Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Purple Birdshit!

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon over the last few weeks. In my garden and on my car I have noticed what I assume to be birdshit but it is purple. I live very close to the river so it could be seagulls. But purple?

Comments

• Eagles, red and blue make purple
  • Dunno what bird it comes out of but if I park under the tree that has berries on at work I get all colours of the rainbow greeting me on my return.

It's berries mate. Be it crows, pigeons or big bloody parrot things
  • Especially elderberries, birds luv 'em. Don't leave it on the motor too long, the stuff is acidic and can really muck up the paintwork.
  • [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Especially elderberries, birds luv 'em. Don't leave it on the motor too long, the stuff is acidic and can really muck up the paintwork.
    Amen - esepecially modern water-based paints instead of the older lead-based ones.
  • edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Especially elderberries, birds luv 'em. Don't leave it on the motor too long, the stuff is acidic and can really muck up the paintwork.

There won't be many elderberries around just yet. But just wait until August/Sept - and you'll also have blackberries, etc.

Blackcurrants due early July.

;o)