Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question Night

Anyone see it ?
Of course whoever was on it was going to get grief re the MPs troughing.

A couple of things though --- who in Gods name is advising The Labour Party ? id have a good look at that as it must be a Tory. Magret Becket (boy she wasnt at front of que when good looks where given out) starts off hugely arogant and dismissive, says the reason she "made a mistake" with her expences was "she was busy at the time and didnt pay much attention" errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so how come its to much and not to little ? I must try that with the Tax Man myself.

All the MPs said that this hoooooo haaaaaaaaaaaa is taking momentum away from tackling "bigger and more important things that they should be dealing with" --WRONG 100% WRONG if we the voters now cant have the belief in our MPS re a small issue of cheating on their expences why and how should we have confidence that they can handle any other issue in OUR best intrest. -----------------------------GENERAL ELECTION now.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]All the MPs said that this hoooooo haaaaaaaaaaaa is taking momentum away from tackling "bigger and more important things that they should be dealing with" --WRONG 100% WRONG if we the voters now cant have the belief in our MPS re a small issue of cheating on their expences why and how should we have confidence that they can handle any other issue in OUR best intrest.

Covers it for me, absolutely right!
  • Options
    ooo yes call one now........cant wait to vote.this shower out........it beggars belief the more you read the more they keep trying to defend their two faced double standards and greed.......
  • Options
    I did laugh at the bit when David said to Magaret Beckett that she had been fingered by The Telegraph in the last couple of days.

£65K a year, ain't bad when you don't have to spend it, as you can claim for everything. £400 a month on food with no reciepts needed.
  • Options
    probably the only time she has been mate .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]ooo yes call one now........cant wait to vote.this shower out........it beggars belief the more you read the more they keep trying to defend their two faced double standards and greed.......

To be replaced by another shower ...............first time ever I have no intentions of voting.
  • Options
    Going to vote for party opposite to the normal lot........one cos i want to vote for them and two it may give the normal shower a cold one !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]All the MPs said that this hoooooo haaaaaaaaaaaa is taking momentum away from tackling "bigger and more important things that they should be dealing with" --WRONG 100% WRONG if we the voters now cant have the belief in our MPS re a small issue of cheating on their expences why and how should we have confidence that they can handle any other issue in OUR best intrest.

Covers it for me, absolutely right!
    Makes me chuckle. They don't seem too keen on TRIALS IN THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION all of a sudden. Thieving scum, (almost) the lot of them.
  • Options
    Whether the election is called now or next year the result will be the same.

So meet our next leaders. Cameron is back second left I believe.

CameronEton_228x205.jpg

Bunch of public school tosspots!
  • Options
    Someone made a good point that it is NOT the system, and that (like anyone self employed) the "honourable" members should only claim what is wholly tied to their work - Personally think MPs should be made to pay capital gains tax on any property they've claimed against when they sell as they have stated it's not a main residence

Not defending any of this but did anyone stop to think why the Torygraph paid £300K for this information - something to do with the fact that a partial recovery is on its way in time for the next election - Cameron has completely failed to exploit the recession and only the Lib Dems have offered credible alternatives.

So when the time comes to vote let's weigh up everything
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    if you get pulled for fraud,don't worry about it and just say sorry. you can't get done then and it'll all be ok in a few weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    What worries me is that because of some the excesses by some individuals that have been exposed, people are going to say "a plague on all your houses!" and vote for hitherto fringe/extreme parties. Unfortunately though for me it's a bit like at the start of WW2, people saying, "I've had enough of that Tory appeaser Neville and his cronies. I know lets vote for Oswald Moseley and his Hitler supporting mates!"

In my view, two wrongs never, ever make a right!

Let them revise the system of expenses so it is totally transparent but do it quickly! (If necessary a quick fix pending a more permanent one in future).

In the meantime I think there should be a general election called now, those involved can chose to stand or stand down and take their chances at the ballot box. This will lance the boil now, get rid of the poisonous individuals and renew the process without it dragging on until next year and dragging decent politicians down with the bad ones. It will also help to avoid too much swinging to the extremes.

Will Brown call an election? Well he should because the longer this drags on the worse it will get for him and for Labour. Frankly given his lack of political nous, I suspect he'll try to tough it out and go down to a worse defeat with far greater repercussions for the democratic process.
  • Options
    I would like to know does anyone know an mp close like mate or family.......or went to school with........are they a bad bunch or have just get caught up in the flow of ducking and diving of course many are proberly good sound folk but each day the numbers do seem to be creeping up.

I wonder if its a case of seeing you boos at it and thinking aaa balls i may as well have some of it..........to think they may have been doing this for years......and as for the Speaker do the good thing and resign as a principle.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Whether the election is called now or next year the result will be the same.

So meet our next leaders. Cameron is back second left I believe.

CameronEton_228x205.jpg

Bunch of public school tosspots!

There was a C4 programme on him a while back if i remeber correctly called "the trouble with Dave"

Anyone see it??

Very eye opening...
  • Options
    At the moment the last thing I want is a general election only because for the first time in my life I wouldn't have a clue who to vote for. None of them did anything to stop the current economic situation occuring for instance which might have swayed me to give them a go instead. Clueless, (mostly) self interested and basically just interested in what's popular and goes down well with the media not what might be the right thing to do.

Without a feasible alternative it's no wonder turnouts are at record lows.
  • Options
    GH I can't believe you are suggesting policiticans might be out of touch, whatever next sincere estate agents??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]ooo yes call one now........cant wait to vote.this shower out........it beggars belief the more you read the more they keep trying to defend their two faced double standards and greed.......

To be replaced by another shower ...............first time ever I have no intentions of voting.

I've just seen your name and "shower" in the same message and had a horrible flashback from Wigan.
  • Options
    raz there is out of touch and out of touch. All of em and The Speaker.

In this nanny state where they TELL us what we can do and FINE us if we dont they truely cant see how sh*t this is and how much damage their greed has done.

I was very well paid in Qatar, i could also have claimed for 3 meals a day but (i only eat one at home and sandwichs) i only ever claimed for 1 meal a day.Not sure if i was a mug or just not as greddy as i should have been.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    not defending any MPs but I would say that having done a small amount of expenses I can see why a lot of them would be a right pain in the arse. I also often rely on my boss to reject things sometimes, rather than ensure I always get them 100%.

I think there needs to be an investigation which distinguishes errors, etc from fraud. Those comitting Fraud should resign or be sacked as MPs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]
    I was very well paid in Qatar, i could also have claimed for 3 meals a day but (i only eat one at home and sandwichs) i only ever claimed for 1 meal a day.Not sure if i was a mug or just not as greddy as i should have been.

what would have happened if you had put in bogus lunch and extra claims and then got caught?
  • Options
    looking at some of the cases you can see the MP have pressured the civil servants no end .... they knew they where trying it on and when got caught arm twisting started its the old boy girls club....and what winds me up is that the labour party use to give it big about sleaze........i just wonder what else lies under various stones...........even the case of those two labour Lords asking for money to influence actions...........and the Tories knew they where at it but they didnt want to stop the same Gravy Train there where on........toot toot !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about cash for questions, which is far worse - bribery for voting, people didn't seem quite so irate about all that.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2009
    450 years ago, a bloke called Cromwell said this:

"It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonoured by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice.

"Ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

"Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you
    have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth? Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

"Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves become the greatest grievance. Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given me, I am now come to do. I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place; go, get you out!

"Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors. In the name of God, go!"
  • Options
    Some things never change!
  • Options
    Things really were rotten in them days tho