Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forum members kick up a stink on Valley food

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4328736.Forum_members_kick_up_a_stick_on_Valley_food/

Comments

• Options
    I'm more concerned with the fact that they think the state of the food is uppermost in our minds...........
  • Options
    seconded Golfie.. dont worry about league one and worst cafc team since 1979... get the burgers and pies sorted..

200burger.jpg
  • Options
    Please read the full summary of the meeting on the thread just posted (Fans' Forum meeting - 2nd April 09) before passing judgement on Geoff's piecemeal bit for the News Shopper.
  • Options
    The "food quality" debate always makes me laugh.

Who goes to a football with the primary aim to eat food? If one requires food then either eat at home, take something with you or go to a resteraunt.

What is one expecting when you consider the facilities available in such a setting and the amount of food they shift in a short space of time?

The food is not that good for you anyway and I believe some go to the football just to eat the pies.
  • Options
    i generally agree pork pie, but when walking past the food kiosks in the lower north the smell is really bad. The smell of fat and grease is disgusting and i've never known it at any other ground i've been to.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pork_pie[/cite]The "food quality" debate always makes me laugh.

Who goes to a football with the primary aim to eat food? If one requires food then either eat at home, take something with you or go to a resteraunt.

What is one expecting when you consider the facilities available in such a setting and the amount of food they shift in a short space of time?

The food is not that good for you anyway and I believe some go to the football just to eat the pies.

While I might personally agree with you, pork_pie, the fact is that a number of your fellow fans have expressed concerns about the catering of the type mentioned in Geoff's article. The Fans' Forum reps are simply passing on what we have been asked to pass on.

Of course, no-one goes to a match with the primary aim of eating food. It is one of the things that many people choose to do there though, like going for a piss, having a bet and drinking a few pints (not necessarily in that order).

Maybe your solution to avoid all catering issues would be to ask the club to provide nothing? Do you want us to raise that on your behalf?
  • Options
    Got to agree Pie
  • Options
    I rarely eat in the ground, if I do its a pasty, and I never, ever touch the beer, vile.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    that's what the bloody Fans Forum is for for f*** sake. too bloody quick to whinge - they can't do anything about the bloody football side of things - how many times do they have to say it to some of you before it sinks into to your thick skulls. The fans forum is there to bring up these issues,, if you have them, and obviously some fans have otherwise they wouldn't be tackling it.
  • Options
    Don't hold back ledge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a friend of mine was getting the ht drinks in and somebody in front of him was returning a pie which although hot on the outside was still frozen on the inside - this demonstrates an alarming lack of hygiene control. He was offered a replacement which he rightly refused, he was lucky really that it was frozen, where people have them just a bit cold in the middle they'll probably just eat them anyway - and spend the next day wondering how they got the sh1ts. Never eat any hot food at he ground!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]that's what the bloody Fans Forum is for for f*** sake. too bloody quick to whinge - they can't do anything about the bloody football side of things - how many times do they have to say it to some of you before it sinks into to your thick skulls. The fans forum is there to bring up these issues,, if you have them, and obviously some fans have otherwise they wouldn't be tackling it.

Agree with all of that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]that's what the bloody Fans Forum is for for fuck sake. too bloody quick to whinge - they can't do anything about the bloody football side of things - how many times do they have to say it to some of you before it sinks into to your thick skulls. The fans forum is there to bring up these issues,, if you have them, and obviously some fans have otherwise they wouldn't be tackling it.

Thanks, Ledge - although we are doing our best to bring up football-related issues whenever we can. The notes from all of our meetings and the call for a 'Statement of Intent' from the club earlier this year reflect that.

At the outset of our six-month probationary tenure, we were told that our remit did not extend to 'on pitch' issues, but we have been able to raise concerns about key topics (such as adminstration, investment strategy, managerial appointments etc) without over-stepping the mark.

