Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Battle for Middle Earth

On TV tonight. Its the story of the battle of Stamford Bridge and the march from Nothumberland to face the Norman army at The Battle of Hastings . As told from the perpective of 3 Anglo saxons. Might be worth a viewing.

Comments

• Options
    Meh, no Orcs, Elves or Hobbits involved.
  • Options
    Its what the Anglo Saxons called England (i think).Tolkin probably knew that.
  • Options
    time channel?
  • Options
    4 at 9pm I think...very Tolkienesque title...Ive heard all the jokes chaps for those of you who know my surname....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]4 at 9pm I think...very Tolkienesque title...Ive heard all the jokes chaps for those of you who know my surname....

What are you a Baggins or a hobbit?
  • Options
    Well I dont have the hairy feet.....
  • Options
    missed last night is it worth watching on computer............?
  • Options
    I enjoyed it, not a hollywood style production but enjoyable costume drama telling the build up to the Battle of Hastings through the eyes of a few people. Nice and bloody, with good subtitle thingies to tell you where all the info came from.
  • Options
    Was ok. Be intresting to see if they tell the story after Hastings and show The Normans trying to ethnically clean the Anglo Saxons from history.
  • Options
    The first one was quite well made , good to see they didn't over do the computer graphics.

Walking from Sussex to Yorshire, that was quite amazing . As usual it kicked of at Stamford Bridge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    200 miles up a dirt path through woods (now the path of the A1) in 4 days to fight the Vikings....... And then back again to face the Normans

Quite something
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]200 miles up a dirt path through woods (now the path of the A1) in 4 days to fight the Vikings....... And then back again to face the Normans

Quite something

Yep, a real fixture clash. Who the hell organises these things?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]missed last night is it worth watching on computer............?

Yes. If only for the bit under the bridge. (Brought tears to my eyes).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]200 miles up a dirt path through woods (now the path of the A1) in 4 days to fight the Vikings....... And then back again to face the Normans

Quite something

Yep, a real fixture clash. Who the hell organises these things?

The FA.
  • Options
    Sad---- but then again sorta knew how it would end !

The Normans left 5,000 Anglo Saxon bodies unburried for 10 years on Battle Hill. King Harold was beheaded -- gutted and had his gonads cut off.

King William took half the country for himself and the rest was divided up beteen the church and the 190 Norman Barons . Today one ffth of the country is still owned by their decendants.