Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keith Peacock on YouTube

Here's the interview with KP shown on the big screen on Tuesday. It will also be on the OS later today.

I noted the comments made on the previous thread - I don't think it seems too long in this medium, although perceptions are probably different when you are in the stadium.

A lot of people have asked about buying the posters - see the OS later today for news on this.

Comments

• Options
    Airman, off topic I know, but up to what time can I get a ticket for Derby?
  • Options
    Sorry, you'll have to ask the commercial centre. You can buy on the day, but it's dearer.
  • Options
    No worry's, thanks anyway.
  • Options
    morning Airman, are the club aware of the fact there may be large numbers numbers of Norwich in home sections next week?
  • Options
    Crikey, Keithie's aged a bit since he first spoke to me on the platform at Coventry station, after our cup defeat.
    Mind you so have I, lol

That was January 1968.
  • Options
    mod or rocker Oggy?
  • Options
    I think everyone has a lot of time for Keith, and rightly so......... Good bit of Pr from the club,he is a good choice, but I have to say that I think it is a little bit more than 'unfortunate' our current position.

Yes, I know he has to be positive...... and no way am I having a go at Keith, who I think has a very important role to play at the club, especially with his experience and mild manner but I think the club have to be a bit more radical than this.

Pity the Chairman and officers cannot, and did not take an earlier invitation to speak to the fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]I think everyone has a lot of time for Keith, and rightly so......... Good bit of Pr from the club,he is a good choice, but I have to say that I think it is a little bit more than 'unfortunate' our current position.

Yes, I know he has to be positive...... and no way am I having a go at Keith, who I think has a very important role to play at the club, especially with his experience and mild manner but I think the club have to be a bit more radical than this.

Pity the Chairman and officers cannot, and did not take an earlier invitation to speak to the fans.

Not quite sure what you were expecting, Ken ... someone making loud noises and throwing their toys out of the pram ?
    But it needs to be put into the context of a sales pitch, for people to renew their season tickets.

I thought Keith more or less made all the right noises, in a calm and constructive way.
    And his message was that we are not wallowing in our misfortune or looking for scapegoats - and that planning for next season is already well underway.

And if it seems bleak at the moment, then hey ....... we've been in this spot before; we will bounce back.
    We always have.
  • Options
    What i have been expecting...... and was promised by the club! discussion and actual facts regarding the season and the exact position.

As I said re Keith nothing about him, or what he said, except the word 'unfortunate'. There seems to have been a number of commentators from Charlton over the past week, Derek Ufton, Rick Everitt on Sky, nothing wrong in what any of what they said, but what they stated was not really addressing the key issues. Parkinson,Money, Players, Investment, and so forth. I appreciate that these people I have mentioned cannot comment on these topics but that is why I along with others think there should be detail into why Parkinson was appointed, and not a more experienced manager! If money was the answer, how much has it cost us now we have been relegated! and will continue to cost us.

If the supporters cannot expect a clear and concise statement from the Chairman and CEO on relegation when can it expect one.

No one is saying this is terminal, but a clear vision needs to be given, not as in the local paper by the manager that they are 'running scarred' and he claims' Nothing has been said about what what the budget is going to be as the board are waiting to see the level of season ticket sales...... The more season tickets which are sold, the better the chance we've got of keeping the squad together' so how can you plan when you do not know what your budget is!......

Difficult I know, but that is why we need a clear statement from the board, or discussion as to what happens if season tickets only reach 10,000 say! or god forbid less
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed, we need a clear statement from the Board, but perhaps at this time they can't say too much ...... especially if there is actually investment activity behind the scenes.

Maybe whatever they say first depends on the outcome of those events.

But Keith is just doing a marketing pitch, appealing to existing loyal supporters to renew their season tickets.
    He's not holding an inquest.
  • Options
    Agreed as well Oggy re :Keith a true legend to me!

I think I am getting a bit frustrated with the board that is all who should be stepping forward with some answers....
  • Options
    I think there were a lot of answers and statements at the General meeting the week before last.

On Parky they said it will be end of the season when they decide. Not long now but either way I hope they say he is staying or going ASAP for his sake and so we as a club can move on.
  • Options
    Keith is a legend and much of what he says is right. But its a vaguely disguised ST Marketing campaign
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]Keith is a legend and much of what he says is right. But its a vaguely disguised ST Marketing campaign

Nelse, it's not even a vaguely disguised ST Marketing campaign - there's nothing vaguely disguised about it ....!
    As I reckoned in my earlier post, below.

;o)
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

But Keith is just doing a marketing pitch, appealing to existing loyal supporters to renew their season tickets.
    He's not holding an inquest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]Keith is a legend and much of what he says is right. But its a vaguely disguised ST Marketing campaign

So what if it is?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]

So what if it is?

Its well presented and sums up what is needed , sold ST's
  • Options
    I wonder
    how many of our current crop of players were 'grief striken' last week as KP was I that piece. Part of the problem IMO.