Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should I be Worried..

Right, well im a bloke.. big bloke too 6 foot 3, 17 stone plus.. like a pint or 12 at the weekend smoke tabs love a curry and the odd scrap when called into action.. so was watching TV last night with the missus and an advert comes on for Bulmers Pear Cider... "Umm quite fancey trying that" comes out of my mouth.... am i turning metro sexual or is it complety fine to sample such liquid without fear of being called a Benny... Havnt drunk cider since a nasty episode down by the thames barrier when i was 15 over dosed on TNT cider..not pretty. Quite tempted to stop at the offy on the way home after work tomoz pick up a couple of bottles fill the pint glass with ice as i see is the custom and enjoy... Is this fine or should i stick to the now customary 6 Stellas for a Fiver from the Offy?

pint.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Give cider a try - You might like it...

I prefer Lager still to be fair!
  • Options
    You'll be debating the rights and wrongs of clubbing in Brighton next.

Stick to your stella.
  • Options
    You gonna wash it down with a Babycham chaser!!

Come on buddy - man up! Drink a real man's drink....now, where'd I put my Campari and orange juice
  • Options
    go all in adam.
    get both you're 6 for a fiver nelsons, and the pear cider.
    create a snakebite with the ingredients and report back tomorrow.
  • Options
    adam don't do it i tried it the other day definitely not one for the taste buds
  • Options
    there's nothing wrong with bulmers or magners when the weather's turning good!

you alredy want the bulmers... going into denial and drinking stella won't make any difference so you might as well give it a try!
  • Options
    Anything called 'Pear Cider' is not even proper pear cider, Adam.
    More like flavoured aviation fuel.

In fact, the proper name for proper Pear cider is Perry, which is actually made from pears, strangely.

They can't call a chemical concoction artificially flavoured with another cocktail of chemicals, Perry ...... so the marketing men came up with 'Pear Cider'.

So all the gullible kids buy the marketing campaigns and think it's cool.
    If only they knew what they were drinking, lol
  • Options
    Litmus test would you order it in pub with mates ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]Litmus test would you order it in pub with mates ?

god no mate, i hate that advert with the blokes drinking WKD... i have and have never drunk that shite any bloke i saw drinking an 'alco pop' would deffo give a wide swerve too.
  • Options
    Urgh *spit*. Give me proper cider any day of the week.

Mmm and now I've got a craving for Weston's Old Rosie, and you can't get that round here. Thanks Adam.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Few pubs up town do old rosie and think one local like drop of westons organic myself
    Or few brewed local. And one called magic bus
    Which may be at geeenwixh beer fest
    Adam just bowl in and order one and take the flack like a new age man
  • Options
    It hink it's maybe worth the experiment as long as a) you buy it with other, real, drinks and, b) you don't drink it over ice, really - what's that all about ?!?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]Litmus test would you order it in pub with mates ?

god no mate, i hate that advert with the blokes drinking WKD... i have and have never drunk that shite any bloke i saw drinking an 'alco pop' would deffo give a wide swerve too.

Nothing wrong with WKD in a club as it's that or wine now in my local clubs - taste like crap and doesn't get you drunk!
  • Options
    Cider should only be drunk if it's brought as a result of passing a handwritten notice outside someones garage, is strictly a cash deal and it comes in 5ltr plastic container that previously contained fabric conditioner. Anyone drinking anything else, especially if they add ice to it, is a right poofter IMO.
  • Options
    Pear cider is nice but the best one without a doubt is Swedish called Kopperberg which is widely available and sold in JD Wetherspoons.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You're turning gay mate, pear cider?
    It has to be scrumpy with big lumps in the bottom or nothing!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]Cider should only be drunk if it's brought as a result of passing a handwritten notice outside someones garage, is strictly a cash deal and it comes in 5ltr plastic container that previously contained fabric conditioner. Anyone drinking anything else, especially if they add ice to it, is a right poofter IMO.

I cut a just such a deal on 5 litres of the stuff through a farmhouse window near Cheddar Gorge in Somerset, although I think the vessel previously contained Diesel rather than fabric conditioner. As with most things that get bought on holiday, I put it in a cupboard and forgot about it, a couple of weeks later it had settled, giving four inches of sediment.

My personal recommendation is Merrydown Sussex cider, as endorsed by the legendary 80's band Peter and the Test
    Tube Babies. You may develop a Dennis the Menace tattoo by drinking too much like the lead singer did, but that's just a side effect.
  • Options
    Ice just waters it down surely.
  • Options
    That Weston's organic cider is the business........

You won't stomach the chemical substitutes ever again.
  • Options
    17 stone. I'm 16 1/4 so what does that make you. : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]17 stone plus..

bless him his eyes must be fading... ;-)
  • Options
    It's nice on a sunny day but a bit like internet filth and Wii Fit it is not for any kind of public consumption. In fact if one of your mates makes a similar announcement round on him mercilessly. Go and buy him a cocktail and get them to put lots of umbrellas and sparklers into it, spend the whole night making a camping WOOO noise whenever he opens his mouth. Basically imagine he's come into the pub wearing skinny jeans and a trilby and go from there.

Being a man is difficult sometimes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]17 stone plus..

bless him his eyes must be fading... ;-)

Plus how much though.

They are actually. Got my first pair of reading glasses last month aged 47.
  • Options
    I thought you were older than that, Henry ......

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Plus how much though.

that would be more for a whisper mate, more than 17 but less that 22....

fat%20man.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I thought you were older than that, Henry ......

;o)

I am. 48 now but none of you remembered my birthday, you bastards.

more than 17 less than 22. That's more like it. The first step is to admit you have a problem : - )

Me 103k, 1.94 cm = BMI of 27.4

BMI Normal = 18.5 to 24.9

BMI Overweight = 25 to 29.9

BMI Obese 30 or greater.
  • Options
    my BMI: 32.5 christ.... oh well..

obesity.jpg
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with a spot of Bulmers/Magners, often drink it in the Lib as the larger is w*nk.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]Nothing wrong with a spot of Bulmers/Magners, often drink it in the Lib as the larger is w*nk.

Stu, have you been in the Spider's Web nightclub in Hull?
    Go pass it when visiting suppliers, it looks a lovley place from the outside.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Stu, have you been in the Spider's Web nightclub in Hull?
    Go pass it when visiting suppliers, it looks a lovley place from the outside.

Spiders is awesome, vodka under a pound a shot, beer £1.50.

Friday night is very, very heavy metal, saturday less so.

They also do a drink that has 6 shots, topped with lemonade and ice for £4 in a pint glass.

Besst place to get wasted beyond belief in Hull, bar maybe Welly.