Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Octoberfest '09...

am just looking at going with a group of mates to this years Octoberfest.. has anyone been ? I heard it was brilliant and well worth going for a weekend

Comments

• Options
    i went on a hen weekend. fekking ace. we went for the weekend but only did one full day at the fest.

What a brilliant brilliant day... and i drank shandies all day (still strong) and was still refused entry at a nightclub about midnight.

What a laugh.
  • Options
    Went a few years ago ... totally brilliant time.

The tents are enormous, more like big buildings, beer is in large steins, food pretty good but you don't care after a while, and the oompahh bands in some of the tents are a good laugh.

Do not miss it!
  • Options
    Sounds great so not just blokes then ... even better. I ve checked out the site and it looks brilliant. Think I ll sort out a Friday to Sunday trip
  • Options
    Not just blokes no. Tho there werent large groups of females. I do remember us pink ladies standing out in the crowd. and being groped by the very drunk italians. nasty.

Those german women that serve the beer up can also act as bouncers. i think adam has a photo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Those german women that serve the beer up can also act as bouncers. i think adam has a photo.

You do NOT want to get on the wrong side of one of those frauleins!
  • Options
    was in munich for the world cup, loved it.
  • Options
    oktobergirlsstacked.jpg

Oktoberfest.jpg

oktoberfest-girls.jpg

oktoberfest-express.jpg

wheres my passport....
  • Options
    er no adam... thats not what they looked like when i was there.
  • Options
    you must have gone a while ago as these lasses were in all my mates pics last year (girls dressed like that not actually those ones)
  • Options
    mmmmmh thats it I m going.... apparently they even get prettier after each liter.

Got to make sure that a mate stays home and acts as a pretty / fugly juge and juges every phone pic that is sent to him....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i love german women its a dark secret i would like to share with the group.. a long weekend in freemantle when i was in oz with no jokes.. Olga... i bloody loved her hey ho.. as carter would say onwards and upwards..
  • Options
    I've been. It was awesome. I was ruined.

That's all you need to know!
  • Options
    Looks good. When is it?
  • Options
    I went last year, got through 6/7 steins and came out completely battered.

Half our lot didnt get into the club afterwards.

And some of the women are as fit as those photos, well after 6/7 steins anyway.
  • Options
    19 sept to 7th october >> http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/

couple beer tents >> http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/03/

thats it I m going
  • Options
    going this yr aswel, my m8's 30th, well looking forward to it, should be reet laugh
  • Options
    You might miss a classic, like Exeter City at home or Wycombe Wanderers away. Can you really justify going to Munich with such potential excitement at CAFC?

Seriously Munich is a great city (I was there last August) and the Oktoberfest is fantastic. It's years since I went and I would love another visit. Long flight from here though but it is our low season. Hmmm.................................
  • Options
    Went many years ago and had a really good time.

Many of the Munich families come out as well and with the funfair and oompah bands its just friendly and great fun.

Think my rendition of 2 World Wars and 1 World Cup at 3 in the morning in a Munich bar was not my finest hour but then I had been drinking since 10.30 in the morning.

Have a great time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Looks good. When is it?

Think its in November mate ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The only slight disappointment is that its now becoming an all ticket affair if you want to be there in the evening.