Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bono’s ‘bonkers’ poem about Elvis Presley to be broadcast on Radio 4 Tonight

13 minute long poem called American David.

A must listen for all U2 and Elvis fans.

Comments

• Options
    Bono = Twat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Bono = Twat.

that poem doesn't rhyme
  • Options
    To an (ex) drummer it does.
    And, see how much of the "poem" tonight rhymes.
    U2 okay up to Sunday Bloody Sunday, then Bono turned into "Son of God".
  • Options
    Not a big U2 fan. Like some of the Joshua Tree and that's about it. Saw them live before Boy came out and they were very good but most of their stuff leaves me cold. Stadium Rock.

Just thought DA9 would enjoy
  • Options
    They were great with Boy and War, and like Henry I saw them before Boy was released - excellent gig.

Saw them again a few years later and thought they were rubbish. Do not like their stuff at all these days.
  • Options
    Once told my ex-brother in law that Bono was completely up his own arse, wouldn't normally as I knew what to expect but I was under the influence of copious amounts of Jack D . He then proceeded to lecture me on how Bono was a saint and walked on water and probably how he will save us all. I just went back "yeah but he really really is an arse." Sister in law and him broke up soon after.

Oh and he's a Millsmall fan as well.
  • Options
    Your sister in law was with your brother in law? How does that work?
  • Options
    1109_bono_enter.jpg
    Bono didn't break the record he IS the record
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Your sister in law was with your brother in law? How does that work?
    My wife's sister is my sister-in-law, her husband (were she married) would be my brother-in-law. Sorted.
  • Options
    Oh god, Bono......noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paul Weller got it right when he said that you have to have self-confidence to get up on stage, but with Bono it verges on mental illness.

As an occasional guitar twanger myself I've got a lot of time for the Edge, but overall a lot of their stuff is a bit overblown for my tastes.
  • Options
    lol mortimerican... i'd forgotten about that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Your sister in law was with your brother in law? How does that work?

Wifes sister and her husband lol

anywho my first thought was The Palace family ba da da dum ba da da dum
  • Options
    love u2 havent missed a tour since 1984 but i must say bono is losing the plot
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Bono
    Oh no
    You're so
    Sh*t
  • Options
    Blimey Ralph that's brilliant,get in touch with the BBC now ;-)
  • Options
    I dont know one person who likes u2, how they've managed to keep going this long is a mystery to me, absolutely terrible.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The Edge can't play guitar. He just puts his digital delay up to 11 and plays one string. Also, he calls himself The Edge?

But with all the success they've had there's got to be a good songwriter in there somewhere. So I couldn't say I dislike the band. Bono is a twat of course.
  • Options
    One word....

.. NO.
  • Options
    Anyone know how many album sales they've had to date?
    I see them play at Wembly in '93 I thought they could play a bit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh come on guys anyone with half a brain knows their shows rock. They've always been all about the live gig and Yes Bono is an ego driven pretentious twat and probably always has been thats why U2 are where they are today i guess.
  • Options
    I for one think it's great that a few stadium pop stars take time out to tell me what to think. They're much more qualified, having skim read an article in GQ about global warming, for example, than scientists or politicians to comment on the subject. They also give us handy advice about which causes we should support and where we should give our money. Granted, when it comes to paying taxes for the common good the man was off quicker than Lewis Hamilton, but you have to accept that people with lots of money, are special.
  • Options
    "you have to accept that people with lots of money, are special"

McLovin - like your style
  • Options
    I love multi-millionaires telling me how to spend my hard earned pennies...