Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sotogrande - Anyone Been?

DA9DA9
edited May 2009 in Not Sports Related
I'm told it's quite plush, golf courses, polo clubs and marina etc? (probably too posh for the likes of me, but we have a free villa available to use)

Anyone been know of any good bars or pubs etc, cant find anything on the net.

Comments

• Options
    it is great there the main port has some lovley places to eat has a good ol irish pub serving great food and showing sports. there are some real posh places but you wont even find them so no need to worrie about that. the beach is not great but you can drive into marbella, porto banus or any number of costal resorts. you must visit a place called caseras it is a little village up in the hills it is beautifull i will attach a link for you to look at it is a villa me and some friends own but it will give you some idea of sotogrande and the surrounding area. have a great time and take lots of dosh

www.sotograndemarina.eu
  • Options
    cheers IMB

I must admit, I did find a link to Flaheryts (I assume this is the one you mention), but it seems to be the only real pub/bar there?, do you know of any others?
  • Options
    what DA9 means is there an Ibrox bar?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]what DA9 means is there an Ibrox bar?

LOL.....I've got bluenose bars for that :-)
  • Options
    there are a few other bars there but mainly spanish bars you get a lot of people from madrid down there in the summer. it is a great place it does all depend on were you are stayin on sotogrande as it covers a large area. but there are lots of bars around there and some very good bars for men only if you know what i mean
  • Options
    Right, all booked, 2nd week in September, staying in the marina area in a private villa, right next to the nature reserve/water inlet.
  • Options
    Got back today, beautiful villa, lovely marina etc and surrounding areas, but very quiet of an evening, and I like a bit of entertainment when abroad.
    Went upto to La Duquesa a couple of times, which is just up the road, very nice harbour and local restaurants and bars (special mention to the Jolly Sailor pub), also did Gibraltar a couple of times, first time we parked in Spain and walked across, 2nd time drove across, much easier (if a little slower getting across) but parking easy and cheap in Bayside road. Cant recommend Gibraltar highly enough, loved the place, even got the Gibraltar FC away shirt, first time they have sold replicas apparently?

GibrASS0910.gif
  • Options
    In Soto port, if you had gone to Mytillus restaurant/bar there's a good chance you would have seen Hoddle, who lives locally.
  • Options
    I heard its full of grandparents there?
  • Options
    On the contrary - plenty of eye-candy there in the Summer !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You mean you were only five hours away and didn't pop in to see us DA9?

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]You mean you were only five hours away and didn't pop in to see us DA9?

;-)

Fella, if I could have stolen one of the boats I saw in Puerto Banus then I would have done, absolutley stunning place.
  • Options
    if you play golf you are ok courses everywhere all along that stretch of coast .