Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

new players

serious replys people no Owens etc

what do you think we can get or who are the right people we should bring inn

i think keeper wise were ok Eliott and Randolph are good enough for league one bye bye weaver shocking signing never rated him

defence need a CB Ward if we can hope we dont lose Fortune

what about the RB slot Yassin could be good enough

Midfield Bailey & Racon & Jonjo must stay got to keep them Ambrose ZZ will be off back to newcastle the pair of em (will Sam go to newcastle aswell) and after josh wrights display at wembley perhaps he can force his way inn

stikers not a massive dickson fan either and Tody will be on his way as much as i want to put Izzle on the list he has scored bags of goals for MK dons so i feel he will be make an impact

loan out Wagstaff YUssuff Tuna

a natural left sided player is got to be on the shopping list
what about Cox or Lambert From Swindon and B Rovers
Lee Croft from Norwich is avaliable on a free ??
could we get any of the Reading players just released
Dan Hrding of Ipswich wouldnt be a bad signing
and Miller just released from QPR
DJ Campbell from leicester
Southamptons squad to choose from Euell wright - phillips Surman Morgan Schneiderlin David McGoldrick Adam Lallana Grzegorz Rasiak
Kandol would we like to see him back

all could bring something Rasiak i imagine will go to a chamionship side like the kid Mcgoldrick

lots of names lots of players all with something to offer all have a bit of quality but sensible names

Comments

• Options
    I think Yassin is almost certainly going back to France, I don't think he likes the culture here which is a shame as I think on his day he's one of our best players. Solly looked good when he came on against Norwich and that was him playing out of position. Murty could also provide cover at right back and would be a great wise head for Solly to learn from. I would love us to sign Ward, especially as one of or both of Hudson and Fortune will probably be off. However since his wages went up after Wolves got promoted will he really come to us (I've read elsewhere that we have £10k a week to spend on our back four - not sure where this figure came from though).

We also need a goalscorer, it make life very difficult when you don't have a bloke who will get you 20-25 a season. I was thinking try and get Lambert from Bristol Rovers, I'm sure Charlton would be a more attractive option than them, but the price may be preclusive.

Don't want Kandol really.
  • Options
    I would repalce Yassin with Murty, Hudson with Sodje (Reading), Bailey, Holland, Spring, Ambrose & ZZ with Nicholls (Luton).

All 3 would be freebeeis, all on lowish wages i should think and all would have the desire and experience to succeed and drag others through games.

The 7 I have mentioned going would free up wages for these 3 with only Bailey being a serious loss to the team IMO.

Then we would just need a winger, CB (cover), and striker.
  • Options
    Sodje has signed for Bristol City loose Bailey lets hope not Nicholls has had serious knee ops over the past few season ok he has been good for Luton but I think were past his Level now

Wright surely is better then Nicholls ?? so that would be a waste of Nicholls wages

id much rather look at say Michael Duberry along with Darren Ward incase we loose Fortune ?

first of all we are missing the point we need to replace PP i agree with the wide players and strikers are Fleetwood and Dickson the answer sorry i dont

Burton
    Mcloud
    Gray
    i think would score goals in league one but if we could add 2 more to that list either from my previous list

6 players perhaps in total

2 strikers
    2 CB
    2 wide men

also coul dean sinclair prove to be a good player pards signed him becuase he was a strong athlete box to box player ?? I just hope we can bounce back straight away and dont end up like leeds

I still think also a link with one of the top 4 in the premiership would be a huge advantage Raw talent wanting to make an impact look at the two young sheff united full backs walker and naughton superb young players i see someone snapping them up potential england players in the making

Lee
  • Options
    Sodje signing for Bristol City apparently

Tommy Miller is available - always rated him

DJ Campbell looked OK but maybe not prolific enough for us - we really need a goalscorer

Some of the kids at Southampton wuold be great but they will all go to clubs in the Championship I would think

Scott McGleish always seems to be scoring at lower levels...

