Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst advert of all time

I think most adverts these days are shite, tbh - they all seem to have the same f***ing annoying music: either a stupid prat warbling along out of key to an acoustic guitar, some acapella bullshit wailed by a woman with throat ulcers or a crappy cover of a classic song done by some tool who's just won pop idol or something.

However, I think I have finally found the advert to top all other adverts. Its that one for a mobile phone company (I can't even remember which one) with Pink 'singing' Hey Jude into a microphone with ten thousand twats crammed into Trafalgar Square doing a shabby acapella karaoke. Deliberately spiteful. Not a single person I've spoken to thinks its anything other than f***ing annoying.

Anybody else got any personal hates advert-wise?

Comments

• Options
    Someone clearly likes it Leroy.
  • Options
    Mr Angry strikes again!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Almost to many to mention, but one that will get me riled is one for some fabric softener (can't remember which) where a little woman who so delicate you'd think she'd snap- rolls under a billowing bed sheet on a bed of pillows accompanied by some ghastly waif like warbling songstress- coming over all worthy with a vocal so feeble that she is barely audible.At the end of it the tumbling woman pulls a mong like face almost as if to celebrate the fact that despite being only 4 stone and feather thin she can actually move without setting fire to her own bones. TV destroying stuff.
  • Options
    I was "invited" to the T-Mobile one in Trafalger Square 'cause I've been with them for over 10 years (started when it One-2-one).
    Gave it amiss...............
  • Options
    Almost every car advert ever made.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cipollini[/cite]Almost every car advert ever made.

Good call!
  • Options
    Any perfume advert - pretentious is not the word!

(Why has this been sunk? Surely not because there was a similar thread almost two years ago? Fug me, if that's the case I will expect never to see another "parkinson must go" thread then!)
  • Options
    This is a great thread. Can't it be pumped full of polystyrene balls and re-floated?
    The worst ones ever are those where the MD of a company is so big-headed they have to be the ad themselves. Victor Kiam's are the obvious choice, but there was an even worse set a few years back from some complete nobody fronting a VW dealership. I think Branson might have done one or two of these in his time.
    Any insurance ad, with the exception of Compare the Meerkat.
    Daz doorstep challenge.
  • Options
    C'mon guys !
    Refloat this please !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Actually - why WAS this thread sunk?