Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carl Jenkinson _ Charlton Youth Team to Man U

2»

Comments

• Options
    is this good news henners is he a good prospect
  • Options
    Skipper of the youth team this season. Looked impressive during the team's rather nervy 1st half v Chelsea
  • Options
    How old is he? Is he any good? Was linked to Man Utd previously so wondered whether he had kicked on and whether he was likely to be anywhere near the first team next year - anyone know?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    or not haha my bad
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    One of the five that will sign pro for next season. He's 18 now, will be 19 sometime during next season.

Right back or centre back, so if Solly stays he'll be behind him. Centre back I'd expect Mambo to be ahead him because of the physical side.
  • Options
    I understand he has done several photo shoots for Lloyd Sam's latest T shirt range.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]One of the five that will sign pro for next season. He's 18 now, will be 19 sometime during next season.

Right back or centre back, so if Solly stays he'll be behind him. Centre back I'd expect Mambo to be ahead him because of the physical side.[/quote]
    To me Jenks looks more physically imposing than Mambo and has a better touch. Don't think either have played enough to be regulars next season though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Don't think either have played enough to be regulars next season though.

That's what they once said about Richard Rufus!
  • Options
    Better touch definitely, Jenkinson better on the ball generally, and I agree neither will be regulars yet. Mambo's 6 ft 4 and probably 13/14 stone, surely already one of our most physically imposing players? Or do you mean how they both use their size?