Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• And then at the end of it asks him for his thoughts on the Champions League semi final.....

LOL
  • Good for Frank.
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Good for Frank.
    Agreed.
  • fair play to fat frank i would have done the same
  • James O'Brien: Im really sorry Frank i really am, look just one thing before you go, can you let us know... is Ashley Cole a Benny.

Frank Lampard: Nailed on Fact, he only signed for us because he thought Le Saux still played here.

;-)
  • Fair play to him!
  • I thought he was going to get tearful when he started speaking about his mum but he did well... well as well as a love cheat can! :-)
  • O'Brien is an absolute publicity seeking arsehole to be honest. Talks a load of bollox a lot of the time and he knows it....it simply get's the LBC listener ratings up and as a consequence keeps the advertisers and management at LBC happy.
  • heard it well done Frank
  • Nice one Frank. Being a football Jorno seems to a license to print bullshit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair f***ing play to him. I haven't really got a lot of time for Lampard - he's always struck me as an arrogant tool, but he is absolutely accurate here - perfectly reasonable - and that condescending prick O'Brien was rightly made to look a complete f***wit. Love where Lampard tells him he knows exactly why he's called him 'scum' and 'weak' (to get listeners to listen to him) - then basically offers him out. Good on him.
  • edited April 2009
    Call me old-fashioned but while this O'Brien is clearly a piece of coarse lowlife, Lampard's response seems a bit undignfied to me.
  • I admire Lampard for calling the bloke on what he said but the problem is that this twat O'Brien can't lose either way, can he?

If Lampard doesn't respond then O'Brien gets a free pass and if he DOES take the bait then even though Lampard makes O'Brien look like a dickhead then O'Brien doesn't really care because he has just created a massive news story and scored a heap of free publicity for himself and LBC.

I just can't believe the cheek of some of those questions!

Q: "Where are your children sleeping?"

A: (should be) What the fuck does that have to do with you?"
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]O'Brien is an absolute publicity seeking arsehole to be honest. Talks a load of bollox a lot of the time and he knows it....it simply get's the LBC listener ratings up and as a consequence keeps the advertisers and management at LBC happy.

Absolutely spot on.

Surprised (and pleased) that Lampard found the eloquence to argue well and clearly, and also stand up to him.

Even though the bloke's an odious Chelscum tool!!!
  • Whichever way you look at it, it's great publicity for LBC.
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Call me old-fashioned but while this O'Brien is clearly a piece of coarse lowlife, Lampard's response seems a bit undignfied to me.

you're bloody old fashioned.

sorry fella I think there is more dignity in lampard fighting his corner than letting some no mark dj slag him off without the FACTS.

Good on ya frank
  • 'That’s the statement of the culture of England and Britain that someone would try to con a personal statement out of you to then be broadcast everywhere for everyone to debate.'

Yep, says it all really. Anyone who is remotely interested in why Frank and Elen have split up and where their children are living, what they have for breakfast, who runs the bath etc etc is really, really sad and don't have a life of their own worth a dime. I applaud Frank for sticking it to this low life turd.
  • Good stuff from Frank Lampard. I'd getting simply to dislike Chelsea rather than hate them. I realised how my feelings have changed when I realised against Arsenal that I was actually pleased for them to win. I really like Gus Hiddink whereas Wenger is a git.
  • edited April 2009
    Ledge wrote: "you're bloody old fashioned...I think there is more dignity in lampard fighting his corner than letting some no mark dj slag him off without the FACTS.''

Fair enough,Ledge.I am happy to plead guilty to being old-fashioned. I was brought up (a) not to wash one's dirty linen in public and (b) to turn the other cheek. But you are right - that was in the 1950s. A long time ago, although I've never lost my belief in either principle.

This O'Brien is clearly a reptile. But it wasn't him who put the subject in the public demain. It was Lampard's ex who wrote an article in the press about it. I would say that she demeaned herself by doing so. But in my opinion Frank's argument should be conducted with her in private - and ultimately perhaps in court - but not in public on the air waves.

