Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elliot Morley

Why hasn't this MP been charged for fraud - just as any other 'benefit cheat' that is caught.

He should be immediately sacked and dragged out of Parliament by the rozzers. An absolute bloody disgrace.

Comments

• Options
    'I made a mistake'

Bolox, it's fraud and he has to be charged.
  • Options
    What did he claim for then?
  • Options
    Is this the same bunch of MPs that were baying for Fred Goodwin to face charges for accepting a pension that they agreed to award him?
  • Options
    It is fraud, it's just like a benefit cheat claiming rent or mortgage interest payments, so why should he be any different?

Dodgy name by BTW :D
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]What did he claim for then?
    Allegedly......16k worth of mortgage interest on a mortgage that had been paid off.
  • Options
    All MP's are bent. Bunch of idiots.
  • Options

He claimed £16,000 for a mortgage that had been paid off. He said it was a 'genuine mistake'

Yeah, right
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]

He claimed £16,000 for a mortgage that had been paid off. He said it was a 'genuine mistake'

Yeah, right

The thing with that, it's quite feasible, these pillocks are so awash with money through outside deals and expenses, that 16K would not probably register, self serving numpties the lot of them.
  • Options
    One law for the ordinary people.

And one law for MPs.

How could he make a 'mistake'. .... ?

To claim any expenses you need documentation or receipts.
    So there never could be documentation for interest paid - on a mortgage that had already been paid off.

Fraud.
  • Options
    So what action is being taken against him? None i'm guessing?

Same as Hazel Blears, claiming 2nd property allowance against THREE homes. Then when caught out deciding only then to pay Capital gains tax on one of the properties she sold which wasn't her main home. Not good enough i'm afraid. If you try and get away with it, then pay it back when caught and face no further action, where's the deterrent in future?
    She should be sacked. Would we be allowed to get away with that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]So what action is being taken against him? None i'm guessing?

Same as Hazel Blears, claiming 2nd property allowance against THREE homes. Then when caught out deciding only then to pay Capital gains tax on one of the properties she sold which wasn't her main home. Not good enough i'm afraid. If you try and get away with it, then pay it back when caught and face no further action, where's the deterrent in future?
    She should be sacked. Would we be allowed to get away with that?

Look at Mandelson's false claims on his mortgage application afew years back, swept under the carpet.
  • Options
    Remember, it's taxpayers money that they have ........ embezzled.

The law must act.

IThe law would if it was YOU caught cheating.
  • Options
    Never thought I would say this but I for one won`t be voting next time round. I will treat all MPs with same contempt I treat everyone else with. scheming B*stards the lot of them.
  • Options
    Is this a thread we can tick off from 'what will be discussed over summer' ????
  • Options
    They should face trial in court.

Let the judge and jury decide if they are guilty of theft of taxpayers money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Never thought I would say this but I for one won`t be voting next time round. I will treat all MPs with same contempt I treat everyone else with. scheming B*stards the lot of them.

Can't agree with your view. I will be voting for the party that I think will sort this mess out. If everyone took your view then it would leave the way for open for the Greens or the BNP to run the country.
  • Options
    The Greens and the BNP would make a good coalition Government : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]One law for the ordinary people.

And one law for MPs.

How could he make a 'mistake'. .... ?

To claim any expenses you need documentation or receipts.
    So there never could be documentation for interest paid - on a mortgage that had already been paid off.

Fraud.

True, although for me the main issue is that they are allowed to claim expenses (which include major structural works, gardening, lightbulbs etc) for properties that may not be anyplace near the house of commons or their constiuency quite legally. Cannot believe that not one of the filthy little cheats hasn't gone to a newspaper before now and said that this practice is completely wrong. Moral bankrupcy to go with the financial.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Never thought I would say this but I for one won`t be voting next time round. I will treat all MPs with same contempt I treat everyone else with. scheming B*stards the lot of them.

Can't agree with your view. I will be voting for the party that I think will sort this mess out. If everyone took your view then it would leave the way for open for the Greens or the BNP to run the country.

Surely if nobody voted then nobody would get elected at all !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]

Surely if nobody voted then nobody would get elected at all !

I'll re-phrase it...If most people took your view :0p
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliott Morley....has now been suspended by the Labour Party
  • Options
    should be suspended .... by the neck, with Fred Goodwin jerking next to him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]should be suspended .... by the neck, with Fred Goodwin jerking next to him

Not really the same is it?

Fred Goodwin signed a legally binding contract that had been agreed by the Govt. This guy defrauded the people he is supposed to be representing.
  • Options
    lol you are joking Dan of course. the bankers have embezzled billions through their manipulation of those those legally binding contracts!

the bankers have cost us the tax payers a billion times more than the bent Mps.

why do you think this is all being revealed now? because the city's paid work force in the press and parliament etc are attempting to destroy the only people that can get our money back from them and punish them as required.
  • Options
    Goodwin did not commit fraud. Morley did.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Bankers talked up company profits and potential etc and took knowingly bad risks on in order to get bigger bonuses!! That is fraud on a far bigger scale than a few toilet seats and rental payments.

The affects of the MPs is a minor use of public money. the affects of the bankers is millions out of work, homes lost, suicides etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]lol you are joking Dan of course. the bankers have embezzled billions through their manipulation of those those legally binding contracts!

the bankers have cost us the tax payers a billion times more than the bent Mps.

why do you think this is all being revealed now? because the city's paid work force in the press and parliament etc are attempting to destroy the only people that can get our money back from them and punish them as required.

Manipulation of legally binding contracts! LMFAO

How does one manipulate a contract? Its black and white is it not.......

If your employer was to go back on the your contract and you stood your ground would you also be manipulating something or would you be standing up for what is due to you? When we paid off Dowie did he manipulate his contract, despite poor performance or did we unfortunately have to pay him what was legally due to him?

Be that as it may its NOT the same. The banks have not broken any laws, such as fraud for instance. Professionally neglegent perhaps, but its not the same.

Ah yes. That's right. Its the evil bankers manipulating the press into forcing the issue into the limelight and has nothing at all to do with a movement to have this brought into the public domain going back over 4 yrs.

Let me guess. You're a Daily Mail reader?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]Bankers talked up company profits and potential etc and took knowingly bad risks on in order to get bigger bonuses!! That is fraud on a far bigger scale than a few toilet seats and rental payments.
    No its isnt. Its called profiteering, which isnt actually illegal.
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]
    The affects of the MPs is a minor use of public money. the affects of the bankers is millions out of work, homes lost, suicides etc
    And without these banks trading such toxic assets how do you think people would have been able to take on such affordable mortgages in the 1st place.

No offence mate but the World is far more complicated than youre making out and youre coming across as rather alarmist & reactionary.

Go back 400 odd years and its people like you that would say that the only way to prove that a woman wasnt a witch would be to hold her under water. If she survived, then she must be a witch.
  • Options
    When I am in London this weekend, howsabout we get a lynch mob over to Parliament Green?

Honestly - if this shit happened in other countries the HOP would have been burnt down with the tossers in it.

Systematic fraud on the taxpayer - what would happen if we tried it do you think?

Everyone I know (regardless of political opinion) is seriously pissed off about this. The twats in pariliament need to know people feel.

Can't wait for 'Week in Politics' tonight...
  • Options
    Dan start thinking.

you manipulate a contract by falsifying the results that prompt the bonus payments

if you are happy to pursue a few Mps for the low thousands they have taken rather than the bankers for the billions then wow go for it!

I read the Valley Review