Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Its Tuesday --- Discuss

Hell/ Heaven ? Do they Exist----------------------Discuss

IMO
* If one does then so does the other.
* Evil exists, but this is in people and dsnt come from a being called Satan.
* My Mrs is a Budist and as i have no religion des that mean in any sort of after life we cant meet ?
* Does that mean i go to hell as i dont have a religion ?
* I believe in God so do i get a pass to heaven ?

Comments

• Options
    I'm going with a simple no
  • Options
    I'm going with a slightly more complex no.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Hell/ Heaven ? Do they Exist
    Discuss

IMO
    * If one does then so does the other.
    * Evil exists, but this is in people and dsnt come from a being called Satan.
    * My Mrs is a Budist and as i have no religion des that mean in any sort of after life we cant meet ?
    * Does that mean i go to hell as i dont have a religion ?
    * I believe in God so do i get a pass to heaven ?

In My humble opinion you are a confused soul but here is how i see it.

* I choose to believe that there is a heaven and no such thing as Hell.
    * Evil exists within man, but this is brought about by the human mind not being able to deal with natural pain and suffering.
    * I am not religious but i believe that there COULD be a point that Science agrees with the ideal of "god"?
    Not sure when or how (p.s not in the way of the Aluminati)
  • Options
    I'm an Addick

My Church is The Valley

My God varies from season to season.

My devil incarnate is the orange tosser up the road.

The punishment for my sins is relegation.

Still; could be worse.
  • Options
    I just laughed at a Peter Andre / Jordan joke so I hope there isn't a "Hell" or I am headed straight there...in a handbasket!
  • Options
    Religion is just a way of controlling the fear of the unknown and our ultimate end. Problem is that whilst the ideals it spouts (in most cases) are valid concepts, they seem to exploit and need to dominate those that fall under their spell.

Oh and Swisdom was that the joke about what they are missing about their relationship?
  • Options
    The sun is out and its still raining, wots that all about jesus, discuss..........
  • Options
    would be good to think it did

i believe in both but not as the bible view more like two places we divide spirits into

you dont need to be religious to go to either just who you are and treat people

also i suppose i believe as a bit of a banker just incase there is someone divi us up

generally i treat folk how i would like to be treated.......dont need a religion for that
  • Options
    "don't wanna walk or talk about jesus, just wanna see his face....."
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The human mind sees everything in duality, rather than as an absolute single dimension.

Hence: the duality of hot and cold, for example - otherwise we could not measure hot water if we didn't have the concept of cold water. It would be just water or whatever.

Loads of examples: male/female, here/there, wet/dry, summer/winter, day/night, and so on, etc .

Heaven and Hell ... ? Just represents in the mind the duality of good and bad, positive or negative, 'up in heaven' or 'down in hell'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hell is in the Falls, Heaven is up the Shankhill Road
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I just laughed at a Peter Andre / Jordan joke so I hope there isn't a "Hell" or I am headed straight there...in a handbasket!

Anything to do with a garden shed?

:-)
  • Options
    IMHO

We go round once so make the best of it while you are here. There is no afterlife but the good and bad we do lives on after us.

My actions ("sins" if you like) are my own and belong to me. I have to take responsibility for them.

Charlton is not a religion but live, love, laugh and be happy is a good enough philosophy to get through the only life we have.
  • Options
    come on post the hell bringing joke...
  • Options
    Just PM'd you Dazzler
  • Options
    lol is all i can say
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Charlton is not a religion but live, love, laugh and be happy is a good enough philosophy to get through the only life we have.

Charlton was hardly heaven this season.

But it was certainly Hell.

;o)
  • Options
    As said above The Valley is my church and believe the Messiah is found there, I have heard said many a time on match day's, "JESUS CHRIST Parkinson" sort it out ;)
  • Options
    If hell didn't exist then how could the devil have all the best tunes?
  • Options
    "Don't you, eh, pass judgment on other people, or you might get judged yourself."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The devil has already won, if not how come Millwall and Chelsea are off to Wembley and we are off to Carlisle...

In answer to the original question - no - made up by people trying to control other people.