Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eminem on Jonathan Ross

Ok so you can tell he's american for his lack of understanding our humour.

But what a cool bloke he actually is.

My funniest part of the interview

Ross: "So what should i call you marshall? Eminem? Slim shady?"

Eminem (quite fast): "well you can call me marshalloreminem"

Ross: " Ok Marshalloreminem it is"

Eminem (in a yoda accent) : "Yoda you can call me if you like"

Ok so it's probably a had to be there kind of thing but I thought he interviewed really well and he's been sober for over a year now... Congratulations Eminem can't wait for the next tour!

Comments

• Options
    my mate was the warm up act when he played London last
  • Options
    And who is your mate?
  • Options
    Dr Dre?
  • Options
    He was off his nut on the finest by the look of it.
  • Options
    Man's a wnaker
  • Options
    more a seagal fan are you not?
  • Options
    the mans a musical genius imo
  • Options
    Nolly, you know me and SS - we go back a long way. We're like brothers, only closer than that.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]my mate was the warm up act when he played London last[/quote]

rolf harris?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]And who is your mate?[/quote]

Blade he was with Mark B at the time

Also supported Stereo Mc's

His is the theme tune on Soccer AM

Been on never mind the buzzcocks as well as a few others

He played cage Rage and done the entrance track for Mark The Beast Epstein as well
    A tune on a PS1 racing game

Had a top 20 record

Now retired
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rap...what a fooking bore!
  • Options
    I think the man is a complete genius. Listen to his Marshall Mathers LP and you will see what I mean.
  • Options
    carts

tgose 2 albums he bought out one after the other i cant think of the other name go down as some of the finest that i own when nljr is old enough i will chuck them on his ipod

never thought i would like the albums at first but they were the bollox
  • Options
    A good (if slightly disturbed) way of spending an afternoon is in a darkened room with his back catalogue on the stereo with just a bottle of whisky for company.
  • Options
    jeesus bud you wouldnt be safe to walk the streets after listening to that and a bottle of whisky

very dark but very very well done fair play to him there are not many songs about killing your wife that could be that enjoyable
  • Options
    Have to agree with me 2 main dudes carter and NLA, i don't really like that sort of music, and i don't listen to anything similar, but yep them albums these 2 talk about are awesome.
  • Options
    I used to love it back in teh 80's but to be honest i cant stand teh music makes me want to vomit everytime i hear it

I can still stomach some of the older stuff mid 80's but that is it
  • Options
    Lefty you mean early to mid 80's hip hop, proper stuff like public enemy, biz markie, run dmc grandmaster flash, slick rik, sugarhill gang, NWA?? Thats what proper hip hop is.

IMO of course.

Hate hip hop and r and b now tho, its shite.
  • Options
    Most 'r&b' is like musical AIDS. Flo Rida??
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Lefty you mean early to mid 80's hip hop, proper stuff like public enemy, biz markie, run dmc grandmaster flash, slick rik, sugarhill gang, NWA?? Thats what proper hip hop is.

IMO of course.

Hate hip hop and r and b now tho, its shite.[/quote]

Most of teh above but not NWA hate them thats when Hip hop went down hill

Fearless Four
    Triple Threat MC's
    Mc Shan
    Roxanne Shante
    Funky 4 Plus 1
    Captain Rock
    Hashim

NWA killed it for me the starts of the mass use of teh N word and Bitches ho's etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Have to agree with me 2 main dudes carter and NLA, i don't really like that sort of music, and i don't listen to anything similar, but yep them albums these 2 talk about are awesome.

Gotta agree most of the new stuff is crap. I will happily listen to any of the following:
    NOTORIOUS BIG
    SUGAR HILL GANG - RAPPER'S DELIGHT (only one really)
    EMINEM (earlier stuff)
    DR DRE (earlier stuff)

anything modern is pretty crap although i do like "lose yourself" by eminem too!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]NWA killed it for me the starts of the mass use of teh N word and Bitches ho's etc

I'm not a particular fan of them, but at least NWA had something to say and were commenting on social issues, but it was done in a graphic way. There was value to some of their music and lyrics. A lot of rap music today seems to have kept the graphic stuff but doesn't actually have anything worthwhile to say. Then the more success you have, the more money you make and the less relevant, interesting things you have to put in your music. Then you make love songs with R&B singers.

Dr Dre is a good example though. He went from telling people not to do drugs in Express Yourself to releasing chronic 2001. He had nothing to say anymore so relied on this weed smoking, violent, womanising persona when in reality he's a rich married man with kids.

There is still some good stuff out there though, but it's a bit harder to find.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]NWA killed it for me the starts of the mass use of teh N word and Bitches ho's etc

Dr Dre is a good example though. He went from telling people not to do drugs in Express Yourself to releasing chronic 2001. He had nothing to say anymore so relied on this weed smoking, violent, womanising persona when in reality he's a rich married man with kids.

Great point Dre was great when he started out but as you say what he rapped about suddenly became so hypocriticle (sp?) on the release of chronic, happen all too often these days.
  • Options
    Eminem's a great rapper, I wish he wouldn't do some many comic tracks and stick to the serious stuff.

The worse thing to happen to rap music was the whole east v west thing that deathrow created. Listen to tu-pac's hit 'em up and tell me the whole thing wasn't stupid.
  • Options
    Up in Smoke Tour is a very good watch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Eminem's a great rapper, I wish he wouldn't do some many comic tracks and stick to the serious stuff.

The worse thing to happen to rap music was the whole east v west thing that deathrow created. Listen to tu-pac's hit 'em up and tell me the whole thing wasn't stupid.
    on the other side listen to BIG's "Who Shot ya" it was stupid. It is known(or thought) by many that BIGGIE did not kill nor did he assault Tupac BUT Biggie was killed in an act of revenge by Tupac's "Gang"
  • Options
    Did you know Dr Dre was in the World Class Wreckin Crew and wore make up and nail varnish
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Eminem's a great rapper, I wish he wouldn't do some many comic tracks and stick to the serious stuff.

on the other side listen to BIG's "Who Shot ya" it was stupid. It is known(or thought) by many that BIGGIE did not kill nor did he assault Tupac BUT Biggie was killed in an act of revenge by Tupac's "Gang"
    They always denied the who shot ya song was a dis, unlike hit 'em up which was as blatant as you can get. You're right though, the whole thing was pathetic and resulted in 2 deaths.
  • Options
    Them two getting shot was arguably the best career move they made
  • Options
    Big fan of the Marshall Mathers LP. It was really original and as other people have said, genius.

But his last few albums, including the one he's about to release, are terrible in my opinion. He's gone from being in a league of his own in terms of individuality, to rapping on Akon tracks. Lost his edge as soon as the money started rolling in. Maybe he's just not as angry as he used to be.