Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mamaris, Turkey

Need some help pals, flying out on the 15th June for 2 weeks, booked bed and breakfast already.

Just wondering how much your average couple would be spending out there. Both like a good drink but won't be getting batterd every night.

Been told anything from £400-£800 each, looking for something a little less vague!

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    Mamaris - Hope it doesn't go tits up :-)
  • Options
    Been Turkey 3 times in the last 2 years goin July this year. Pretty cheap out there mate an meals are good prices. Think we usually take about a grand between us but the best thing to do is take cash out there an change it up as they love GBPs an give u a better rate than what you'll get here!
  • Options
    Your best bet Stu is to go for the lookalike thing. Surely it'll be free drinks for Pat Sharpe?
  • Options
    Funny guy you.
  • Options
    Agreed. Been to Turkey loads and they love hard currency in the shops. We would give them a 20 for a paper (say 5 lira (£2)) and end up not actually paying for the paper. £6-700 should see you Ok for a week Id say. Your Kajagoogoo tribute band should down a treat too.
  • Options
    I've been to marmaris twice lovely place and good people very cheap less then a quid for a beer jump on the dolmus bus for cheap days out, they love the footy out there and most knew who charlton where, the bizarre in town is proper indian jones style, haggle hard they expect it, don't be put off with knock off gear I have two rolex watches and about 5 ralph lauren and 2 pairs of levis that were dirt cheap but still look brand new to this day and that was 5 years ago.
  • Options
    We are off to Belek in Turkey on 24th June ( I want to be out of the country for my 30th - then it can come and go without too much fuss!) and have been advised by friends to not take Euros - the Turkish Lira (sp) is what they are prefering to use at the moment - but take Sterling and change it up out there (Better exchange rate)

We aren't taking much money as we are going All Inclusive, but as Adamtheaddick said - the market in Turkey are great!

Not much help with what you were asking but Hope you have a great time.

:o)
  • Options
    i hated marmaris when i went and that was about 1995. shit hotel, tiny beach. nothing but cheap eat places and kareoke bars... and getting hassle of the local turkish men calling you a "sexy bugger" in a northern accent?? what?

put me off ever going to turkey again. but again you're a student an cheap eats and kareoke might be for you! :-)
  • Options
    Marmaris is ok, a bit touristy and concrete, but some good bars on "Bar Street".

If you go in high summer expect the beaches to be crowded and everything to be that much more expensive.

On the plus side I'd recommend doing a bit of scuba diving/boating.

Also look into day trips to Pamukkale:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamukkale

and Ephesus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephesus
  • Options
    I'm going to Turgutreis in June all inclusive, did you know that you have to have a crisp new £10 note (each) in order to enter Turkey - not a lot of people know that!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, same as it was 12 years ago when we went to Marmaris, so you are getting better value in real terms for your tenner...
  • Options
    Marmaris and Iclemer are very nice, you should try Bukkakke too
  • Options
    Come to think of it, I might see you at the airport Stu of HU16
  • Options
    I'm sure that will attract a few jokes about me being easy to spot from the resident morons like medders n co ;-)
  • Options
    I'm off to Oludeniz in Turkey in August. Anybody been ?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Oludeniz is stunning -- small payment gets you onto private beach which I think would be worth the fee in Summer--we went last year (this time of year easter)-- if you are into leaping off cliffs with a parachute attatched they do that too (no joke) -- absolutely stunning scenery there.
  • Options

Yep nicest place in turkey for a couple
    Very quiet and very pretty
    Some realy nice restaurants
    Doesn't realy feel like turkey

• Options
    iclemer 15 mins down the road is much nicer, fantastic bay/beach and some great bars/restuarants - not been for a few years but always found turkey to be excellent price wise
  • Options
    Sam lloyd said:

I'm going to Turgutreis in June all inclusive, did you know that you have to have a crisp new £10 note (each) in order to enter Turkey - not a lot of people know that!!

The £10 note thing has now changed, you have to apply for an e-visa online which costs $20 (about £13) but if you don't have the visa it will cost you a crisp new £20 note. I'm going to Lara Beach in Antalya (all inclusive) in 3 weeks.
  • Options
    Can't get any where better value than Blackpool sorry mean marmaris
    Lots of very cheap resturants and bars and loads and loads of snide shops
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iclemer 15 mins down the road is much nicer, fantastic bay/beach and some great bars/restuarants - not been for a few years but always found turkey to be excellent price wise

Seconded !

• Options

Yes - it's fab!

Tip: don't walk along the grassy bits behind the sand in front of the restaurants/bars on the front, as that is where they land!!

I have so many pics of the mountains with tiny specs (paragliders) floating down to the bay. We also paid a small amount to go up to the private bay - not that the main beach wasn't nice, but the one you pay for is like a lagoon and there are refreshments etc there so you can spend the day there and walk back when the sun goes behind the mountain.

one of the best holidays we've had in recent years. all of the waiters in the bars/restaurants were men - trying to position women in front of tv with back to the football - sneaky! lively on the 'strip' of an evening but not ott. nice for cocktails. some with kareoke, but also easily avoidable. the bread things that lots of the restaurants serve are amazing too! massive hollow bloomers dipped in garlic butter.

ahhh v jealous.

• Options
    LOVE Turkey- I'm off to Hotel Destina in Ovacik (all inclusive) in June for 8 nights & yes Wright6679 my Visa has been sorted ;-))
  • Options
    Carter said:

Thought people would be all over that one Carter! ;-)
  • Options
    We've been. Not all that quiet, but was fun to watch the paragliders. We did a jump too and it was fantastic floating down slowly for 25 minutes but then I crashed into a wastebin! Very lucky not to break anything (bar the bin!). Plenty of walking in the area, but expect it to be very hot and most restaurants to have exactly the same menu!
  • Options
    Went to Olu Deniz 3 times with my ex missus, had a great time everytime we went, despite it being with her.

Playing golf in Antalya first week of June!
  • Options
    Isn't this where St George used to go on his holidays?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Carter said:

Thought people would be all over that one Carter! ;-)
    Can get a bit sticky there though Carter.