entrusted with our meagre transfer budget this summer. God help us.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    We should be keeping Burton and play him alongside a goalscorer with real pace.

Spring was a pointless signing, though to be fair Zheng and Racon were out injured and he was a cheap risk.

As I've said before, signing players in the summer is very different to signing them in January - Parkinson cannot be completely judged on his January signings.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Training starts tomorrow, I expect the following to turn up:-

Robbie Elliott
    Darren Randolf
    Yassin Moutalkil
    Chris Solly
    Jose Semedo
    Kelly Youga
    Grant Basey
    Jon Fortune
    Mark Hudson
    Miguel Lllera
    Matt Holland
    Nick Bailey
    Lloyd Sam
    Zheng Zhi
    Matt Spring
    Thierry Racon
    Deon Burton
    Chris Dickson
    Andy Gray
    Izale McLeod
    Stuart Fleetwood
    Jonjo Shelvey
    Scott Wagstaff
    Yado Mambo
    Tamar Tuna
    Jack Clark

Fortune ZZ Moo2 Gray and Hudson may be off; the last four are kids so should be excluded in terms of assessing size of squad, but we have a minimum of 17 senior players. I cannot see Parky getting many in, unless some go. He will want to the midfield from the last few matches, I cannot see many of the others being wanted by Championship clubs, which is the only way we are likely to shift people from our relatively high wage bill. No room therefore for loanees.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Fortune staying and Moo2 & Mcleod going IMO

and getting back to the thread - there is nothing to announce here - Phil Parkinson was appointed manager in January and I believe still has a yesr to run. So unless he gets sacked (and you would think that if we were gonna we woudda) he is here for the coming season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]Fortune staying and Moo2 & Mcleod going IMO

and getting back to the thread - there is nothing to announce here - Phil Parkinson was appointed manager in January and I believe still has a yesr to run. So unless he gets sacked (and you would think that if we were gonna we woudda) he is here for the coming season.

Stop talking such perfect sense Mr Maglor...

Yassin/Hudson/ZZ/Gray/JJ and Sam I think will also depart....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parky was only appointed manager until the final match of last season.

But he still has 12 months to run on his existing contract.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]Fortune staying and Moo2 & Mcleod going IMO

and getting back to the thread - there is nothing to announce here - Phil Parkinson was appointed manager in January and I believe still has a yesr to run. So unless he gets sacked (and you would think that if we were gonna we woudda) he is here for the coming season.[/quote]

Didn't someone post here that he was contracted until the end of the year? Judgement day will be 24th November after the home game to Bristol, a month before Transfer Deadline Day. If we haven't performed, he will be on gardening leave until his deal runs out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Judgement day will be 24th November

You're a forgiving man, for me judgment day was, Sat Jan 10 (2-0 home loss in "vital" game to Forrest) and Sat Mar 07 (3-2home loss in "vital" game to Watford). Judgement has already been passed. God knows where we'll be on the 24th of November.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite] God knows where we'll be on the 24th of November.

league one unfortunately ;-(
  • Options
    Said when we gave him the job I could see us being in a similar position come November to when we let Pardew go. I hope he proves me wrong.
  • Options
    He's here to stay and only dropped two places (to bottom) during his tenure despite
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Well he has won 4 out of 28 matches after all.

All this criticism of Parky is most unfair.

No defeats in May or in June so far ....... that's 2 months unbeaten.
    And yet people still want him out. Unbelievable.

;o)

Can only suggest that the rest of his tenure was non too clever.

Anyway, a bad start, which could conceivably be measured within the first 5 games, and parky will be sipping aloy of evian very nervously...
  • Options
    It is a disgrace that any manager, with his record of underachievement, and resounding lack of confidence from the paying customers, can be foisted upon supporters for a new season.

How many sitting on the fence on renewing season tickets are staying away as long as the present management is in-charge?

How many renewed, and would renew, no matter who was in-charge?

I can't comment on the financial implications, but the "RESULTS" on the pitch are clear to everyone and anyone OUTSIDE OF OUR OWN BOARD!
    Amazing. :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Agree. The OS says Phil Parkinsons side ! That pretty clear imho.

I suppose the OS has to play ball and refer to them as his side, because until we're officially told any different, they, like us, have to assume he's still at the helm
  • Options
    Everyone is moaning about having parky as manager but the board aren't stupid they can see he is not good enough but it has to fall down to finances. Would we rather have some money by keeping parky and hope he leads us back up in a league he knows well or get rid of the little money we have in appointing a new manager and if that fails we could be in even more serious financial trouble.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]Everyone is moaning about having parky as manager but the board aren't stupid they can see he is not good enough but it has to fall down to finances. Would we rather have some money by keeping parky and hope he leads us back up in a league he knows well or get rid of the little money we have in appointing a new manager and if that fails we could be in even more serious financial trouble.

presisly why the board is stupid, they said in jan after not managing to win one game from 8 in charge that they had little choice than either a) keep pardky and spend the little money they had for him to waste on usless piles of shite or b) to keep the squad we had and spend the little money they had for a new manager.

so now we are in the same situation but in the 3rd division, and you believe they are not stupid for even contemplating keeping him in this situation? he should have been given his marching orders after the norwich game or probably as soon as we were down.