Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Saturday's win....

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
was the first by a Charlton manager other than Curbishley since we beat newcastle 1-0 at Selhurst thanks to a Peakie Rocket.

| remember being behind the goal chanting 'Lennie Lawrence's red n white army' for about 40 minutes of the 2nd half. Mind you, there was only about 30 of us !!

Remember the game very clearly, who else was there that day ?

Does anyone know what the attendance was ?

Comments

• Yes I was there, I am actually ashamed to admit I was a more 'loyal' supporter during the Selhurst years as went home & away religiously. Now I am a proper S/T 'Homer' with the odd specially selected awayday. Cannot remember the actual crowd exactly but if it was Newcastle then would have been at least 6,000 or so.
  • you were there Ketman, that's all that matters !

Everyone else on here must be a Johnny Come Lately !!!
  • I was one of the 7,234 fans there that day. Don't remember Peake's goal at all. He's now a police officer.
  • PC Rocket ?

Well i never. Could imagine any ex-footballer becoming a copper.
  • But his rocket took a wicked deflection ....

I was in the Arthur Waite ...
  • never a deflection,the sweetest strike you will ever see!
  • I cant remeber it?? who was in the Newcastle side? was there that weird brazilian who used to shoot for miles out..... if it was at home and not a night game I would have been there..... only night games I was alright to go to was Charlton v Port Vale when Shirltiff stole the show and Chelsea when Morts amost broke the bar against Durie et al............
  • Merandinia?
  • edited September 2006
    we've got mirandinha
    he's not from argentina
    he's from brazil
    he's forking brill
  • I can't remember Mirandihna that season which must of been 1991 - I was definately there though.

Wasn't Steve Howey sent off near the end for upending Darren Pitcher?
  • Sponsored links:

• thats the guy........

Mirandinhia or something..........