Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Algarve - Bar.

edited June 2009 in Not Sports Related
Am I right in saying that someone on this board owns a bar in the Algarve?
If Yes, where abouts is it? Whats the place called? I will pop in for a couple.
If No. Then please ignore this Post.

Comments

• AlgraveAddick is you man.
  • Yes there is its called Floyds and the owners called Perry he is a top man great host,
  • That would make sense. Thank you

Are you there Algarve?
  • Its in Albufeira between old and new town in answer to your question.
  • theres a chubby tavern in some of those pics.
  • I will be there in July and having a drink with Perry so if you are still around let me know.
  • I'll be there in a couple of weeks time, along with GorgeousGeorge, stop shouting, Cuff and YTS, amongst others. Can't wait.
  • We'll be there, team handed in a couple of weeks. Can't wait.
  • Nice one guys.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I'll be there in a couple of weeks time, along with GorgeousGeorge, stop shouting, Cuff and YTS, amongst others. Can't wait.

You can't wait? I bet Algarve is rubbing his hands in anticipation!
  • Any of you lot recommend a place out there for a family holiday?

Never been to Portugal and fancy it this year.

ie: an excuse to go to Algarves bar for 2 weeks!
  • get a villa with pool near the Algarve maybe Guia, great place 15 mins in a taxi to Floyds youve got the water park not far away and youve got the dolphin place not too far,

we got one out there 3 years on the trot you need to pool as the beaches although lovely the sea is very cold and rough at times
  • I'm staying again at a villa in Vilamoura. Great place and the marina is packed full of good restaurants and bars.

I
    We get a taxi to Floyds normally on wednesday and sunday nights when he has quiz night - always a good laugh.
  • Been looking, but every apartment and facilities look the same. Any recommendations?
  • villa

I normally use this lot - very helpful
  • get a villa bud the best way i assure you
  • For anyone going to the Algarve I seriously can't recommend Floyd's Bar enough.

17 of us went over to the Algarve this weekend for Gorgeous George's stag do and Mr & Mrs Algarve were absolutely superb hosts - everything from sorting us out with airport transfers, recommending places to eat, etc and even not minding too much (I hope!) when a spontaneous rendition of Valley Floyd Road broke out as we were leaving one night.

A truly memorable - and boozy - weekend was had by all. Still haven't recovered yet - work today was a bloody nightmare!!!

Get yourselves over there people and help support a fellow Addick.
  • Do you have any photos? I wondered if you had one of Perry as I know afriend of his and may recognise him.
  • As I remember algarve addick was more than happy with a sing song! What a quality weekend. Many thanks to mr and rs algarve addick
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Do you have any photos? I wondered if you had one of Perry as I know afriend of his and may recognise him.

We've got a photo of Cuff sitting smiling in front of a Palace shirt with his thumbs up. Shocking it is.
  • BURN IT
    (the shirt...............)
  • I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs the law of the stag am I?
  • Mind you its a nice photo
  • [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs the law of the stag am I?

I wouldn't know mate - was smashed for 72 hours!
  • Will be in Floyds Bar 2 weeks from today - great stuff!

See you soon P.!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]theres a chubby tavern in some of those pics.

That's Graham Stuart B :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs the law of the stag am I?

I wouldn't know mate - was smashed for 72 hours!

did you drink him dry lads?

i thought he looked familiar Add
  • I dunno about drinking him dry, but I reckon we did more than our fair share for the local economy.

Perry, if you see this and you have a rough idea, it would be interesting to know how many pints/bottles you reckon we put away between us over the three days. Obviously the Sambucca's count double!
  • Hello all, first of all apologies to Stewart, he started this thread while our compter was down, and by the time we were up and running it must have been way down the pages of history... Luckily he has found us anyway.

Thanks for the kind comments chaps, we really enjoyed having you here, as Cuff said I never have a problem with Charlton songs in the bar, I wish it happened more often!

Off_it, I really don't have a clue how much was consumed, bearing in mind I was involved in the sambuca supping myself. It was a large amount between you, and it was duly noted that the lifers were the biggest consumers of the group... well done soldiers!