He played straight into the bloke's hands by rising to the bait and I suspect he is already regretting his rash action. The whole story is as unsavoury as, for example, the Paul McCartney - Heather Mills saga. I just wish they'd all shut up and go away and sort these things out behind closed doors !
  • edited April 2009
    Could not disagree more with your final paragraph...he had to nip this in the bud before the accusations became even more outrageous.
    Further more it wasn't her who wrote the article....the comments she made were 'off the record 'and someone sold them to the highest bidder...whether that was a journo or not is at present somewhat unclear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes she didnt write an article in the press. He said twice she was a bit pissed in a bar and someone pretending to be a friendly ear started talking about it. whether she knew this person its not clear but she was very upset when she realised her whole drunken conversation had been reported. Very unfair but thats the tabloid press
  • Seems daft to me. Gutter press write garbage to boost tabloid sales. Person then defends himself against the gutter press by talking to the same tabloid and thus helps to sell more copies of the offending tabloid.
  • edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]'That’s the statement of the culture of England and Britain that someone would try to con a personal statement out of you to then be broadcast everywhere for everyone to debate.'

Yep, says it all really. Anyone who is remotely interested in why Frank and Elen have split up and where their children are living, what they have for breakfast, who runs the bath etc etc is really, really sad and don't have a life of their own worth a dime. I applaud Frank for sticking it to this low life turd.

Agree.

Frank is the only one to come out of this slighty well. They had a relationship, it ended. That happens. He was right, IMHO, to try and limit the damage being done to his reputation.

It seems he is trying to do right thing by his kids and maintain contact with them so good on him
  • I've met Frank Lampard.

He was a very nice guy who was very willing to talk about charlton and football in general.

Even bought me a drink!

Good on him for standing up for himself.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Yes she didnt write an article in the press. He said twice she was a bit pissed in a bar and someone pretending to be a friendly ear started talking about it. whether she knew this person its not clear but she was very upset when she realised her whole drunken conversation had been reported. Very unfair but thats the tabloid press

That's what happened, its true, but she would be well advised (and I think she will!) to be a trifle more discreet in the future!
  • edited April 2009
    Fascinated - and surprised - by the strength of support for Lampard's emotional outburst.

I have to admit that as someone who spent part of his career as a press officer to Neil Kinnock (who could never be persuaded that silence was the best option!), my professional advce to Lampard would have been to shut up as it was a no-win stuation in which none of the parties involved could possibly emerge with any dignity.

But it was clearly a very personal reaction in the heat of the moment and I suspect that no amount of professional advice could have swayed him.

Perhaps the support for him is not surprising in the context of our celebrity culture in which we know far more about the private lives of public figures than is necessary or desirable.

But I can't help contrasting Lampard's typically hot-headed reaction and lack of self-control with the calm and quiet dignity of Andy Gray, when he decided to keep private admittedly very different - but arguably even more distressing - family circumstances.

Lampard's relationship with the mother of his children should remain within the family, IMO. I only hope his children are too young to be aware of the unfortunate public controversy now surrounding them, fuelled, inadvertently it seems, by their mother, and somewhat more deliberately by their father.
  • But Andy Gray is shit, plays in a shit team, and no-one's interested in him. Not quite so easy for Lampard.

Besides, I thought Lampard kept his self-control very well.
  • The two winners in all this will be Rupert Murdoch and Max Clifford: odds on!
  • edited April 2009
    Spot on, March.

Murdoch & Clifford 6 - Lampard family 0.

All rather sad and depressing, IMO. Don't you just hate our celebrity culture and the tabloid journalism that feeds it ? They say that in our modern media-intrusive world, Churchill never could have been PM because he would have been exposed for drinking more before breakfast than Charlie Kennedy ever did in a week and JFK's extra-marital shagging habits would have meant he never could have become president...
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]They say that in our modern media-intrusive world, Churchill never could have been PM because he would have been exposed for drinking more before breakfast than Charlie Kennedy ever did in a week) and JFK's shagging habits would have meant he never could have become president...

and no one would ever take pardew on as manager ............doh!