Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tevez on his way

Sky are annoucing Tevez is on his way out of Utd. Quite frankly I hope it is out of the premiership all together. I've hated him since the whole West Ham thing.

Comments

• the dodgy contracts/ownership were nothing to do with him. It was the clubs and agents who cooked all that up and FA that let it happen.

Strange choice to leave Man U after such success but is it his or his agents/owners choice?
  • Losing him and Ronaldo will hit Man Utd hard I think. Liverpool for Prem title next season I rekon.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Losing him and Ronaldo will hit Man Utd hard I think. Liverpool for Prem title next season I rekon.

Well, that's brought a huge wedge of cash to United, and freed up 2 mega salary contracts.

United will now go shopping, and they'll know already who they want.
    And they have cash to burn.
  • good player but not sure he's worth 25.5 million though
  • It does give Chelsea,Liverpool and Man City more of a chance next season, although I fear for Liverpoolas they are well in hock and may struggle to hold onto Alonso and not be able to build the depth that they need. the were relatively lucky with the injuries they had to gerrard and torres last season
  • If Parky does not at least make an enquiry then I may start demanding him to leave the club.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If Parky does not at least make an enquiry then I may start demanding him to leave the club.

Sticking your neck out there mate, don't think you'd get much support for such an extreme and unpopular view IMHO
  • Bet 99% of United fans would rather see Berbatov go than Tevez but with the money their tranfers will generate they can rebuild their squad with ease...
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If Parky does not at least make an enquiry then I may start demanding him to leave the club.

Sticking your neck out there mate, don't think you'd get much support for such an extreme and unpopular view IMHO

Exactly, would be just another Faye, M.Bent, Hasselwank or Traore IMHO.
  • i really like tevez. when we spanked wet spam 4-2 he was all about the place, i remember a tackle out in their right back position. he works very hard even when the rest of the team isn't.

I hope he stays in the preimership but away from chelski or city. if someone like villa, everton or fulham broke the bank to sign him that'd be class. can't see it happening though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't we spank them 4-0?

I like that Tevez is saying he wouldn't consider Liverpool because of the rivalry between the clubs but is thinking of going to Man City - he clearly doesn't get it.

If you were a Man City Fan you would be somewhat insulted?
  • Tevez works hard, has talent - but for a player who plays for Man Utd, he just doesn't score enough goals. Rooney works hard and scores goals. Berbatov, if he just didn't look SO lazy and had scored a few more and Man Utd fans wouldn't be moaning.

However, Man Utd won't replace a player who has scored 69 goals in 2 seasons (Ronaldo) and that's why Chelsea or Liverpool will win the title next year.
  • Thats what everyone thought in 1995 and they went on to win the double.

They may not have the talent ready to step in this time

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/2437947/Paper-View-Football-news-rumours-headlines.html
  • Obviously United will be weakened by losing Tevez and Ronaldo but in doing so it's likely to mean Rooney playing down the middle where he prefers and where he's done well for England this season. Also if they can get Benzema and Valencia then they'll still be up there challenging.
    Chelsea have a new manager and a new style of play to get used to. Liverpool are likely to lose one (or possibly both) of Mascherano and Alonso. I certainly wouldn't bet against United winning it again.
  • [cite]Posted By: olster[/cite]i really like tevez. when we spanked wet spam 4-2 he was all about the place, i remember a tackle out in their right back position. he works very hard even when the rest of the team isn't.

I hope he stays in the preimership but away from chelski or city. if someone like villa, everton or fulham broke the bank to sign him that'd be class. can't see it happening though.

To be fair I remember that 4-0 Shafting of the spamsters and Tevez was the only one of their players to work his arse of for the full 90 minutes, he was magnificent despite their lost cause.(Pity our boys couldn't have played like they did that day for the remainder of the season!)
  • Benzema might not be available this year
  • [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]Benzema might not be available this year

Eczema will sign for them, if he's guaranteed a spot ......... though maybe a rash signing.
  • you would have thought he was dead the way SSN reacted yesterday..

SNF15BIZG-280_531019a.jpg
  • Re Benzema

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/5596430/Karim-Benzema-in-no-hurry-to-quit-Lyon-for-Manchester-United.html

• The usual posturing, when Man U offer a couple more million he'll be on his way.