Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Flights to New York for £160 return...

I know this is a football forum, but this is too good not to pass on..... and from those of you on here I know, NY is quite a popular destination for many of us.....

(AFKA, Lookout - feel free to remove if this isnt what you want on here.....)

"US carrier Delta’s launching a new route between London Gatwick and New York-Kennedy, and it’s offering return fares for a bargain £160 inc taxes and charges.

This offer is not specifically detailed on the Delta website, yet I've spoken to it and it's confirmed the deal is on

When does it fly?

The flights that qualify must be

A. Between November 15, 2006 to March 21, 2007.
B. It MUST include a Sat night
C. All travel must be completed by April 20, 2007.
D. The offer excludes travel between 15 December to 7 January.
E. The maximum stay is 30 days
F. Remember it is strictly only Gatwick to New York JFK

To book, visit http://www.deltaairlines.co.uk and choose the 'full search options on the right hand side. Enter your dates and away you go. Remember, your dates must include a Saturday night"

Comments

• Options
    Mate, its in the not charlton related thread discussion thingy, its what its for. Dont think those guys will delete this.
  • Options
    I keep getting this message

Your booking session has expired. Please start over.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shag[/cite]I keep getting this message

Close Internet Explorer, re-open and try it again.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shag[/cite]I keep getting this message

Close Internet Explorer, re-open and try it again.....

Tried that mate and still getting the same message
  • Options
    i found one for that price for 7th-11th december. bit more expensive in january for my birthday.
  • Options
    When is b-day in Jan curbit, im the 28th!
  • Options
    that's what the category is for Medders.

Fantastic offer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i found one for that price for 7th-11th december. bit more expensive in january for my birthday.

Your birthday early Jan isnt it B?
    "D. The offer excludes travel between 15 December to 7 January."

Comes up fine for my bday weekend - going out on 19th January....

Looks like Continental are also doing the £160 thing though..... so try them. www.continental.com
  • Options
    yes but i looked for the weekend after my birthday (10th). anyway wishful thinking - have forwarded on to relevant person that makes these decisions... lol.
  • Options
    Did anyone hear about the jobsworth security bloke who insisted on checking the pilots bag before going through to board?

I think his reply was something like "I don't need a bomb, if I want the plane to go down......."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Medders booked 30th Nov - 4th Dec.
    Something tells me the wife is going to hammer the credit card!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Thanks Medders booked 30th Nov - 4th Dec.
    Something tells me the wife is going to hammer the credit card!

Feel free to bring me back a few pairs of Levi's etc.... call it commission ;-)
  • Options
    Thanks Medders.

Just booked up for a week - Paddy's day out there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I know this is a football forum, but this is too good not to pass on..... and from those of you on here I know, NY is quite a popular destination for many of us.....

(AFKA, Lookout - feel free to remove if this isnt what you want on here.....)

"US carrier Delta’s launching a new route between London Gatwick and New York-Kennedy, and it’s offering return fares for a bargain £160 inc taxes and charges.

This offer is not specifically detailed on the Delta website, yet I've spoken to it and it's confirmed the deal is on

When does it fly?

The flights that qualify must be

A. Between November 15, 2006 to March 21, 2007.
    B. It MUST include a Sat night
    C. All travel must be completed by April 20, 2007.
    D. The offer excludes travel between 15 December to 7 January.
    E. The maximum stay is 30 days
    F. Remember it is strictly only Gatwick to New York JFK

To book, visithttp://www.deltaairlines.co.ukand choose the 'full search options on the right hand side. Enter your dates and away you go. Remember, your dates must include a Saturday night"

Delta do this quite often. Managed to get 5 internal flights for £90 a few years ago. Flew to NY and took in New Orleans, Hawaii, Los Angeles, Chicago and back to NY
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist Delta do this quite often. Managed to get 5 internal flights for £90 a few years ago. Flew to NY and took in New Orleans, Hawaii, Los Angeles, Chicago and back to NY

How long ago was that McMoist? Was that back when they used bi-planes?

;-)
  • Options
    I've flown Zoom once, as they began between Canada and the UK, and, though the planes are old with a new lick of paint, it was really good and you can't beat the prices. They advertise a lot during Prem matches on the tv as well, as their trying to capture the football market I suppose.

Low cost airlines are bad for the environment. Discuss.
  • Options
    I have flown Zoom several times transatlantic - really old planes but good-ish service. No frills whatsoever but as a lot of flights from the Western side of the US/Canada are overnighters you can sleep through the lack of luxury.
  • Options
    Agreed Oakster. Also if you want to come to Canada try Air Transat... Rubbish but cheap. I'm flying from Vancouver to London for about 280 quid return (including taxes) in October.
  • Options
    Ryan Air are going to offer £7 flights.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: rhinosvalley[/cite]Someone posted this last summer bout flights to NY, but not sure if anyone is interested but new low cost airline tonight announced flights from Gatwick to New York for £129....

think there maybe a price war going to start from here over the atlantic....Just thought any potential shoppers or romantics maybe interested.........

From what I can see on their site, it's £129 each way....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]When is b-day in Jan curbit, im the 28th![/quote]

I'm the 28th January as well. 1976!
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited April 2007
    blimey dude, i know loads of people on the 28 Jan! the only down side to this date is it's always fa cup weekend and charlton aint normally in it!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: rhinosvalley[/cite]Not an expert on prices or that but just put in to see what a week would be in July with this lot - it came to £108 return for the flight and £153 for taxes etc etc - totalling about £262.........So is that a good price or is it just another con, or led to believe your getting a bargain.??......Would others go for this ??[/quote]

i went in March on the deal that Medders first mentioned last year. i paid £160 return including everything so i reckon your paying a ton over what you could get tickets for!
  • Options
    I've been looking at getting flights over to NY for July.

Cheapest i can get with any other airline is around the £350 mark.

£262 sound good to me, just be aware that the luggage allowance is only 20KG. and £6 for ever KG over that.

in fact, i'm goign to book it now....
  • Options
    I might have to go out to New York as my mate has been in hospital out there with liver failure (yep the booze has finally caught up with him) I have a passport do I need any other doucmentation to get into the States.
  • Options
    nope, you get to sign a bit of paper when you arrive there.

they can be real Nazi's with the forms though......
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]I might have to go out to New York as my mate has been in hospital out there with liver failure (yep the booze has finally caught up with him) I have a passport do I need any other doucmentation to get into the States.[/quote]

You just need to fill out a form thing when you're on the plane.

New York is great though, if you get a chance after tending to your mate visit the little church next to Ground Zero, gives you a great idea of what went on on that day.