Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Something that needs to get sorted before the season starts.

We're in LEAGUE ONE not division one! Call in division three if you like, but never division one!

ARRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Comments

• What about 'Tier three'
  • There are four leagues/divisions in the english top flight, and were in the third one, we are a division three club.
  • [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]There are four leagues/divisions in the english top flight, and were in the third one, we are a division three club.

Thats sooooooooooooooooooooooo 90's!!!
  • But true, you cant polish a turd and we are turd division!?
  • Tis true.
  • [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]There are four leagues/divisions in the english top flight, and were in the third one, we are a division three club.

Thats sooooooooooooooooooooooo 90's!!!
    It makes more sense than calling the third tier league one though!

Do you think their aim is to completely remove numbers all together from the league structure?
  • The premiership
    The championship
    The sinkingship
    The abandonship

Like that you mean?
  • [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]The premiership
    The championship
    The sinkingship
    The abandonship

Like that you mean?

Made me laugh, Blood Nutter, nice one!

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]The premiership
    The championship
    The sinkingship
    The abandonship

Like that you mean?

Quality !
  • edited May 2009
    I 'kin hate those corporate tosspots for mangling our language and making it so confusing. They can call it what they like, unfortunately (they have the money and the power), but to me it was, is and always will be the 3rd Division. No amount of semantic contortions can get us away from the the truth as stated by bloodnut. As for "League One", that is the biggest joke of them all. By no measure, other than the fact some bunch of suits call it that, is it a league. It is one section of a league that has exactly the same rules and membership critera as the sections immediately above and below it and where there is a clear route of progression (or regression) through them - that is the very essence of a DIVISION! Wankers!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]We're inLEAGUE ONEnot division one! Call in division three if you like, butneverdivision one!

ARRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

It's the Third Division, regardless of what you want to call it.

We've played there before, and we'll play there again.
    Whatever other people are calling it now - because the Third Division will probably be called something else in a couple of seasons are so.

In the 30's we were runners up in Division One, the 2nd best team in the whole country.
    Who really thinks we're playing in Division One next season .... ?
  • Division three......says it all, you cant dress it up in anyway, shape, or fashion
  • Feels to me like we're defintiely in the Sinkingship...
  • third division tour

lets just hope thats all it is and we dont drop anchor in div 3 bay
  • edited May 2009
    Division three for me and I agree wholeheartedly with Stig.

Premier, meaning 1st/top number 1
    Championship, generally meaning 1st (winning a Championship)
    League 1, the first league could be construed as top of the pile.
    An alien would be confused at all the terms football uses to delineate number. It's all word wanking in the end!

Football League Division Three.
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    An alien would be confused at all the terms football uses to delineate number. It's all word wanking in the end!

PMSL !

:o)