Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC games in Ireland on 12th and 15th July

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
On the 12th we're playing in Wexford and the 15th we're playing Bray Wanderers.

This is on OS so its not just me speculating.

Comments

• sorted by our new Irish manager I assume. Good news though, may try and make a small trip out there.
  • you are kidding me??
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]sorted by our new Irish manager I assume. Good news though, may try and make a small trip out there.

I'm not one for rumours but i know an ex manager of ours who really wanted to go on another pre season trip there after having such a great time on a past trip.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]you are kidding me??

no, it's on the OS
  • Curbishley? might have had a good laugh but I thought he said he woudlnt go back and do an ireland pre season because we got relegated the last time we went there. And he's very superstitious.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Curbishley? might have had a good laugh but I thought he said he woudlnt go back and do an ireland pre season because we got relegated the last time we went there. And he's very superstitious.

Probably just a coincidence with these fixtures but he said to me that he was keen to go back.
  • Brays a nice pleasant place. Loads of Charlton there last time.

Probably playing midweek so we can get cheap RyanAir flights on the Sunday :o(((((((((((((((((

*weeps*
  • Not saying a word in fear of childish name calling ;-)
  • Colchester always did Ireland pre-season under Parky plus Kinsella is Irish.

Actually I just made that up. Kinsella is Welsh.
  • edited June 2009
    How about this for a conspiracy theory.Sunderland have done pre-season tours in Ireland for the last three years.A time when they were owned by the Irish "Drumaville consortium" who i also believe have been mentioned in certain quarters as possible suitors for us now they've got out of wearside. ;-o
  • Sponsored links:

• fly Aer Lingus to Dublin on the Sunday returning the following Thursday is £75 return.
  • Sadly i can't afford it this time round having been on the previous two trips which proved eventful to say the least.
    Missing most of the St Patricks game when we got the two worst cab drivers in Dublin who drove us everywhere but Inchicore where we wanted to go.

And as for the second year..just ask Mr Rock Spectacle about the Bray Head Inn Hotel!
  • Cheaper for 4 of you to go in a car surely than 75 quid each.

fekking late notice this.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Cheaper for 4 of you to go in a car surely than 75 quid each.

fekking late notice this.

yeah but that crossing ? As you say late notice, might have to do a few hours searching the net tonite.
  • It's better in Belfast on the 12th July!!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]It's better in Belfast on the 12th July!!![/quote]
    Prat ;-)
  • edited June 2009
    Aer Arann fly into Waterford for the Wexford game.

Waterford is a much nicer city than Wexford anyway.

edit - just had a look £70 return Aer Arann
  • edited June 2009
    [/quote]Prat ;-)[/quote]

Is it necessary to resort to name calling?
  • Better off going to Dublin for the night and catching the train down to Bray.

I thought Wexford played GAA games.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite][/quote]Prat ;-)[/quote]

Is it necessary to resort to name calling?[/quote]

yeah but no but yeah but
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2009
    I'm so O'Ffended!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]I'm so O'Ffended![/quote]

D

You are totally correct and I must whole heartedly apologise for my childish and simply pathetic name calling just because you mentioned something I do not like

Please accept my apologies anyway I’m off to peel some potatoes for dinner
  • Me too, I'm famished
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Colchester always did Ireland pre-season under Parky plus Kinsella is Irish.

Actually I just made that up. Kinsella is Welsh.

Really ?
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]It's better in Belfast on the 12th July!!!
    Prat ;-)

Why ?

.No don't bother, looking at your pic I think its best not to ask............
  • PS. I don't understand/don't want to understand why you have a badge like that as your pic:
    Also don't want to know why theres "Glasgow" Rangers & "Glasgow" Celtic people on here "supporting their cause(s)".
    Think I'll stay stupid & nieve.................
  • Just booked 2 return flights with Ryan Air going out on Tuesday 14th July and coming back on Thursday 16th. Cost of flight £0.00 taxes and other charges £63
  • edited June 2009
    Same here.
    Game on.
  • who going with robbo ?
    ireland... such a beautiful country and to be able to watch your favourite team while sinking some lovely guiness. god - absolute heaven on earth.
  • edited June 2009
    Sounds good. Do they still let you drink while you're watching the game there then? I remember going to Limerick City a few years ago and I stayed in the supporters club bar whilst the match was going on singing Kinks songs to the locals and occasionally glancing at the footy, a terrific day....It was my turn to drive us all back but I was pissed!
  • Mr Walsh. Trying to get a few more. Seems to be quite an interest, especially at £30 return.