Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No alcohol in Rome

Anywhere! From 11pm tomorrow through to Thursday morning. A blanket ban,

Blimey.

Comments

• Options
    Hope they are compensating the bar owners.
  • Options
    Just what I was thinking - bet they were expecting a windfall but now they even lose out on the standard daily custom.
  • Options
    maybe there compensation will be not having there bars smashed to pieces.
  • Options
    Talk sense or say nothing Steve...
  • Options
    Perhaps it should be "football" uefa that pays compo. !!!
  • Options
    why the fact the game is being staged in rome is a feckin disgrace anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]why the fact the game is being staged in rome is a feckin disgrace anyway.

Why? Where else should they play it? The Den? Stadium:MK?
  • Options
    Still, they charge about €300 for an espresso, so not all bad for the cafe owners.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]why the fact the game is being staged in rome is a feckin disgrace anyway.

Why? Where else should they play it? The Den? Stadium:MK?

shut up you plank and go for a walk,with the continuous crowd trouble in rome over the past 5 years from the locals this is explosive situation waiting to happen.
  • Options
    to think though if you were out their one of the biggest game in your teams history you've gotta have a beer, beer and football go hand in hand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been called a plank by northstandsteve! It's taken three years, but I've finally arrived.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Nothing to see here
  • Options
    sorry but in all due respect what I meant was for years the english fans have been blamed for everything,yet the roma/rome fans have got away with blue murder.The fact rome was given a champions league final giving the italian fans behaviour is a disgrace.Plank was a bit harsh ply would have been a fairer comment ;-)
  • Options
    Get a room you two ;0)
  • Options
    I was out in Sardinia with England for 1990 World Cup.Booze was banned for 48 hours either side of a game....so everyone just bought their beers by the crate load the day before any ban come in.No one stopped you drinking , you just couldnt buy it.
  • Options
    Total rubbish...Rome is a huge city and alchohol is readily available everywhere there, it's part of their culture.... just as it is in London.
    Just imagine an alchohol ban in London for four days because of a football match....well it just wouldn't and couldn't happen. Think it through everyone....how on earth could this be monitered and enforced.
    Really, this is just some classic public relations bollox and those of you who believe it need to get a grip!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Anywhere! From 11pm tomorrow through to Thursday morning. A blanket ban,

Blimey.[/quote] A knife ban would have been safer IMO
  • Options
    NOT FORGETTING LAZIO STEVEY BOY.

Unfotunately UEFA pick the venues without knowing who's going to get there. Banning beer is not going to make a blind bit of difference - the italians will still be giving it large going round doing their favourite thing slashing people across the ass or stabbing people in the back, their forte,.
  • Options
    So the truth is begining to come out...NOT a blanket ban...only in a few key locations and only for 31 hours (11.00pm Tuesday night until (6.00am Thurday morning).
  • Options
    Its like being back at Nursery School
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Its like being back at Nursery School
    I agree - I hated it when they didnt let me a have a beer in the sandpit.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Its like being back at Nursery School[/quote]
    I agree - I hated it when they didnt let me a have a beer in the sandpit.[/quote]

Yeah sand in the beer ruins the flavour
  • Options
    Shame as alcohol is a fantastic anaesthetic and would be used in operating theatres if it wasn't so toxic in the doses required.
  • Options
    I'm sure in the bulk its just a leaked advance tactic to try and deter those without tickets going out there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]with the continuous crowd trouble in rome over the past 5 years from the locals this is explosive situation waiting to happen.

Spot on... Manchester United fan stabbed.

Will there be any action from UEFA against the Italians?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]with the continuous crowd trouble in rome over the past 5 years from the locals this is explosive situation waiting to happen.

Spot on...Manchester United fan stabbed.

yep.
    they will make them stage it again in 4 or 5 years time.
  • Options

Will there bollox
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Its like being back at Nursery School
    I agree - I hated it when they didnt let me a have a beer in the sandpit.

Shoulda gone to school in Lewisham then ;-)
  • Options

Well that didn't take long.

If anyone dies tonight Platini will have blood on his hands...
  • Options
    Its all very well blaming UEFA for choosing Rome (I agree its not the most sensitive choice) but in all seriousness which major city could you place 40,000 English and 40,000 Catalans and expect no trouble?

I can't think of anywhere! Maybe somewhere in Switzerland? That's dull and expensive.