Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So... who's got sunburn?

Went to that Charity match at Sparrows lane on Saturday to watch a mate play, spent the rest of the day sitting in the garden with my dad and his mate drinking cider. Woke up this morning with a bright red foot, very uncomfortable.

Today went to Greenwich park.. ATTACK OF THE LOBSTER PEOPLE! So many people were a very dodgy shade of pink.

Always the same with us Brits isn't it, as soon as the sun comes out we strip and burn!

Comments

• Options
    wouldn't no ive been stuck at work all day!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]

Always the same with us Brits isn't it, as soon as the sun comes out we strip and burn!

And too bloody right we don't know when we'll see the sun again!!!
  • Options
    Had some beers in the garden at the park tavern and by the end of the cup final dixcovered red arms! Been up on the southbank today so covered muself in factor 15 and didn't get any redder! Lots going on on the southbank, juggling mime artists etc. Good fun and some good pubs on the walk along the thames from london br
  • Options
    It dont do you any good getting burnt in the sun. I always where a hat sun block and sit in the shade. May sound boring but we're white and not made for sitting in the hot sun
  • Options
    May sound boring but we're white and not made for sitting in the hot sun
    I've spent some time living, working and travelling in the Far East where it gets really hot. As a rule I try to avoid hot sun, it's really very bad for you.
  • Options
    I have spent most of my working life doing just that outdoors (barring the years since pro-fecking-motion) and rarely burn and I am sensible with it. I go brown and don't burn BUT today I went down mote park with some pals to meet some women and spent the day kicking a ball around and chatting shit to girls and not bothering with suncream because I didn't have any and felt pretty invincible.

I am now lobster red and feel the first effects of heatstroke which I an my colleagues used to get at least one day off for a year. Symptoms inlcude shaking like a shitting dog, feeling cold when in actual fact you are red hot, vomiting, and loss of bowel control.

Fortunately I am just hot at the minute, however I fully anticipate come 3 this morning to be awoken with at least one of the above symptoms.
  • Options
    Surely a loss of bowel control is a fairly regular occurence for you, eh Carter?
  • Options
    After the amount of cider I've thrown down my neck it's pretty inevitable.

I will however blame the sunstroke
  • Options
    Drink lots of iced water now Carter. It'll help cool you down and hopefully minimise the effects of the dehydration.
  • Options
    Being a semi-dago I have to sit in an oven for six hours before I burn. I actually have started putting sunblock on in the past few years (having a mate who's grandparents both died of skin cancer was a sobering experience) but didn't bother today. Sat in the garden for seven hours straight and now have skin coloured like David Dickinson. I've had heatstroke once before - about 12 years ago in Mexico after doing the same thing on a pacific beach. it was NOT a pleasant experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having spent the last two hours on my mountain bike - (wearing my helmet of course!) - under the blazing sun I fear a candy-stripe effect on my pate in the morning :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Having spent the last two hours on my mountain bike - (wearing my helmet of course!) - under the blazing sun I fear a candy-stripe effect on my pate in the morning :-(

I thought you still had snow out there, Oakster ... ?

;o)
  • Options
    My kids have inherited the bubble/portugese skin tone so with cream they go a very healthy brown.

no sunburn for me I always cream up - did a load of gardening yesterday as well
  • Options
    looking a little red today after spending the afternoon in Danson Park yesterday followed by a couple of late afternoon beers in the garden.
  • Options
    Just got back from Lisbon, 4 day stag, 37degrees everyday, got sunburn on my sunburn.
  • Options
    u lucky swine CHG - lisbon is a great city - did you have a good time.
  • Options
    Great weekend for sunburn,

Watched the cup final in the garden at my local (Yes they have a tv outside) and burnt my neck and then spent the day on the beach yesterday at St Mary's Bay to burn a few more bits.

Off to Italy this weekend for 5 days so hopefully I will even it all up instead of looking like a patch work quilt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]u lucky swine CHG - lisbon is a great city - did you have a good time.

Yes thanks ledge, cracking city, watched the Portuguese cup final yesterday, no shade in the stadium at all, roasted. Lisbon my top three cities though.
  • Options
    Burnt legs and feet for me after a bit of gardening yesterday. Remembered the suncream for my shoulders and arms but totally forgot about my legs! Have had to wear trousers today so I don't scare people :-)
  • Options
    Out in the sun all weekend and no signs of Tanning or Burning - Dissapointed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have the embarrassing sun burnt face but with the outline of my sunglasses after the cricket yesterday
  • Options
    Mrs MOG said on Saturday "the suns hot today".
    I told her not to touch it.........

*coat*
  • Options
    As a Bournemouth resident I can confirm that, going by some of the horrors I saw on the beach yesterday, there will be a lot of people phoning in sick this morning.

Slip, slap, slop for me which is why I resemble an albino who lives in a cave.
  • Options
    Went camping for the weekend, and even with suncream, burned up like the lobster people.
    Felt shivery and headachey last night, and out of sorts this morning ..... so I'm gonna buy me a hat.

Good weekend though - went on holiday 1 mile from home, lol ......... next village, beach, pubs, etc.
    And knew nearly everyone.

Away for 3 days and got the neighbours to feed the cat.
    Would only have taken me 15 minutes to walk home to do it myself, lol
  • Options
    did you get dressed up as a jelly fish during anytime of this excursion young Oggster just seems that your camera can not have worked last time

hmmmmm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]did you get dressed up as a jelly fish during anytime of this excursion young Oggster just seems that your camera can not have worked last time

hmmmmm

Aaaaaagh! not the jellyfish thing.

I've not even seen the photo's myself.
    Probably still in the ex-GF's camera - it's only been 6 months you know, give her time.

And I don't suppose I'm now even on her Xmas card list, so it could be a long wait.
    I'll let you know if I live long enough.

;o)
  • Options
    Goodman Oggster if not just do it again and take the pics again it must be a right bird puller that out fit ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Goodman Oggster if not just do it again and take the pics again it must be a right bird puller that out fit ;-)

Ha ha, perhaps the ex-GF saw the pics herself and changed her mind about me.
    Thought I had no backbone, and she didn't want to get stung.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote

quite possiblty the worst joke ever on here
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote

quite possiblty the worst joke ever on here

Agreed. Spineless.