Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

a few points from a new poster

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
I have been reading a few of the post on here and netaddicks today and something just twigged, I remember watching the 90's and curbs said something along the lines of we are not just another club and it is important we don't forget about getting back to the valley etc or we will became just another club, he also went on to say that sometimes he has to remind some of there players where we have come from and how the likes of Keith Jones, Stuart balmer, Garry nelson, mark robson, worked there socks off for this club so the players today could enjoy the prem status the nice dressing rooms etc.

it seems to me the players today don't care who or what Charlton are and where have been. and more worrying have we the club Charlton forgotten who we are or where we have been

Comments

• Options
    welcome to the site.

he was referring to the 'portakabin mob'. I think you're last point is extremely spot on. I don't really expect the likes of Faye, Diawarra, Traore etc to know the full details of our history, but the fact Charlton people have moved the goalposts so much in the past six months worries me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] but the fact Charlton people have moved the goalposts so much in the past six months worries me.

Don't think I agree with that. Mark Robson and to a lesser extent Kinsella are part of that portacabin generation. So is Les Reed. Messing up one appointment (some would say two but I'm not sure I agree with that either) is bad but not the same as moving the goalposts.
  • Options
    certainly would explain our inability to score....

(sorry)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]certainly would explain our inability to score....

(sorry)

LOL thanks first time I've laughed all day. "Live, love, laugh and be happy" - the next Valley flags banner.
  • Options
    My pleasure

..and talk about flags Henners, how about some flags from the club! We don't have any in/on the stadium, gives it a little something I think - a la highbury. Although I read today that Arse have banned the St George Cross!!!
  • Options
    Do you mean national flags on the stands?
  • Options
    yes and charlton ones
  • Options
    Most likely a hazard to low flying aircraft.

I'll ask but I think they may get a little fed up with me and "my" flags.

They did give us £10k for the banners and the big overhead flags BTW