Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rolling Summer Diary of Charlton News - Updated to 13th June

edited June 2009 in General Charlton
This will continue to be updated over the Summer

May

3rd - A Deon Burton hat-trick helps Charlton beat Norwich 4-2 in front of 22,000. Parkinson said post-match "We've put together a pre-season but I can't stress that the next six to eight weeks will make or break next season. The season doesn't start in August, it starts now. You can be the best coach in the world but it's all about recruiting the players and that has got to start straight away".

4th - Mirror speculate SPurs and Arsenal are interested in JonJo Shelvey.

6th - Richard Murray speaks at Bromley supporters branch

9th - Paper talk Man U are interested in younster Sean McGinty

14th - Fans Forum meet with club. Minutes published on 28th May reveal ' It was understood that some fans wanted to know whether he will stay or go before they renew their season tickets, and it was suggested that, if some fans wanted him to go, by renewing it would give the club money to possibly change things, but either way it was unknown at this point as to his position going forward.'

15th - Club confirm 14 staff made redundant

20th - Mirror suggests Newcastle, Stoke and Wigan interested in Lloyd Sam

21st - Mark Hudson states desire to stay "I've got two more years at the club and I want to get this team promoted and back to where it belongs. I've not had any thoughts or spoken to anyone about leaving and, if whoever is in charge wants to keep me as captain, I'd love to be."

22nd - Watford reportedly interested in Bailey. Closer sources later suggest Newcastle and Birmingham have shown interest.

24th Sunday People suggest Man U have shown interest in 17yr old defender Carl Jenkinson

25th - Charlton rumoured to have shown interest in Sheff W's released winger Wade Small

27th - Josh Wright states he is uncertain where his future lies. Waggott speaks at West Country supporters branch.

28th - Waggott states ST renewals to date had gone "reasonably well", that we will be seeking new sponsorship "The likelihood of JD renewing is remote", and that sponsorship is required to cover the cost of the big screen (estimated between £15k - £20k per season)

29th - Charlton linked with Southend's out of contract defender Peter Clarke, though sources suggest he is to move to a northern League One rival. Also linked with MK Dons out of contract defender Miguel Llera

June

1st - Cut off for ST renewals. Neil Warnock confirms Darren Ambrose will sign for Crystal Palace on 1st July.

4th - Sky report Plymouth are interested in Thierry Racon

5th Charlton announce 7,625 STs have been sold, the equivalent to 58% of renewals. Daily Mail state Chelsea have joined Tottenham in the 'race' for JonJo Shelvey

8th - Charlton announce they are unlikely to be entering the Football Combination reserve league due to cost-cutting.

9th - Parkinson denies receiving bid interest from Plymouth for Racon.

13th - Mirror link Charlton with Derby striker Liam Dickinson

17th League One fixtures released 10am

25th - Players return to pre-season training. Q+A / promotional meeting open to ST holders with Murray + Chappell (details to be confirmed)

July

8th Welling v Charlton 7.45pm

18th - Forest Green Rovers v Charlton 3pm

21st Crawley v Charlton 7.45pm

25th Barnet v Charlton 3pm

28th Charlton v Ipswich 7.45 (only home friendly)

August

1st Bournmouth v Charlton 3pm

8th +++League One season starts+++

11 / 12 Aug - League Cup rnd 1

15 Aug - L1 game 2

18 / 19 Aug - L1 game 3

22 Aug - L1 game 4

25 / 26 Aug - League Cup rnd 2

29 Aug - L1 game 5

September

1/2 JPT rnd 1

22 / 23 League Cup rnd 3