Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today I have been...........

edited May 2009 in Not Sports Related
digging out for a new patio. The daughter's wedding reception is to be at our place and according to Mrs. M the patio was too old, shabby and small for the great occasion (looked alright to me but what do I know?). So this weekend has been spent lifting the old paving out and digging etc. for a new one though time out was allowed for the Cup Final! I now have terrible backache, sunstroke, and all sorts of aches and pains. Did anyone else have to do something physical in this lovely weather or have you all been sitting round the barbie with your tinnies or sitting outside the boozer soaking up the rays.

Comments

• Options
    mostly..........Sun lounging, reading, sleeping. eating and drinking. Luvly Jubly !
  • Options
    I havnt slept for 33 hours and been out with my mate and chilling on her driveway with some Strongbow today
  • Options
    ranting on this board! In between drinking beer and having a barbecue in the garden.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]digging out for a new patio. The daughter's wedding reception is to be at our place and according to Mrs. M the patio was too old, shabby and small for the great occasion (looked alright to me but what do I know?). So this weekend has been spent lifting the old paving out and digging etc. for a new one though time out was allowed for the Cup Final! I now have terrible backache, sunstroke, and all sorts of aches and pains. Did anyone else have to do something physical in this lovely weather or have you all been sitting round the barbie with your tinnies or sitting outside the boozer soaking up the rays.

Nope! The Ray's been in the garden soaking up copious amounts of booze. ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]digging out for a new patio. The daughter's wedding reception is to be at our place and according to Mrs. M the patio was too old, shabby and small for the great occasion (looked alright to me but what do I know?). So this weekend has been spent lifting the old paving out and digging etc. for a new one though time out was allowed for the Cup Final! I now have terrible backache, sunstroke, and all sorts of aches and pains. Did anyone else have to do something physical in this lovely weather or have you all been sitting round the barbie with your tinnies or sitting outside the boozer soaking up the rays.

Errrm March....have you always lived at your current address....did you lay the original patio?
    How deep have you dug down today.....one foot....two foot......go out now and dig a few extra feet March......you never know what you may find under an old patio in suburbia!!!!
  • Options
    at the Estadio Manuel Ruiz de Lopera sadly watching my adopted Spanish team Real Betis get relegated by one goal on goal difference, 23 minutes from safety, after being 7 minutes last week then conceding a late equaliser at Malaga. Grown men weeping, other grown men using flares to start fires with the ultra's tifo banners and throwing dozens of ripped out seats onto the pitch.

football and me don't go at the moment!
  • Options
    Soundas, I'm digging outwards rather than downwards as Mrs M. wants to extend it but when I did do the original one 25 years ago I managed to find an old lead water supply pipe with a pick-axe which,despite my best efforts, then refused to stop leaking and we had what is known these days as a 'water feature' outside the back door. Fortunately the Water Board started excavating one of their holes just down the road a few days later and a couple of their lads sorted it out for 'a drink'. However, if anyone requires something buried under a patio in the near future I'll try to help: a football manager? Surely not!
  • Options
    Pretended to be asleep while friends with lots of kids who stayed over awoke and caused chaos, went downstairs as they were heading off !
    Dropped Son No 1 at friends
    Laid back breakfast outside with my girlfriend, whilst listening to new album by Great Lake Swimmers.
    Spent most of the morning in the veg garden, repotting , planting out , and generally cheering up the plants.
    A walk through woods and across the local old lead mines to my girlfriends, read books and generally chilled. Picked up son, played badminton in the garden.
    Cooked Dinner, chucked my son in the bath. Waterered Garden, did the usual ready for school things. Tidied up my mess of a house whilst listening to the basement tapes- bob dylan.
    Now just doing a bit of Chatlton Lifing to avoid doing some work.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I havnt slept for 33 hours and been out with my mate and chilling on her driveway with some Strongbow today

Standard sunday behaviour!! Esp in the sun, we had a BBQ and pretty much the same less strongbow, more beer