I guess it all really hinges on any takeover as to what our transfer aspirations are like
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lee Heywood[/cite]serious replys people no Owens etc

what do you think we can get or who are the right people we should bring inn

i think keeper wise were ok, I'm still good enough for the Vets and League One ........

Yep, we don't need Weaver. Or Elliott.

;o)
  • Options
    Keep:

Elliot
    Solly
    Youga
    Fortune
    Sam
    Racon
    Shelvey
    Gray
    Dickson

Plus a selection of the massed ranks of squad players we already have, like Wright, basey, Fleets etc etc etc

Sign:

A lefty (Myles Weston is doing well at Notts County - would he come back?)
    2 new centre backs. Ward unrealistic imo, but Sodje is v getable and played well with Fortune when with us on loan. As for the other, I don't know but we could do with a leader out there - maybe Darren Moore? He's horribly slow, but not much gets past him in the air.

If Shelvey must be sold, then do so as well I suppose, but if we can mould a decent centre back pairing we already have a decent full back pairing and Goalie for League 1 so should be much more solid next year. If we bring in a bit of creativity by signing a decent lefty, then I'm confident Gray and Dickson can and will score goals in League 1, where it appears much easier to do so than the Championship, as the likes of Varney, Eastwood, Sharp and Fryatt can all testify.

We really don't need a revolution in the playing staff, merely a well directed culling of some of the more superflous elements (coupled with a well directd sale of some more valuable, but less essential players). Add a couple of new bodies in the right areas and we'll be challenging for at least the play-offs imo.

Change 15 to 16 players and we'll still be gelling come Christmas and well behind the front runners.
  • Options
    first, we need a decent manager to knock the players who are staying into shape, then start adding his own players as required.
  • Options
    I think that Anthony Gerard would be a solid signing as he has done well for Wallsall.

Wade Small would be a good free signing as we are in need of another quick wideman.

That Adomah from Barnet looks like a tricky winger, alot like Sam, could be a good signing.

I think that if we can get Sears on loan from West Ham then he will get us a few goals.

Dan Harding is on a free and he would do a good job in league 1.

To be honest there's loads of people we COULD sign, but until we know whether we have any money from a takeover or not then we are not going to do anything, i do agree that the first thing we need is a propoer manager though!
  • Options
    The key point is to get the management and budget sorted out.

We will have to mnove on high earners and then see what we have and what we need.
    One thing for me is we must be a much more physical side, last season we suffered from Pardew's idea of playing 'Premiership' style in Div one.
    we lacked any form of combativity throughout the team
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]The key point is to get the management and budget sorted out.

We will have to mnove on high earners and then see what we have and what we need.
    One thing for me is we must be a much more physical side, last season we suffered from Pardew's idea of playing 'Premiership' style in Div one.
    we lacked any form of combativity throughout the team

Very well put

If and it's a very big if we can keep hold of 3 out of Shelvey, Bailey, Racon, Semedo and Sam we will have an half straight midfield.

We need a decisive centre half and his mate and some players who can play with width, Omar Daley and Yeates I would be well happy with.

No way will Fortune or Hudson or Ward be playing for us next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of your fans really make me laugh. Your chances of signing half these players in League 1 are a long shot at best.

With all due respect, some of you need to be realistic. If you've got no money to spend then I doubt anyone on a free will go to you if they can earn more in the Championship. Even players like Dan Harding are out of your league...
  • Options
    F**k me you really are a weirdo! How many other people are on other teams boards at 3 in the morning? I think you either need to get a hobby or some sleep!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite] I am a big fat w*nker, please take nothing I say to heart
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Sodje signing for Bristol City apparently

Tommy Miller is available - always rated him

DJ Campbell looked OK but maybe not prolific enough for us - we really need a goalscorer

Some of the kids at Southampton wuold be great but they will all go to clubs in the Championship I would think

Scott McGleish always seems to be scoring at lower levels...

