Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Legal advice...

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
Mr R Murray
The Valley
FLoyd Road
SE7

28 May 2009

Dear Mr Murray

Potential transfer of Darren Ambrose to a third party football club

It has come to my attention that one of your employees, a certain Mr Darren Ambrose has engaged in discussions which may, or may not, lead to an offer of employment as a professional footballer.

The discussions are being held between Mr Ambrose and a third party football club with which I am sure you are already broadly familiar, viz one Crystal Palace, based at Selhurst Park, Croydon.

As you are also no doubt aware, Mr Ambrose is contracted to Charlton Athletic until 30 June 2009. For clarity, this means that Mr Ambrose remains a Charlton Athletic employee and registered as a player with Charlton Athletic until either
- midnight on 30 June 2009; or
- your club agrees to transfer his registration to another club for a consideration, which may be cash or other form of payment. In either of these cases, third party clubs would be allowed to negotiate terms with Mr Ambrose. Until then, such discussions are clearly regarded as making an illegal approach, commonly regarded as "tapping up".

It appears that Charlton Atheltic have not made an agreement for the player's registration to be transferred to Crystal Palace Football Club, who are therefore in direct breach of Football League rules. Consequently I would like to advise you to throw the fcuking book at them and drag Neil Warnock and that t****r Simon Jordan through the courts until their ears bleed. They both like a fight - let's give 'em one.

Please advise me if I may be of any practical assistance in this matter.

Yours sincerely

Chizz

Comments

• Dear Chizz

Players whose contracts are coming to an end are able to negotiate pre contract agrements from the january prior to the completion of their contract. i will niot therefore require your services however if yuo contact Mr Waggott, I believe he is being stalked by a man with a goat and seeking an injunction .
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Dear Chizz

Players whose contracts are coming to an end are able to negotiate pre contract agrements from the january prior to the completion of their contract. i will niot therefore require your services however if yuo contact Mr Waggott, I believe he is being stalked by a man with a goat and seeking an injunction .
    I'm pretty sure that only applies to players over 30 - I remember Chris Powell looking forward to calls from Real Madrid during his final January with us.
    Anyway, my plan would just be to drop Article 14(c) of the FIFA Players’ Agents Regulations into a conversation with the Judge and wait for him to find in Charlton's favour.
  • Think it is players over 21 not 30. And maybe less then that if they did not come through the contracted clubs youth system.
  • chizz - get a life.
  • chizz that was very funny but their allowed to do that its a pre contract agreement