Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Other Campers out there...

edited May 2009 in Not Sports Related
Planning our first tent camping trip this weekend to Norfolk, any other camping folk on the site? If so where is your favourite campsite?

Comments

• Options
    for me in Norfolk.......only one Waxham sands between horsey and sea palling check it out on ukcampsite.co.uk good search site for camping kimbo
    and when we play Norwich great site 15 min walk from ground.....did it few years back good laugh
  • Options
    I like Campers shoes. Those Pelotas are Quality.
  • Options
    oh I'm going camping near to Wickham Market on June 19th with a few folks off this site and plenty more. Its a really good site- called The Orchard Campsite and we have a big marquee next to where we all pitch. The shower block is cool and you have access to fridge, kettle, freezer, taps, plugs all sorts.

My favourites place to camp however, where I am going the week after the above is Pilton Farm, Somerset for 6 days where there are no showers, fridges, electricity etc.
  • Options
    Utter madness! If you want to be uncomfortable for a weekend, just put dried peas in your shoes.
  • Options
    Going this wknd to Selnac wood near dymchurch with NLJR, anyone with kids it is a great cheap way to spend time together, What little boy or girl wouldnt enjoy the adventure of it all, and you can bring pets so Jon Jo the staffie is going on his first camping trip, cant wait

buy a good tent a good set to cook on, get an air matress if you buy a big tent. If you can have electric where you go get it as it makes life a whole lot more easy.

We have camping cooker,Fridge and TV with an arial that you cable tie on to the outside of the Tent
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Going this wknd to Selnac wood near dymchurch with NLJR, anyone with kids it is a great cheap way to spend time together,

I'm down that way on Saturday (BBQ at chez Dowman)

Camp every year at Le Mans and have an annual night away with the boys at a place near Canterbury. Camping can be a laugh but it's beginning to lose it's appeal as I get older. It's not the most comfortable way of spending a night.
  • Options
    Agree as ive got older tents got bigger as cannot crawl around gut and old agr get in way.but still good way of chilling for weekend...nice site near Faversham for hop festival weekend........................is there still one at Abbey Wood ?
  • Options
    We are going to Ponds Farm in Cromer, just need to find pub with TV for Footie on Sunday
    http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=3727
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Thoroughly recommend Pistyl Rhayader, At Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant, Mid Wales home to the highest waterfall in England and Wales., lovely site, with metal baskets you can light fires in, brilliant stream for kids to play in and good but expensive tea and cake. (admitadly the loo's are very basic and the nearest thing to a shower is a plunge in the many beautifall rock pools). Really good walking country. Some caution with any small paths up the side of the waterfall its a bloody long way down. But you really will struggle to find a more beautifall place in the UK or indeed the world.

My second favourite site, again a basic one, backs onto a truly lovely beach called Mwnt, Nr Cardigan , West Wales. Safe beach for swimming, kids seem to spend all their time damming up a stream that goes through the sand. You can spot dolphins and seals in the bay more or less every day. Small shop for pasties, tea etc.
  • Options
    Sandy Balls Holiday Centre near the New Forest. Excellent times our family had there when I was as a nipper.

Don't forget your wellies and check and tighten your guy ropes regularly due to the windy weather. My tents main pole snapped the last time I was camping due to high winds. Loved that tent and it was so easy to put up.

Plenty of warm clothing at this time of the year and maybe one of those mummy type sleeping bags that zips almost right up and the material is right round your head.

Hope you don't have to put your tent up in the rain and the weather perks up for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only done it the once, in my rocker days ('63,'64ish) when we took the bikes up to Great Yarmouth. Remember arriving at camp site (Caister -on- Sea I think) all a bit of an alcoholic haze after that . Some Leicester bikers blew their primus up and set their tent on fire, which was fun, that's about all I can recall, except for meeting Gloria but that's another story! Hope this is helpful! :O)='
  • Options
    Have done camping many many times, done a nice spot in South Wales last year, and going to Dorset this summer :)
  • Options
    Camping = an affront to all human progress over several thousand years.

I'm with Algarve on this one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Thoroughly recommend Pistyl Rhayader, At Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant,

Thats easy for you to say!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]Camping = an affront to all human progress over several thousand years.

Me too, if there aint a consierge at the front door I dont want to know.
  • Options
    As algarve, Les and TCE have said here, bollox to that!! Hate the feeling in the morning with the horrible dew on grass, hate having to trapse miles to a minging block just to have a nice David Gower, hate the feeling of the condensation from breathe persperation at night, and being really cold, and having a beer and having to wee in some minging piss infested bush that loads of northerners have already wazzed in!! Not good peeps!! I want consierge people!!

I would rather go to Paris than go sodding camping!! Hate it more than i hate gay paree, and thats saying something!!
  • Options
    When I was in Wales, it was a 1/2 mile walk to the bogs and then another 1/2 mile back, not soo good at 1am when slightly drunk
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]oh I'm going camping near to Wickham Market on June 19th with a few folks off this site and plenty more. Its a really good site- called The Orchard Campsite and we have a big marquee next to where we all pitch. The shower block is cool and you have access to fridge, kettle, freezer, taps, plugs all sorts
    supposed to have been there last weekend but unfortunately we had to bail out because my wife had an interview to prepare for on Monday.
    Going to a nice one in Hartfield in East Sussex in a few weeks - both allow, indeed encourage, you to have real fires which is very important :-)
    Also going for a week in July to campsite at Durdle Door in Dorset, which is right by the beach.

Shrew - do you have a link for those campsites?
  • Options
    Never do less than 4*
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    oh yeah i forgot to add for all you luxury yuppies

the whole 3 nights with leccy and dog only cost a bullseye now thats a break for the resession

(MCS i can not believe that you hate camping more than Paris that sucks dude)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Camping....you call that camping!!!
    FFS...they take the kitchen sink nowadays!
    I remember going when sleeping bags and a Primus Stove were thought of as luxuries....now that was REAL camping!!
  • Options
    Thats how i remember it SA but i cant get the wife to go without there being leccy
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Salad, the link for the campsite at Mwnt is http://www.nant-y-croi.co.uk

theres a site with a few more facilities but slightly longer walk to the beach at http://www.blaenwaunfarm.com

The site at Pistly Rhayader is a 'become a member when you arrive job', theres a big thing there about it being a quiet, eco friendly site, being able to have your own camp fires is a definate plus, and as I said its kid heaven. Its best as a weekend or a few days site as the waterfall and the pools are the only shower facilities. They do do a wonderfall b and b room with a balcony overlooking the waterfall though.

link for this is http://www.lovecamping.co.uk/campsites/wales/powys/pistyll-rhaeadr
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]Camping = an affront to all human progress over several thousand years.

Me too, if there aint a consierge at the front door I dont want to know.

Amen to that boys.

F****** camping - I hated it as a kid and vowed NEVER EVER again. I mentioned it to the wife as a wind up and she nearly had a coronary. I am not on holiday unless I am getting on a plane END OF.