Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Island hopping in Scotland.

edited May 2009 in Not Sports Related
I would like to go island hopping in scotland with my daughter between now and august latest and would like to know if anyone else has done so.

We will fly to Prestwick and hire a car and would be travelling for 5/6 days stopping off when it suits, would like to visit Kennacraig,Port askaig,lura,colonsay,isle of mull.

Any info website or other info regarding getting around would be great, i will be looking at sites but am interested if anyone else has any experiences to let me know about.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2009
    ask Weegie, her husband runs a company doing just that, pretty good website too. I'll see if I can find a link.

Run by Weegie's husband, hope it helps
  • Options
    Thnaks large, a great help and i'll contact weegie's husband.
  • Options
    That's exactly what I'd like to do but maybe it'll have to wait until next year!
  • Options
    Don't go in august! The midges will eat you alive!!!
  • Options
    Badger - you sound like you know what you're doing - I assume Skye is off your list because you've done that before? If not, it's a must as it's the most interesting, historic, beautiful etc etc. Can't beat the Red Cullin hills in Britain on a warm summer's day. If you're driving, Plockton is also worth a trip around the headland from Kyle of Lochalsh (a few miles from Eilean Donan castle). Probably the most photographed/picturesque fishing village in Scotland (The Wicker Man, Hamish Macbeth, Local Hero etc.
  • Options
    Skye as mentioned, also Arran and Raasay. I have also been to Harris and Lewis, don't bother