Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Live from the Sponsors Dinner

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Dear all

Having a good time. Wish you were here. I've got the photo signed by all of the players except Nicky Weaver because he dropped the pen.

Love from Valley Mc

Comments

• Headlocked any players?
  • JonJo still hasn't passed his driving test so his mum has come to pick him up
  • bless him
  • I was there with my Dad on Lloyd Sam's and Matty SPring's table.

Llyod is going to join Charlton life after i banged on about it :)
  • edited April 2009
    Stubbers - you should have made yourself known. I think you should know that Lloyd Sam wears white Calvin Klein pants.

Nicky Bailey and Neon Deon looked a bit anxious all night but then they were on Curb_It's table.
  • After speaking with several Lifers at tonight's dinner, I've decided to take the plunge and join you. Hope the invitation will not be regretted !

It WAS a good evening, albeit on a smaller scale than previous years due to lack of sponsors and lots of loanees. What a great bunch of players we have on board at the minute - all totally "normal" and approachable - and I was impressed by Andy Gray especially. He seems very committed to the cause and will be at Sparrows Lane most of the summer trying to regain his fitness.

Sat with Therry & Rob tonight - both very special guys. No prima donnas here,thank god. Rob is due to holiday in Mexico soon so is obviously concerned about the threat of cancellation....he was having some difficulty eating & drinking due to the stitches inserted in his lip at halftime last Sat after it inadvertently got in the way of Hulse's elbow. Said he had promised his gloves to The Penguin at Pride Park but was unable to fulfill this due to the pitch invasion.

Looking forward to Sunday now as everyone seemed very up for it & for ending the season on a high. Wonder whether we'll reduce Delia to tears.....
  • Oooooooooooooooh pin up Robbie
  • Welcome aboard Fanny, nice story.
  • Welcome aboard Fanny?! Is this something to do with AFKA's vessel?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]After speaking with several Lifers at tonight's dinner, I've decided to take the plunge and join you. Hope the invitation will not be regretted !

It WAS a good evening, albeit on a smaller scale than previous years due to lack of sponsors and lots of loanees. What a great bunch of players we have on board at the minute - all totally "normal" and approachable - and I was impressed by Andy Gray especially. He seems very committed to the cause and will be at Sparrows Lane most of the summer trying to regain his fitness.

Sat with Therry & Rob tonight - both very special guys. No prima donnas here,thank god. Rob is due to holiday in Mexico soon so is obviously concerned about the threat of cancellation....he was having some difficulty eating & drinking due to the stitches inserted in his lip at halftime last Sat after it inadvertently got in the way of Hulse's elbow. Said he had promised his gloves to The Penguin at Pride Park but was unable to fulfill this due to the pitch invasion.

Looking forward to Sunday now as everyone seemed very up for it & for ending the season on a high. Wonder whether we'll reduce Delia to tears.....

Welcome Fanny...Yes, a very good night. Did you get to see Therry's pants and tattoo?
  • Welcome Jean, You must have been on the table with Ian from Bromley Addicks and his other half.

Hadn't thought about the players who weren't sponsored or only a part of their kit. Must have been a few spaces around.
  • Welcome Fanny! Are you the lovely lady i spoke to as you were leaving? As has been said already what a special night it was. Bruv & i were lucky enough to be on Jonjo's table. I really felt for him being surrounded by fans of a certain age but i need not have worried. What a truly lovely & down to earth young man. Uncle & all his family must take some credit for that & they must be extremely proud. Met some great people, took lots of pictures (which i will post some later) and felt really part of something. Am so grateful for being given the opportunity & i hope we can do it again as i think others from here deserve the chance to experience it. Valley McMoist, what a gent you are! I owe you a pint sir! One last thing for Jonjo, buy your mum some flowers, no book is that good ;-)
  • Welcome Jean, another refugee from the OS. It's a DS and NG free zone, you'll not regret your decision, just don't open the Would Ya threads!
  • DA9DA9
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Welcome Jean, another refugee from the OS. It's a DS and NG free zone, you'll not regret your decision, just don't open the Would Ya threads!

Or mention Rangers, Celtic, race, religion and weird spellings of Jonjo threads :-), welcome BTW, you'll soon come to realise that I am the oracle and master of all I touch, Henry wears cardigans and AdamTheAddick has a worrying & disturbing library of photos.
  • Thats confirmed it then Fanny, it is you. Look forward to meeting you again to continue our natter. Glad you took the plunge, just be wary of advances from WSS ;-)
  • edited April 2009
    ?
  • Glad you all had a great night, and thanks once again for everyone participating in the two sponsorships and allowing these opportunities. Hopefully we can repeat again next season.

I will arrange for the shirt winners etc to receive their prizes on Sunday.

What was the general tone of the evening ? Players seem a 'determined to fight back' bunch or a 'we need big changes' feel ?

I know they are careful and the party line is normally trotted out, but you can sometimes get a feel of whether people seem happy or not.
  • edited April 2009
    Welcome Fanny, nice to have you on board. I am impressed by your typing as according to a quick search on google you are either a) a pedigree labrador b) a barmaid from Cleckheaton who gave birth in the 1700's to the illegitimate child of Henry IV or c) something to do with Fred Fanackapan from a Gracie Fields song. Perhaps you can clarify which if I see you on Sunday?
  • I got a very positive feel from the ones I spoke to AFKA. But it was a very 'relaxed' evening and I think people just wanted to enjoy it for what it was and not get too bogged down with the 'relegation' issue.

Fanny had it spot on when she said the players all seemed very down to earth
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope we do the shirt sponsorship again next season.

Should be interesting seeing who is available ; - )
  • great name Fanny
  • Ambrose and Fortunes sponsors never made it.

It was a nice evening. Hard work in parts but the players were nice. Baileys a Fulham fan and was cheering on Barcelona. Deon is looking forward to relegating norwich on sunday as he just found out some of his Norwich mates will be on holiday the same time as he is with his family and if we have gone down so are they.

and as for Jonjo, the cheeky monkey as he walked past and i said hello (for the 8th time)... he said to the players, she's not right in the head.
    He may have a point but to say it aloud!

i have pictures of Therrys pants and tattoo... and also of Lloyd Sam's trainers which i took specially for the Adidas fans. Lloyd is a sweetheart.

Suzi came with me as Ian had to wait for his boss up town.

So nice enough all round.
  • Stubley the lady on your table seemed to know Lloyd when he arrived as she gave him a big hug? has she sponsored him for a while.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]he said to the players, she's not right in the head.
    ha ha ha
  • Yeh and at the end of the night when i sat down with little sis to have another wine as all my table had left - he said "is she supposed to be on this table". He knows how to hurt that boy! :-)

He did say that he wants to stay at charlton and play first team football and not play in some other club's reserves.

I didnt have the courage to ask Bailey what his plans were. Well i dont think i did.
  • Sorry to go back acouple of days, but I do agree with Curb-it ;
    Lloyd is a nice guy (wouldn't call him a "sweetheart" tho').
    Spoke with him at the POTY do and felt quite guilty at the stick I've been giving him since Christmas.
  • LOL @ jonjo

the innocence of youth eh!!!!!
  • Kids have no fear.
  • edited April 2009
    I thought he said "there is something wrong with her!"