I guess it all really hinges on any takeover as to what our transfer aspirations are like

Scott McGleish has signed for Leyton Orient.
  • Options
    I think they are Realistic Targets i also agree with the wages - money factor and when we will be sorting this take over which we need were not the club we was under curbs and its a shame i dodnt work out with AP he did well at West Ham look at Ramos at Spurs shocking but did well in spain

i would like to see Chrissy Powell back perhaps running the res side bringing the young players through if the take over doesnt happen sack parky anyway throw matty holland in player manager with Kinsella fresh ideas

player wise perhaps we could add Lee Trundle to the list and Jason Pouncheon Yates and the winger from Barnety was a good shout if we want to look at the goal getters look at lester and holt they have always been big hitters in league one and two

out goings to freshen up the wage bill

Weaver SHOCKING
    ZZ cant afford him
    Tody to many inj
    Ambrose big earner and not liked by most fans
    Dickson dont rate him
    Fleetwood as below
    Sinclair (he needs first team football)
  • Options
    I think I'm right in saying that Josh Wright's contract has expired.

Gillingham may well make him an offer so he will probably walk. I guess we might get a development fee as he is under 24.
  • Options
    no i understand he has another year left ?? Len I think he would do well next year could be the next scot parker perhaps
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lee Heywood[/cite]no i understand he has another year left ?? Len I think he would do well next year could be the next scot parker perhaps

HOW DARE YOU????

He'll Never be a Spotty Parker type player!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lee Heywood[/cite]no i understand he has another year left ?? Len I think he would do well next year could be the next scot parker perhaps

I agree he has potential.

I think it is almost inevitable ZZ will go even though in an ideal world I'd like him to stay. I think Josh potentially offers more than Spring in his place.
  • Options
    didnt he leave us years ago and go to chelsea 10m he said he wasnt leaving and then left us to be a sub hey i think scoty was superb for us we need to move on and find new players that resemble our past high profile players id like to think the players who now have a chance to play more can put there own stamp on the way we play we have had some good youngsters come through in the past as follows

LIsbie
    Konchesky
    Rob Lee
    Gordon Watson
    Solly
    Basey
    Elliott
    Randolph
    Jonjo
    Wright
    Tuna
    Micky Bennett
    Paul Mortimer
    Sam
    Darren Pitcher
    Steve Gritt

the list can go on Dazz i want us back in the top flight as much as everyone else it hurts to see us facing the lower league clubs including millwall i want us to be facing the likes of man united and arsenal but we need to get a few things right

1 Take Over
    2 Mananger
    3 Players inns and outs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"Highly-rated Wright signed his first professional deal, a two-year agreement, in March 2007."

Arter also signed a 2 year deal at the time, both out of contract.

Unless we decided to give him another year but it's not been announced?
  • Options
    Quote - Scoham "but it's not been announced?"

Nothing anout anything newswise is coming out of Charlton. The lead story on the OS is about youngsters getting good deal on season tickets !
  • Options
    Yeah it's definitely possible some contracts have been sorted out or are close to. No doubt Todorov and Weaver will be released as well.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]F**k me you really are a weirdo! How many other people are on other teams boards at 3 in the morning? I think you either need to get a hobby or some sleep![/quote]

I was revising, for what it's worth. Oh and no, it wasn't for GCSE's...or A-Levels.

I stand by what I said, players like Cox, Lambert, Croft, any of the Southampton players etc would never join you because there will be teams better than yourselves in for them.

You're better off actually giving some of the players you've signed a chance a la Fleetwood and Sinclair.
  • Options
    shurrup! ;o)
  • Options
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5351833,00.html

Danny Woodards could do a job at this level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]F**k me you really are a weirdo! How many other people are on other teams boards at 3 in the morning? I think you either need to get a hobby or some sleep!

I was revising, for what it's worth. Oh and no, it wasn't for GCSE's...or A-Levels.

I stand by what I said, players like Cox, Lambert, Croft, any of the Southampton players etc would never join you because there will be teams better than yourselves in for them.

You're better off actually giving some of the players you've signed a chance a la Fleetwood and Sinclair.

11+?
  • Options
    yes saw that on sky today see it also says sodje has been shown the door i thought he was off to bristol city perhaps not i still think he will stay in the championship