Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club shop

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
Just been on the shop website to see about getting something for my boy for when we go on holiday. Got him an away shirt for a fiver - bargain! - but I was stuck by just how low on stock they seemed to be on just about everything. For example, the only home shirt they had was 5XL - which obviously means I'm ok but I feel sorry for you skinny bastards!

I suppose they are as up in the air as everything else at the moment. Sad really.

Comments

• Options
    I wish they brought back the old che guevara Killer t shirt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Just been on the shop website to see about getting something for my boy for when we go on holiday. Got him an away shirt for a fiver - bargain! - but I was stuck by just how low on stock they seemed to be on just about everything. For example, the only home shirt they had was 5XL - which obviously means I'm ok but I feel sorry for you skinny bastards!

I suppose they are as up in the air as everything else at the moment. Sad really.
    same as last year final clearance everything else with cabrini on has been sold
  • Options
    I would have thought it's good having sold out all the old stock, not sad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I would have thought it's good having sold out all the old stock, not sad.

Er ........ not if the old stock hasn't been replaced and you're trying to buy something it isn't! Can you imagine going into somewhere like Marks & Sparks and them having f all on the shelves?
  • Options
    But they can't have the new shirts on sale if they haven't got them yet and I think they are looking for a sponsor aren't they before they go on sale, as it is unlikely Cabrini will continue?
  • Options
    Carbrini is the thread of choice at the moment for the meth heads in Luton arches
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]But they can't have the new shirts on sale if they haven't got them yet and I think they are looking for a sponsor aren't they before they go on sale, as it is unlikely Cabrini will continue?

Mate, I'm not just talking about replica shirts. Training gear, t-shirts, the lot - all in very few sizes. Have a look for yourself. I wasn't having a dig either, just speculating that it's probably because of the recent upheval and is all a bit sad really, that's all.
  • Options
    TBF we haven't got anything to sell for next season.

Waggott has said Cabrini are unlikely to renew meaning new sponsors and kits. They won't order anymore Cabrini shirts in if they aren't going to be used next season.
  • Options
    Even if the sponsors change, the kit is scheduled to remain the same for the last year of the current deal with Joma. So said Steve Waggott at the December supporters club meeting in Bexley.
  • Options
    If the kit is staying the same, why were they knocking them out for a fiver? Even with a new sponser the kits would have gone out for more than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Small point, but I would like to remind everyone that it's not a "club shop" but a Superstore.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]Even if the sponsors change, the kit is scheduled to remain the same for the last year of the current deal with Joma. So said Steve Waggott at the December supporters club meeting in Bexley.

Not quite how I remember it and in any case situations change over time.
  • Options
    Just wanted some shorts for 7 a side, nothing!
    Supporters are loyal and will spend money given the oppertunity, hows the amazon thing going AFKA?? ;-)
  • Options
    Its a good thing for the club if the kit and sponser is to change at least they are not left with loads of defunked stock that they wont be able to shift.

So whoever does the ordering done well and CAFC must have had advanced warning knowledge that JD would not renew.
  • Options
    Please also let this mean that the kit supplier is changing as well !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Please also let this mean that the kit supplier is changing as well ![/quote]

Thats what im thinking as im sure with the present climate they would change all the training gear as well

Would be crazy
  • Options
    Perhaps they have got loads of stock in the warehouse, but now that the warehousemans job is redundant they cannot get it moved to the shop superstore.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Perhaps they have got loads of stock in the warehouse, but now that the warehousemans job is redundant they cannot get it moved to the [s]shop[/s] superstore.[/quote]

ha ha no doubt great planning

Unless they are not going to bother with a training range full stop
  • Options
    The kit situation seems pretty fluid....in April the away kit was being changed for certain, now Im lead to believe that both home and away are being replaced...Im told the away kit is a bit tasty, but its all a matter of opinion really.
  • Options
    when do we get to see the kit and will it still be Joma?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    * A (serious) Aside*

When does a "Club Shop" become a "Superstore" ?
    Is it the area it takes up or something.........?
  • Options
    Its Joma for sure, they have a contract for this season, I think it runs out this year though.......when I have some positive details I'll post them up here
  • Options
    why does it open 10-5 weekdays? much better would be 12-7 or 8 so people with jobs could get down there, can't imagine they do roaring trade on weekday mornings?
  • Options
    My GF bought me some small shorts (Very crotch hugging lol need a medium realistically) for xmas but ive not been able to get to the valley to exchange them due to work commitments.

Does anyone know whether the club are lenient with exchanges like this?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]My GF bought me some small shorts (Very crotch hugging lol need a medium realistically) for xmas but ive not been able to get to the valley to exchange them due to work commitments.

Shouldn't your GF had know better?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Yeah but in shirtim a XS so she thought shorts should be Small also!

Don't worry AA i put her in her place for it ;o)
  • Options
    So again I ask :
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]My GF bought me some small shorts (Very crotch hugging lol need a medium realistically) for xmas but ive not been able to get to the valley to exchange them due to work commitments.