Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rohan Ricketts

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Just been released by Toronto FC - good player, creative midfielder who can score goals - would probably want to come back to the UK (he's from Clapham). Wonder if anyone at the club is aware f his release or even looking for players.........

Would do a job for us at our new found level

Comments

• Options
    would cost us too much to put better locks on the dressing room lockers allegedly
  • Options
    Last season he was popular with fans and looked to be with teammates as well. I thought he looked to be real quality and can't figure out how he's fallen so far out of favour. MLS personnel moves continue to puzzle me. I'd say that this is a good shout by Oakster ..he's probably worth a trial, at least.
  • Options
    Interesting Can. Is this the guy that was at Spurs? If so, I was surprised when they let him go. Then I thought he did OK with Wolves and they let him go. Maybe a pattern.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]would cost us too much to put better locks on the dressing room lockers allegedly

lol. maybe ricketts is a good player but not the type of character we want. fans have said that they wish we still signed 'charlton-type players' like curbs used to.
  • Options
    Saw him play a coupleo f weeks ago when he came on for 25 minutes for Toronto against Vancouver - He was poor to be honest but maybe he's just on a dip right now.
  • Options
    Sounds the perfect player for us then vc!

We are on a right old 'dip'!!!

Next we'll be trying to bring Stan Collymore, Mark Bosnich and Paul Merson out of retirement!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Sounds the perfect player for us then vc!

We are on a right old 'dip'!!!

Next we'll be trying to bring Stan Collymore, Mark Bosnich and Paul Merson out of retirement!

lol - don't forget Gazza and David Icke Falconwood ;o)
  • Options
    I must be out of the loop - what did RR alledgedly do?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I must be out of the loop - what did RR alledgedly do?

Nothing Oakster - I think Falconwood was just making comment on our plight. Although apparently he's been using Twitter to air his grievances with TFC which I think is pretty funny, especially as TFC fans are calling it "Twittergate", what a bunch of mugs ;o)
  • Options
    My interest was piqued (sic?) by your post VA...I had a look at his Twitter page, and frankly was surprised about how positive it was, even in postings post-release and post-Impact drubbing!

And this mug isn't paying $175 to see Real Madrid...may live to regret it, but I doubt it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]My interest was piqued (sic?) by your post VA...I had a look at his Twitter page, and frankly was surprised about how positive it was, even in postings post-release and post-Impact drubbing!

And this mug isn't paying $175 to see Real Madrid...may live to regret it, but I doubt it.

LOL Can - I'm just bitter because Montreal were a disgrace last night and let TFC take the championship from Vancouver. Fair play to TFC and actually I'm in town for the NY Redbulls game so may possibly try to get a ticket - Any ideas as I think it's sold out?
  • Options
    Just whispered you...
  • Options
    More twitter news. Evidently Mr. Ricketts has just signed with something called Diósgyőri VTK, apparently of Hungary's 1st div.