Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Interesting news...

...Hudson has been sold to Cardiff, Llera has signed but the one that surprises me is that Dean Gerkin has also signed. He's the goalkeeper from Colchester.

This news hasn't been announced yet as the club is going through the due diligence process. Once this is complete and hopefully successful (!) then the news will break.

Please don't ask me how i know this. I can only assure you this was not from anyone from within the club nor was it someone who is part of the takeover.

Believe it or don't believe it...i'm not here to spread idle gossip. I just wanted to get some information that i heard onto the forum.

When this news breaks i'll be the first back on here saying "told you so!".

Keep smiling.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Not sure why this news has any bearing on due diligence tbh. Until any deal is done its surely bussiness as usual for Charlton ? In any case surely Cardiff would want to make announcement about Hudson and why care about Charltons due diligence ?
  • Options
    Don't need Gerkin. Elliott is more than capable for League One
  • Options
    I agree entirely BRE but i can only assume there is no faith in Randolf. He's either off or will sign and be loaned out. Can't make much sense in either though.

I sincerely hope Elliott will be Number 1.
  • Options
    Great.. more speculation. When will this hell be over! Will something actually happen FFS!
  • Options
    not soon
  • Options
    I hope the Gerken rumour is not true, he was good for colchester when they were in championship- he got plenty of practise though but in league 1 he got dropped and they signed jimmy walker on loan from west ham. gerken was loaned to a league 2 side last year (darlington i think), he is decent but we have elliot who i thought looked more than capable in the championship, randolph makes too any errors judging by his performances for bury and hereford but would still be ok as number 2
    would be bad if elliot does not start as number 1 this season- struggle to think what he did wrong last year
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bolderhumphreyreid[/cite]I agree entirely BRE but i can only assume there is no faith in Randolf. He's either off or will sign and be loaned out. Can't make much sense in either though.

I sincerely hope Elliott will be Number 1.

Likewise.

As you say perhaps Gandalf wants to move on. That bird of his who is supposed to be a celebrity (don't know her name) probably doesn't want to be seen out with a third division reserve!
  • Options
    I bet its all a load of b*******
  • Options
    As i said Mr Prior believe it or don't believe it. I'm not losing too much sleep over it.

Well i say that but i've been dreaming of this bleeding takeover to come true...i hope we're not let down when we hear who's taken us over. They might be bad for the club but then again they could be the saviour!

Just read on the BBC website that an extremely, extremely rich Arab has just taken over an un-named Premier League club. I sincerely hope they meant an ex Premier League club!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bolderhumphreyreid[/cite]As i said Mr Prior believe it or don't believe it. I'm not losing too much sleep over it.

Well i say that but i've been dreaming of this bleeding takeover to come true...i hope we're not let down when we hear who's taken us over. They might be bad for the club but then again they could be the saviour!

Just read on the BBC website that an extremely, extremely rich Arab has just taken over an un-named Premier League club. I sincerely hope they meant an ex Premier League club!

Surely the due dilligence statement, came from inside the club or the potential buyers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bolderhumphreyreid[/cite]...Hudson has been sold to Cardiff, Llera has signed but the one that surprises me is that Dean Gerkin has also signed. He's the goalkeeper from Colchester.

This news hasn't been announced yet as the club is going through the due diligence process. Once this is complete and hopefully successful (!) then the news will break.

Please don't ask me how i know this. I can only assure you this was not from anyone from within the club nor was it someone who is part of the takeover.

Believe it or don't believe it...i'm not here to spread idle gossip. I just wanted to get some information that i heard onto the forum.

When this news breaks i'll be the first back on here saying "told you so!".

Keep smiling.

Well I believe you because :-

A) I heard ages ago we wanted to sell Hudson to Cardiff and they wanted him, as they were selling their centre half Roger Johnson to a Prem team.

B) I heard we had signed Llera.

C) We tried to sign Gerkin a year or two ago.

D) I have always believed we were undergoing due dilligence, which is why we are waiting for the ok and the takeover to be signed and announced.
  • Options
    Robbie Elliott was one of the very few good things about last season, I can't believe they even want to take that away from us!
  • Options
    Would have thought it more important to offload Hudson before due diligence. Second highest wage, and thus getting it off would be making the club more attractive....... unless they have money then keeping one of the only effective players would be crucial.... although he should be easily replaced but our manager's record there......

Still whatever I hope he does go as long as we replace him with a player like Chris Coyne rather than Dean Gerken coming in.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Robbie Elliott was one of the very few good things about last season, I can't believe they even want to take that away from us!

As others have said, if true I reckon Gerkin would be the No2 and Randolph would go, either on loan or permanently.

Oh and of course Randolph's contract expires on 30th June, so maybe he hasn't agreed a new one.
  • Options
    I believe all of it. It's fairly common knowledge that Cardiff want Hudson to replace Johnson who is interesting a number of PL clubs. Cardiff are probably just as happy it stays under wraps until they have got the deal for Johnson done and dusted. As for Gerkin we need experienced back-up for Elliott, Randolph if he signs will be loaned out for the season to gain more experience, let's not forget keepers peak much later than other players so he really has got time on his side. Llera signing would hardly be a surprise. The only bit that doesn't ring too true is why is all this dependant on DD.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Would have thought it more important to offload Hudson before due diligence. Second highest wage, and thus getting it off would be making the club more attractive....... unless they have money then keeping one of the only effective players would be crucial.... although he should be easily replaced but our manager's record there......

Still whatever I hope he does go as long as we replace him with a player like Chris Coyne rather than Dean Gerken coming in.

