Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Gray....

edited June 2009 in Rumours
...rumoured to be in talks with Palace

Comments

• Options
    jeesus you are a bearer of bad news today buddy
  • Options
    With the right service he's a good Championship striker. Unfortunately I think he'd be a very good signing for Palace, and we're unlikely to get anywhere near the £1.5m we paid for him.
  • Options
    500k nailed on
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]With the right service he's a good Championship striker. Unfortunately I think he'd be a very good signing for Palace, and we're unlikely to get anywhere near the £1.5m we paid for him.
    2nd'd

I've also set the stopwatch before this is now on the gossip pages on newsnow!!
  • Options
    Hope so! it could be pay back time for the dross we had come our wy from them lastseason.
  • Options
    Like others I would be worried that he would be a good signing for Palace, with him and Sears upfront they could be danserous next year. The right service and he is a decent player. That said he will be on big wages and would command a fee so if selling him meant keeping Shelvey/Bailey/Racon then so be it.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Worth keeping if we use him right and he can find his best form. Won't be surprised if he goes though, one of the players on bigger wages and we can get a decent fee (even if it's only £500k) for him.
  • Options
    Good, then Agent Gray and Agent Ambrose could help takedown Palace!
  • Options
    Let's just hope they bring Pardew in after a crap start to the season and we could be laughing.
  • Options
    Good player, decent bloke but he has been a nightmare signing for us, it just hasn't happened for him here.

Don't care if he goes to Palace they can sign who they like (apart from Bailey, Racon, ZZ or Shelvey) because we don't have any decent players left to lose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anything more than £750k would be good business for us.

I feel for him & his family, but for football reasons alone the guy just isn't good enough & certainly not what we need this coming season.
  • Options
    If I had a list of players who I wouldn't mind moving on, he would be at the top.
  • Options
    Personally, I would be sorry to see him go. I don't think we played to his strengths
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Like others I would be worried that he would be a good signing for Palace, with him and Sears upfront they could be danserous next year. The right service and he is a decent player. That said he will be on big wages and would command a fee so if selling him meant keeping Shelvey/Bailey/Racon then so be it.

I'm with you on that.
  • Options
    With the best will in the world...

1) Gray is 31

2) He has had some family problems which haven't gone away

3) He had a poor last season in The Championship

4) Palace would have to at least match his wages as well as pay us a fee

5) Palace are skint, about to go into administration and may not even be in a position to take Ambrose
  • Options
    we are palaces feeder club again ... they picked off johnny h and willo b4 and morts via villa.......
    oh well at least we're not in the horrible money driven premiership and we can win some games in the championship/league one/league two/johnnys painting competition or whatever shit we're in
  • Options
    shame if it happens
  • Options
    I heard this rumour was nailed on when Ambrose left, so it's persistent at least. Anyway, given his age, our inability to play to his strengths, likely salary and issues settling with us I don't think it would be bad business.

I did think the personal issue that kept him away from training was fixed though, not that it should have a bearing on the keep/sell decision.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Isn't it, as proved with his time at Sunderland and Burnley, Gray's inability to play unless some other poor sod run's his socks off for him making chances. Robbie Blake did it for him at Burnley no one did it for him at Charlton or Sunderland. I'd be quite happy for him to go and we replace him with a mobile lummax, who takes ten bells of shit kicking and occupies the two center halves. Rather than Gray who wallows around with less presence than Thomas on a beano to Portsmouth.
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam can defintely give Gray the right service from one wing. Gray needs a bit more confidence in his penalty box play....not too many touches, just get the shots off...and he'll be fine. Hopefully he will be fit in time for the start of the season and I'd have no problem if he and Burton started the season with Dickson and McLeod as back-up. But if we have to sell, we have to sell. Get a centre-half in to give us three options, sort out a 2nd keeper, try to keep the sales of midfielders down to a minimum and we'll be an ok team. There's goals in Shelvey, Bailey, Gray, Burton, Racon, Sam, Spring, Dickson, McLeod (Just got to keep a few out at the other end!) If we sell, then it's a totally different story.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately there's no goals in Sam and as much as I like Sam his crossing, when he does it, isn't really suited to Gray.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]With the best will in the world...

5) Palace are skint, about to go into administration and may not even be in a position to take Ambrose

how so?
  • Options
    brilliant! lets hope he goes!
  • Options
    easily our worst player last season
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Can't say I am saddened - staggered we paid what we did for a guy with a touch like a Sunday league player
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

how so?

Don't pay HMRC then the FL will put an automatic transfer embargo on you.

Jordan has The Inland Revenue as one of his major creditors.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]

how so?

Is that Jordan or CPFC?

Heard "telestar" getting a poor review on radio 4. Hope it doesn't lose too much money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]

how so?

Interesting! Would that include Bosman signings too?
  • Options
    no great loss, hope wherever he goes that whatever went on off the field is sorted out.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The Inland Revenue is owed more than few bob by CPFC. There are still a couple of outstanding CCJS against CPFC as well. Can't wait for the mortgage on the Jumbotron to be called in :-)

Bosmans, Loans, Free Transfers and players going out as well as in are affected by the embargo.