Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 5 songs of ... That Petrol Emotion

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
An underrated band if ever there was one .... so much so I might be the only fan here (hopefully stonemuse will help me out!) .... and genuinely hard to narrow down to 5 songs

1. Inside
2. Creeping To The Cross
3. Big Decision (extended)
4. Sweet Shiver Burn
5. Cellophane

Comments

• Options
    hey venus is all know.

will look them on Spotify
  • Options
    They weren't very good were they?
  • Options
    Big Decision was / is a fantastic tune. I still listen to it often.
    I loved some of TPEM members previous incarnation -The Undertones too.
  • Options
    I'd go for

1. Big Decision
    2. Sensitize
    3. Sweet Shiver Burn
    4. Cellophane
    5. Creeping to the Cross
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]hey venus is all know.

will look them on Spotify
    these threads are great for spotification! The Bowie one last year was particularly useful to me to listen to stuff not from Hunky Dory/Ziggy :-)
  • Options
    Are they are new band because there was a band around with a similar/same name back in the late 90's? A couple of them were from Northern Ireland?
  • Options
    I've just checked out their website and they are the band from Northern Ireland. A couple of the lads John and Raymond I think worked for me in the mid-90's. I also remember them being on tv during that time. I'm pleased they stuck with their music and now receiving some well earned success. Well done lads!
  • Options
    Who?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Solid - they split up in 93 I think and reformed last year and are about to tour now - they were always fantastic live and have been lauded as indie pioneers but they never really had much commercial success ...

... indeed they were in the Guinness Book of Records as “the most spectacularly unsuccessful band ever” by virtue of charting the most top 75 singles without ever getting one in the Top 40!

They're playing the Bloomsbury Ballroom next Friday if you want to catch up with them

http://www.nme.com/tickets/artist/that-petrol-emotion
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]hey venus is all know
    which gets them a metion in the tennis coverage today!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/jun/30/wimbledon-2009-day-eight-live