Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff City

How many times will the FAW let them off? After the referee was assaulted in their match v Swansea, Cardiff will not face any charges.

the FAW writes: "After taking all matters into consideration, the FA of Wales has determined formal action against Cardiff City on this occasion would not be warranted."

What a surprise!!

They play in our league, so they should be governed by the FA, not their own FAW who are too scared to upset them.

Comments

• Options
    i thought they might shut ninian park down.......
  • Options
    there was somthing on ssn the other day about them wanting to join the FA but the WFA were dragging there heels, there new ground opens soon so if they join the FA they could host england matches as well as welsh games.
  • Options
    thats a disgrace.

but why would international games be played there - its only going to hold about 25,000 fans?
  • Options
    U21 games mate B matches U18's etc, if your in the FA you qualify as a host venue. If there having an ashes match in wales and its ENGLAND v austrlaia then they will be able to do it for football too.
  • Options
    I agree to a certain extent but it's very difficult to impose an appropriate fine on the club when it was one idiot who threw a coin.

Regardless, fining the club is hardly likely to dissuade this type of cowardly football ‘supporter’ from doing the same thing again.

The bloke who chucked the coin was immediately identified by the club and banned for life. I'm not entirely sure what else CCFC could do.

I can't stand the nasty element of supporters at clubs like Cardiff and Millwall but it must be said that their law abiding fans, who are in the majority, really know how to create a passionate atmosphere.

Shame it's ruined by a few t@ssers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]U21 games mate B matches U18's etc, if your in the FA you qualify as a host venue. If there having an ashes match in wales and its ENGLAND v austrlaia then they will be able to do it for football too.

I thought it was the England & Wales cricket board hecne playing games in Wales is quite legit.
  • Options
    Welsh clubs, Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham play in the English Football League. They should be under the control of the English FA. If they don't like that, then they should go and play in the Welsh League.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]Welsh clubs, Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham play in the English Football League. They should be under the control of the English FA. If they don't like that, then they should go and play in the Welsh League.

Perhaps they feel sheepish about that though !
  • Options
    I was at the cardiff v swansea game and lots of cardiff fans were chucking coins loads of people were ejected the club did everything in its power to stop trouble.
    As for the 5 welsh clubs joining the FA of england its a joke, THE 5 CLUBS CANT STAND THE WELSH FA AND ARE DOING EVERYTHING IN THIER POWER TO LEAVE. BUT THE WELSH FA WONT LET THEM its not thier fault. the english fa want them and they want to join. As for cricket its always been england & wales cricket board.
  • Options
    Five clubs ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]Five clubs ??

six spades
  • Options
    cardiff swansea wrexham newport and merthyr tydfil.
  • Options
    What league do Newport and Merthyr play in?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]Five clubs ??

six spades

Ace of Diamonds
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]What league do Newport and Merthyr play in?

Newport are in the same league as Welling (Conference South). Dean Holdsworth is their manager.
    No idea about Merthyr.
  • Options
    merthyr are 1 league below newport.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WelshAddick[/cite]merthyr are 1 league below newport.

nailed on home pre-2013 season friendly.