So you're saying we should not let any takeover proceed until we have sold Hudson. Blimey we could have been waiting years for that to happen. "No we don't want to take your £30M until we have sold Hudson first". LOL
  • Options
    Suspect we might end up paying some of Hudsons wages if he goes to Cardiff or elsewhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]Suspect we might end up paying some of Hudsons wages if he goes to Cardiff or elsewhere.

Cardiff will be buying him, not a loan, reckon around 750k.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]Suspect we might end up paying some of Hudsons wages if he goes to Cardiff or elsewhere.[/quote]

Why? Are we paying him OTT?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]Suspect we might end up paying some of Hudsons wages if he goes to Cardiff or elsewhere.

Why? Are we paying him OTT?

well, 12k pw allegedly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Word is that Hudsons on fairly big money, also it's not unknown for the selling club to be paying wages after a permanent deal. I think Leeds were still paying part of Fowler and Keane's wages a good few years after they left. I'm pretty sure Newcastle were chipping in to John Barnes' when he was with us.
  • Options
    Just browsed the internet and found this link......

Is this proof something going on "from a business weblink"

Interesting
  • Options
    http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=881937
  • Options
    What link, Rudders 22 ? Am I missing something here ?

Regarding Llera, unless I'm going insane (?) I THOUGHT I posted on here last week about the estate agent ringing the friend of a friend asking whether he'd consider renting out his house for a year as Charlton wanted a property for a Spanish player they were buying.....and the conclusion from most on here was that said player was Llera...So I do believe that part of Bolderhumphreyreid's post.

Attended the Junior Reds' Presentation afternoon in the Millenium Suite today where BDL was announcing the winners etc in his usual, professional manner. Keith Peacock was also there for 2 of the 3 sessions ( different age groups) and someone who knew someone living next door to Grant Basey had asked the player if he'd come along for the final one. Apparently, no-one expected Base to turn up but indeed he did. A couple of us had a word with him during the break and he was asked about returning to training this week & who he expected to be managing the team(as you do ! ) He said that as he'd heard nothing to the contrary, he expected it to still be Parky . We also mentioned that some of last season's colleagues might be missing & he agreed , saying he knew Nicky Weaver ( with whom Base is particularly friendly) had been leaving since Xmas. Not much else to report there , nor from Keith although as at the Joyden's Wood Fun Day , he seemed to indicate there'd be some news this coming week....
  • Options
    Thanks, Rudders
  • Options
    Hello Fanny.. I hope the link thingy worked this time....

I don't know how I came across this website but there you go...

I had actually given up there was any takeover talks at all. However, the fact that this was in business news and dated 21st June.... The worrying thing is that according to that website.. it is dated at 25/4/09 I think.. That means these talks must have been ongoing since then......

Is it a possibility that these same wealthy people have had talks since then..... Curbs was with Muray at Doncaster home game.. pure co-incidence or was it due to these talks and ongoing plans..... ?

The rumours going round are that part of the talks was to include Curbs as new manager (although it looks like parky is now going to remain).

Why has it taken so long.. could the price of the club be a stickler.. "not forgetting the price would go down from a Championship team to a league one team? Maybe some of the directors were going to lose out?"

Like everyone else its frustrating but unlike other clubs whos hands are forced to sell as they have gone into administration we don't have to panic....

We can take our time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bolderhumphreyreid[/cite]

Probably bulls**t then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]I had actually given up there was any takeover talks at all. However, the fact that this was in business news and dated 21st June.... The worrying thing is that according to that website.. it is dated at 25/4/09 I think.. That means these talks must have been ongoing since then......

21st June looks more like a date for the website as a whole, or maybe a section. Don't think it means anything. Check this time tomorrow, may well say 22nd June, day after that 23rd etc.

As for Llera, Parkinson himself has confirmed we are interested in him.

That's not a surprise about Weaver, was always likely he was going once Elliot had played a fair few games and was clearly not going to be dropped for Weaver. With Randolph on the bench most of the time it was obvious.

Just hope if there are takeover talks going on, it'll go through soon and we'll hear some news. Would imagine a takeover would make the club appeal more to new signings and players considering leaving. Will be seen as a new beginning, an exciting future.
  • Options
    Yes, the link did work, Rudders, but just looks like old news to me ( not that I'm an expert ! ) Wasn't this around the time that The Sun had a paragraph stating basically the same "news"?

The "takeover" been discussed on here ad nauseum over the past few months with people quoting sightings of PV around the Valley on non match days etc etc. & as I stated in response to AKFA's most recent article, for me, no news is good news ...although before long , no news will be incredibly worrying ! As a shareholder ( albeit on a very minor basis) I keep looking for that letter to drop onto the mat, requesting my presence at a meeting to vote on the relevant proposals ...

Like yourself, I'm not fretting too much -yet. I have my season tkt & will keep the faith whatever, but I know there are loads of people waiting for definite news before making that final decision to renew. For them, and the Club in general , something positive needs to happen ASAP.

Keep believing, mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Robbie Elliott was one of the very few good things about last season, I can't believe they even want to take that away from us!

As others have said, if true I reckon Gerkin would be the No2 and Randolph would go, either on loan or permanently.

Oh and of course Randolph's contract expires on 30th June, so maybe he hasn't agreed a new one.

Randolph has always been considered a better prospect that Elliott, who did himself no descredit playing in a relegated team.
    Charlton should keep both, unless Randolph wants to go after his contract expires.
    It would be more bad business if the better keeper is allowed to go.