Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Urgently seeking Valley Party footage/images

Hi Everybody,
Believe it or not the Valley Party has provided the inspiration for Czechs to take on the establishment politicians who - and this may sound familiar - have arbitrarily changed their minds for their own narrow purposes, and withdrawn planning permission for a much admired futuristic design for a National Library (the architect is the one who did the Lords press box and the Selfridges Birmingham building)
I want to tell the story of the VP in Czech on a website, but I would really love to have the following, and (perhaps surprisingly) do not have:
1. Good quality digital images of the VP posters
2. The full 11 minutes of the "Thames Reports" programme that ran 2 days before the election.

Does anyone perhaps have either? I do know that some of the Thames footage is contained on the Centenary DVD, but the full programme was designed specifically for a non-football audience and would be preferable if I can get it. I have of course asked Rick E. but as of this moment he hasn't been able to locate anything - and the Czech party went live last night.

If anybody can help with this please let me know. It would be nice to use it as an inspiration for others, 20 years on.

Thanks!

Richard Hunt

Comments

• Options
    sorry Rich i was a keen and avid follower but too young to get involved well me mum wouldnt let me good luck in trying to retreive it
  • Options
    Richard
    I have the full Thames report on tape that i can copy onto dvd if you require help.Would have to send it by post.
    Is this any good to you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Richard
    I have the full Thames report on tape that i can copy onto dvd if you require help.Would have to send it by post.
    Is this any good to you

It is absolutely wonderful and exactly what I was hoping for! Thanks a lot. ! I'll be in touch privately.

Richard
  • Options
    Ah, the days of being a politian!
    We should start another campain - The Honest Party.
    With no trough snouting Jocks.
  • Options
    WHAT YOU SAYIN' ??
    That "our" MP's are less than honest ??
  • Options
    No, I think I have a problem with the Jocks.
    RBS, BoS, Scottish Power etc (ps married to a Jock. shhh)
  • Options
    I've got a newspaper cutting of the VP celebrating victory at the WoolwichTown Hall somewhere....

I'll see if I can dig it out...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]No, I think I have a problem with the Jocks.
    RBS, BoS, Scottish Power etc (ps married to a Jock. shhh)

lol dude
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanks to Lewis Coaches, for sending me the DVD, the Thames Reports piece is now up on vimeo. You may be interested to see how much certain forum members have changed in the last 20 years. If you're asked for a password try CAFC1990.
  • Options
    Wow! A different age of television as well... there's no way such a story would get 10 minutes anywhere now.

Thanks Lewis Coaches and Ali.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]there's no way such a story would get 10 minutes anywhere now.

Why not?
  • Options
    awesome footage - great work aliwibble

who was the Doris in the green jumper claiming she'd been threatened at the first council meeting - reckon she still lives in Floyd Rd?
  • Options
    no i reckon she doesnt kinveachy!
  • Options
    that was great footage takes me right back is there any of the results from the elections
  • Options
    Results from elections appear in Rick Everitt book Battle for the Valley or v.o.t.v. numer20 i think. If a certain Mr Moore is a member of this site he could help also.
    Good old days when we all pulled together the early 90,s as for Ricks book its a must read ,if you want to know you history.
  • Options
    Great Stuff.

I spotted Prague Addick, Airman Brown and Algarve Addick plus a very young Steve Reader.
  • Options
    I'm sure I've still got the 14838 said yes T-shirt. No chance of it fitting me now. Will see what I can find at the weekend in the loft.

Once wore it when out in Portsmouth and ended up pulling a sociology student who was studying football tribalism. That was a good weekend ;-)
  • Options
    Henry Irving
    Off the top of my head some of the fans who contested the local elections for The Valley Party.
    Mark Mansfield R T M Radio
    Shaun Edwards who went around the 92 grounds in a car one summer.
    Les Turner who always had a radio to his ear,travelled on Lewis Coaches.
    Alex Hayes anyone know who he is ?

Paul Ellis from the shop
    Richard Grove The Man in Black.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]
    Alex Hayes anyone know who he is ?

Danny Hayes' brother.

They have another brother who gave out a few leaflets and stuff during the election but I don't know where he is now : - )
  • Options
    Brilliant Ali, loved watching that.