Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alternative names for football grounds

Newcastle fans used to call Sunderland's old ground Joker Park, and were sad when it was going to be knocked down, until they worked out that they were going to be playing at the Stadium of Sh*te.

I discoverd at the weekend that next season Charlton will be visiting the Moo Camp - home of MK Dons...becuase of Milton Keynes' concrete cows. Genius!

Comments

• Options
    Didn't Welling United fans once call their ground the San Siro because you could see a Fiat dealership from one of the stands?
  • Options
    The Toolbox - Full of Spanners

The Rusty Toolbox - See above plus rusty spars on roof

Man Utd fans call the City ground the Council House as it's owned by the coorporation
  • Options
    I don't get it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]

I don't get it?

The spars/beams that hold up the roof are rusted. Spanners say pre-rusted to prevent decay but who believes what they say.

Have a look next time you go past on the train
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Didn't Welling United fans once call their ground the San Siro because you could see a Fiat dealership from one of the stands?

It was indeed called the San Siro because the actual dealership was called the San Siro ...
  • Options
    Posted By: Valley_floyd_redDidn't Welling United fans once call their ground the San Siro because you could see a Fiat dealership from one of the stands?

It was indeed called the San Siro because the actual dealership was called the San Siro ...
    Cracking. I do have a soft spot for Welling United.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Man Utd fans call the City ground the Council House as it's owned by the coorporation
    They also call it the COMedy Store, from City Of Manchester Stadium
  • Options
    A chant for Welling then "Its just like watching Milan"
  • Options
    Posted By: Henry IrvingMan Utd fans call the City ground the Council House as it's owned by the coorporation

They also call it the COMedy Store, from City Of Manchester Stadium
    Funny, most football fans have an alternative name for Manchester United supporters.. I shan't repeat it here.