Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

season ticket desertion

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
I have just seen the club poll on season ticket renewal.This means at best the club can expect by the begiing of the season to have only raised 1.5 to 2 million pounds at best from season ticket sales. This betrayal of Charlton by season ticket holders and therefore so called Charlton supporters will force the directors hand into selling are best players during the closed season just to keep the club running, as the club has no overdraft and the current directors no longer have the money to pay the bills out of their own pockets. I have no doubts that this will get the moaners going about the club having no ambition and how terrible the directors are, when it is their own desertion of the club they claim to support that will bring this about, I say shame on you.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Yep shame on me for not having an S.T.

Sorry but wtf?

I cannot feasably afford the luxury of a season ticket. (though I am contemplating it)
  • Options
    Was this the poll on the official site? It must be true then!
  • Options
    I wish I lived in a world where everything was sooo black and white..
  • Options
    Its no more a betrayal, than the performances on the pitch that we have seen for 3 - 4 years. It is unfortunate that ST sales will go down, especially as Clubs like Norwich are quoting 17,000 up take already, but there are many reasons for our loss of ST's. It is a tough old world out there, for those of us out of work. Then there are the Premiership years joiners who were only there for Liverpool and Man U etc,. they have finally given up, unsurprisingly, others who can't get to games, because they may not have lost their jobs, but they have had to accept changed schedules and even pay cuts. The clubs problems now and imminent have not been caused by the fans and to suggest that they have ignores the real facts.
  • Options
    i cant afford one i know people on here who think £250 isnt alot of money but for me and the missus it is, not having a season ticket does not make me any less of a true supporter. I will go to as many home and away games as possible, the missus did say we could sit down over the weekend and see if there was anything we could do to get one. had to save long and hard to fund last saturday and this sunday but i always will be there when i can, we have another mouth to feed now also in Adam the Addick Jnr,,, christ i sound like bob crachet... anywho nevermind. will be there on sunday, if our circimstances change between now and august i will get one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]even pay cuts

That was me this month! Pay cut of nearly £50 pm which is a lot for me, if i like you you already know why this is!
  • Options
    Are you feeling guilty yet Martin?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite] especially as Clubs like Norwich are quoting 17,000 up take already,

Also it helps Norwich that there is no other club near by, so when you consider the size of the area, 17k isn't actually that good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]especially as Clubs like Norwich are quoting 17,000 up take already,

Also it helps Norwich that there is no other club near by, so when you consider the size of the area, 17k isn't actually that good.

I agree with this, and have you ever been to Norwich, not much more to do pal.
  • Options
    is the norwich 17k deffo or is it just enquires.. wonder how many they actually will get, think Ipswich will be a draw next season for any floating Norfolk folk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]I agree with this, and have you ever been to Norwich, not much more to do pal.

once theve got the cows in from the top field. all thats left is killing prosistutes and throwing dead cows on to well known BBC presenters...

alan%20partridge-thumb.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]I agree with this, and have you ever been to Norwich, not much more to do pal.

once theve got the cows in from the top field. all thats left is killing prosistutes and throwing dead cows on to well known BBC presenters...

alan%20partridge-thumb.jpg

Ha ha, exactly.
  • Options
    It's a valid point.

The club needs money. If people decide to not buy a season ticket as a protest, rather than because they can't afford it, then that is their choice and they are fully entitled to spend their money as they wish. But in doing so I do personally think they undermine any complaints they make next season about lack of investment or player sales.

Anyway, when the takeover happens it won't matter anyway : - )
  • Options
    I think his rant is aimed at the people that are not renewing in protest that we are rubbish as opposed to the people that cant afford it.
  • Options
    If I'm honest I have been questioning whether I will renew or not and it certainly isn't as a protest. It comes down to simply whether I have enjoyed going or not and for pretty much this whole season I have not. I have walked out of too many games absolutely miserable and thought this just isn't fun anymore. The financial aspect is completely linked to that also. I'm sure I'll be accused of being a crap fan, disloyal and hats off to those that renew regardless but I'm sure a lot of fans are in a similar position to me. I guess I am leaning at the moment to renewing, the kids ticket offer has influenced me as I plan to start bringing my little boy for the first time and I suppose regardless of how crap it's been this season I am starting to have hope for next year.....jesus, but at this point it's not an automatic decision for me.
  • Options
    No one should feel forced to do anything.

For some going to football is a leisure activity, and if you're not enjoying it then you shouldn't feel forced to pay for something you don't enjoy.

For others, it goes beyond a leisure activity and is a part of their life. Those are the ones barring money issues will renew regardless.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]I have just seen the club poll on season ticket renewal.This means at best the club can expect by the begiing of the season to have only raised 1.5 to 2 million pounds at best from season ticket sales. This betrayal of Charlton by season ticket holders and therefore so called Charlton supporters will force the directors hand into selling are best players during the closed season just to keep the club running, as the club has no overdraft and the current directors no longer have the money to pay the bills out of their own pockets. I have no doubts that this will get the moaners going about the club having no ambition and how terrible the directors are, when it is their own desertion of the club they claim to support that will bring this about, I say shame on you.

