Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• How is it a GB team if only English players are gonna play??
  • I know - it's weird.
  • Which Non-English British players would you have in the team if there was a game this weekend?
  • What else could be done? It would be weird for the biggest sport in the Uk to not be represented at the biggest sports event to be held here.

The others had the oppourtunity to take part and they didn't want to. Why should England allow themselves to be blackmailed by the others into not taking part.

And yes I can see why they don't want to. Turning a blind eye and not taking part themselves is the only solution that could be found that would suit everyone.

If only more conflicts were solved by people coming to this sort of agreement.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Which Non-English British players would you have in the team if there was a game this weekend?

Giggs?
  • Shay Given?
  • Im sure there would be a good few who could be put forward and who would love to play------------it was their FAs who didnt want to know----------The Home of Football during the Olympics with no team in it was a sick joke.
  • Shay Given's Irish and Ryan Giggs would be 38!
  • I'd have Scott Brown in there. Johnny Evans might be there abouts before too long. Bellamy maybe for a pit of pace and evil, but there's not many. Before the disastrous Sunderland experiment I'd say Gordon for sure, but he's having a mare.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Im sure there would be a good few who could be put forward and who would love to play
    it was their FAs who didnt want to know
    The Home of Football during the Olympics with no team in it was a sick joke.

You can see why the other FA's didnt want to do it.

How would you feel if in a few years FIFA turn around and say "you managed a GB team for the olympics, now you can do it for the world cup too"
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Which Non-English British players would you have in the team if there was a game this weekend?

Barry Ferg and Allan Mac
  • [cite]Posted By: jollyrobin[/cite] Ryan Giggs would be 38!

That clearly matters to him in the Prem....
  • We should not go near this, it will only encourage FIFA to demand a British national team.
  • edited May 2009
    [quote]That clearly matters to him in the Prem....[/quote]

We don't know what's going to happen in 3 years time, but I have an inkling he will have retired by then.
  • I'm pretty sure Giggs has retired internationally.
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Which Non-English British players would you have in the team if there was a game this weekend?

Barry Ferg and Allan Mac
    LOL! Nice try! If they weren't banned I wouldn't have either of them in over what England already has.

Maik Taylor of NI might make the squad.
  • [cite]Posted By: jollyrobin[/cite]

We don't know what's going to happen in 3 years time, but I have an inkling he will have retired by then.
    The question was THIS weekend.
  • [cite]Posted By: jollyrobin[/cite]

Hi, read the question.
  • There should not be a team... a few years down the line fifa will say you must have a combined team. So glasgow, cardiff, london and belfast will share the games. This stinks.
  • Anyone think Jonjo will be in with a shout of the Olympic team?