Might be worth catching up on our efforts by reading the notes from all of our meetings at www.charltonfansforum.co.uk.
  • Options
    I am not saying that the club should provide nothing - not at all.

The food has been an issue for years but I firmly believe peoples priorities should be focused elsewhere to be perfectly honest. I sometimes make use of the catering facilities but I am under no illusions yet I am extremely glad the facility/necessity is there. If I dare moan about the catering (to this day I haven't) I say "Porkpie what frig are you expecting?".

One must not sit too comfortably otherwise the silver spoon will start to perforate the bowel.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pork_pie[/cite]I am not saying that the club should provide nothing - not at all.

The food has been an issue for years but I firmly believe peoples priorities should be focused elsewhere to be perfectly honest. I sometimes make use of the catering facilities but I am under no illusions yet I am extremely glad the facility/necessity is there. If I dare moan about the catering (to this day I haven't) I say "Porkpie what frig are you expecting?".

One must not sit too comfortably otherwise the silver spoon will start to perforate the bowel.

Is that what they call an Irritable bowel Syndrome...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pork_pie[/cite]I am not saying that the club should provide nothing - not at all.

So, in the event that the club continues to provide a facility, there will be those who express complaints - which is where we came in.

*adds smiley face thingy*
  • Options
    Catering at football has never really be an issue, yes it mainly nasty stuff (exception being the balti pies at villa) the food is either to warm you up on a cold night or to soak up some of the booze, if you want nice food theres plenty around the ground to chose from, my main object is the price not the quality.. how they can charge what they do for a water downded fosters and a soggy burger is beyond me. once your through the gates thats it if you need somthing or have kids with you who you ask if they want food before say no then as soon as they see the kiosks they want somthing.. you have no choice. A better pint and cheaper prices would do for me.
  • Options
    Cant please all of the people all of the time can we? Im a bit confused Adam as you seem to be contradicting yourself a bit mate. If you want any of us to pass on your comments, drop any of us an email and we will present a case....just like we did with the crappy sausage rolls and poor service at the kiosks.

If you can get decent enough food on the high st, then why not at the Valley? Thats what we are trying to improve.....afterall Id rather the club had our money than somebody from Sloppy Joes take away, wouldnt you?
  • Options
    i quite like the sausage rolls they have there. I dont know the price but am sure its expensive but it just does the trick when I need something at half time. the the last one i had was burnt and dried up. normally quite nice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Im a bit confused Adam as you seem to be contradicting yourself a bit mate.

mate, my life is one big contradiction... somthing to do with the multiple personailty disorder im currently suffering with.. no im not...yes i am... im not i tell you... shut it lardy you are... Arghhhhhh!!!

Insane%20Asylum%20Patient%20in%20a%20Straitjacket.jpg

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Note to Geoff Billingsley
    Are you Virgo, are you Virgo, are you Virgo in disguise ?
  • Options
    The grub down the Valley is awful compared to what it was 10 years ago and it is also double the price. But I'd put up with it in return for a team on the pitch with the same values as past great Addick sides of 10-20 years ago.
  • Options
    What's so hard about getting a bag of fish and chips crisps (always a joy to get them years ago at Ewood Park) and a decent pie?

For an area that used to be famous for it's pies why is it so hard to make an edible pie. In Aus they can make a decent mass produced pie for under a quid why not in this country? Murderous margins and shocking quality. Get's on my wick, you can't get a good pie anywhere in this country nowadays.

As for the bacon sarnies at the club OMG! It ain't just the club it's the shocking quality of food available in this country at anything below michelin star prices.
  • Options
    I don't go to football with the primary aim to eat the stadium food on offer,i think it's good that this issue has been brought up as it's an issue that needs improving, better quality and more affordable food instead of the expensive rubbish on offer.

I don't eat anything inside the stadium but my daughter loves the hot dogs which at £3.00 are overpriced but since the football has been so bad it's about the only thing she has been looking forward to, she had a hotdog at derby on saturday which was the same price and said it wasn't as good.