Who the f**k are you to call everyone that can't renew a traitor?

Yes there maybe some fair weather fans in that number but I have not had a permanent job for over a year after being made redundant and I have had to get by on dull money and the odd poor paid temp job, next season I will still be spending every spare penny on this club but I can not commit to a season ticket for the first time in over 12 years.

I dare say that I am not the only Addick in this situation and as for the club and this emotional blackmail that if we don't renew the club will sell all its talent and we will go down because of the fans is the lowest of the lot, just because they won't put there money were there mouth is anymore.

They know they have fans by the nuts and it does make me sick that I know if I had the money I would have renew and put £300 into a board I no longer trust and players I mostly don't respect.
  • Options
    as has been said, it seems what somerton said was aimed at people not renewing because they're sick of losing, or don't like parky not because they can't afford it.

If you take it as that then it is an interesting point.
  • Options
    No he wasn't because he hasn't got the facts to make that assumption and he didn't say he was making that assumption he was saying if you don't renew you are a traitor who is forcing the club to sell its talent and condemning us to league 2 and he wrote his post in a arrogant holier then thou way like he knows everyone’s situations.

I found it insulting as a person that would give my last penny to keep the club going.
  • Options
    i can tell by the length of that sentence you're angry, so lets agree to disagree...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]especially as Clubs like Norwich are quoting 17,000 up take already,

the whole of norfolk has a population of 820,000ish
    the boroughs of greenwich, bexley and bromley have a combined population of 740,000ish.
  • Options
    I think considering the current economic conditions around the world, the generilisation of people not renewing as a "betrayal" to the club was a little short-sighted.

There are a whole host of reasons, from the non-enjoyment factor all the way to the unfortunate situation mad and a number of other members on this forum find themselves in in terms of being without a job at the moment.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]i can tell by the length of that sentence you're angry, so lets agree to disagree...

I'll give you that one, my grammar does suffer when I'm angry.
  • Options
    Yeah PBS (great stattoing by the way) but they don't have the big 3 (arse, chelski and yiddos not to mention the world cup winners!) in the same city do they?? How many plastic arse yid and chelsk do you know, i know loads, bet i know loads more of them sort of plastics that your average tractor lover!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Yeah PBS (great stattoing by the way) but they don't have the big 3 (arse, chelski and yiddos not to mention the world cup winners!) in the same city do they?? How many plastic arse yid and chelsk do you know, i know loads, bet i know loads more of them sort of plastics that your average tractor lover!!

you probably would know more through your ginger masonic contacts across the world.
    i would imagine norfolk has its fair share of man u, liverpool, chelsea, and arsenal fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]No one should feel forced to do anything.

For some going to football is a leisure activity, and if you're not enjoying it then you shouldn't feel forced to pay for something you don't enjoy.

For others, it goes beyond a leisure activity and is a part of their life. Those are the ones barring money issues will renew regardless.

I agree. Ive not been able to have a ST for this season due to working every Saturday to pay for a wedding. Going to Charlton has been my life for a long time now. But having this season off (while sneaking along to the odd game) has seen my stress levels decrease rapidly. Last few years i came home livid after most games. And i don't think it should get to that.
    I think that using the ''loyalty card'' to make people renew is the wrong way to go. Get a team on the pitch that gives a shit and plays like they want to wear the shirt. That might make the fans want to renew!
  • Options
    The inspiration of a new manager and signing some half decent players (i.e. not Dean Burton!) will create the buzz needed to get us punters to renew their season tickets. A takeover will add to the interest and help to blow away the staleness around the club at the moment.
    Against that, the recession is very real and clubs across the country will have fewer renewals next season.
  • Options
    Not sitting back on a two goal leads and going for it in these last few games would of got more people renewing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]as has been said, it seems what somerton said was aimed at people not renewing because they're sick of losing, or don't like parky not because they can't afford it.

If you take it as that then it is an interesting point.

I think the points about investment in the team relating to the sale of ST's is relevqant, but using emotive languge like betrayal and tarring everybody with the same brush undermines the point that is being made.

Re The 17,000 Norwich ST's is a figure quoted by Coral, a Norwich supporter, on a different thread and could be true or bull shit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]The inspiration of a new manager and signing some half decent players (i.e. not Dean Burton!) will create the buzz needed to get us punters to renew their season tickets.

A bit of a chicken and egg. low renewals and where's the money to replace the manager or buy half decent players.
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite].

I think the points about investment in the team relating to the sale of ST's is relevqant, but using emotive languge like betrayal and tarring everybody with the same brush undermines the point that is being made.

Agree totally.