Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What happens if Saints go pop?

Does anyone know what will happen if Saints do go titsup?

Presumably they'll come back under a new name so where do they start? And how would the extra place in League 1be filled - extra one up from League 2 or one down from Chumpionship?

Comments

• I'd guess that the space would be filled from the bottom: ie 4 promoted from League 2, an extra team from the Conference into the League & so on...
  • I think it will be one less relegated from Div 1 this season and one extra promoted from the conf.
  • [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Does anyone know what will happen if Saints do go titsup?

Presumably they'll come back under a new name so where do they start? And how would the extra place in League 1be filled - extra one up from League 2 or one down from Chumpionship?

I heard a rumour Rangers were going to buy them and take their league place.. Oh, was that a joke?

Other reformed clubs such as AFC and Aldershot have started at the bottom of the non-league pyramid or at least a way down. Ryman or Istmian league 2 so 5 rungs below the Conference.

I'd guess Chester would be allowed to stay up and another team promoted to League one.

Can't see Soton going to be honest but we shall see. One day a big club is going to go under.
  • They won't go pop, but if they do one only 3 teams in league 1 will go down.
  • I think one of Celtic or Rangers fills it.
  • Won't be someone extra from the championship as there will be a deficit of a team there next season. Presumably there would be an extra team promoted from league one, unless they just relegate one side less from the championship.

In short, I have no idea.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]They won't go pop, but if they do one only 3 teams in league 1 will go down.
    Which means one would have to come up from the Conference to make up the numbers there
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think one of Celtic or Rangers fills it.[/quote]

you just had to start that old one up again didn't you LOL
  • [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]They won't go pop, but if they do one only 3 teams in league 1 will go down.
    Which means one would have to come up from the Conference to make up the numbers there
    You're right, it would almost mean a lot of adjusting in the non-league system, so good thing no one cares about leagues below conference north/south!
  • Which is why Chester would most likely stay up.

It's the football league that are affected so I'd guess that they keep it within the FL rather than let a team drop out of the league to be replaced by a non-league side.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think one of Celtic or Rangers fills it.

you just had to start that old one up again didn't you LOL
    It's going to be Rangers as apparently The FA have agreed to allow this as a way of apologising to Rangers fans for the inadequate treatment they have to endure in Manchester last season.... ;-)
  • I'd imagine one less club would go down from League One.
  • There was a report over the weekend which claimed Southampton had been in talks with the Conference about starting again there if the club went bust and had to reform. Seems a bit cheeky considering Maidstone and Aldershot have had to fight their way up from the bottom.
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]There was a report over the weekend which claimed Southampton had been in talks with the Conference about starting again there if the club went bust and had to reform. Seems a bit cheeky considering Maidstone and Aldershot have had to fight their way up from the bottom.

Team Bath have volunteered to be relegated from Conference South so they could slot in there.

The prospect of have a club the size of Soton in the Conference and the resulting income will have won the day me thinks.

And all there lovely fans coming to a town near you soon.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]They won't go pop, but if they do one only 3 teams in league 1 will go down.[/quote]Which means one would have to come up from the Conference to make up the numbers there[/quote]
    You're right, it would almost mean a lot of adjusting in the non-league system, so good thing no one cares about leagues below conference north/south![/quote]

Oi, I do!!!